News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Kamikaze

Not sure if this has been mentioned ever, but would it ever be possible to connect the gondola from the resorts to the TTC? Essentially providing a non-bus route to MK from CBR (and Pop) and vice versa (creating a direct non-bus route from the deluxes to HS)...

Martin has said that there are no plans to expand this system beyond what we already know about.

If only ECVs were used by people who are disabled and not just people who get winded after 15 feet.

Lets not start that.

kthomas105

Not sure if this has been mentioned ever, but would it ever be possible to connect the gondola from the resorts to the TTC? Essentially providing a non-bus route to MK from CBR (and Pop) and vice versa (creating a direct non-bus route from the deluxes to HS)...
Monorail to EPCOT > Use a park hopper ticket > Walk to international gateway> Take Gondola to DHS
If you really don't want to take the bus it could be done but it wouldn't be ideal. On the bright side you would only go through security once.

lazyboy97o

That was my thought too, but like you said, you never know!
Yes, anything could happen but at some point it's nonsensical to say it's planned expansion. The system as shown is all that is designed. There will be nothing like extra loading platforms for future connections or extra utilities laid. Any expansion would be something separate.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

I guess in my mind $100-$130 is the "going rate" for hotels these days...

Sure I'd love to pay less, but I don't see Pop's prices as being outside the standard room rate of comproable properties in the area, at least not at $130ish.

$200-300, yes, that is way too much for what you're getting.

But $120-$130, not in my mind.
Size and amenities do not fit the price. They are just overcharging for the "theme" while giving mediocre food.

Cesar R M

Has anyone researched how much longer does it take to get from an off site hotel to the ticket gate, compared to using WDW transit when staying on-site? I read a blog recently where a person with an AP was evaluating the new security at MK and I think his time from car getting into WDW property (driving under the Welcome signs) to the ticket gate at MK was something like two hours. That did not include the time to get from a specific location outside of WDW to the Welcome signs (the blogger was a local).

To me, time has a value. I don't know exactly how much of a price difference would convince me to pay more on-site, but it definitely would be something to consider.

Of course, if you are using your car inside WDW, then the comparison is probably not of any value.
Pretty sure it would be still faster by using Uber. WDW transportation is pretty slow. Specially on busy days where you have to wait up to an hour to get a free bus.
Even more if there are wheelchairs and other groups that require special boardings.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
On my bus to epcot today, someone asked what the construction near AOA and POP was and they said that the only thing their supervisor said was that "it's a road but above, unlike normal roads."
So, it's clearly about this rumor unless she lied.

I don't believe there is any significant construction started on this project yet, expect for maybe some construction trailers and staging yards. They may have been referring to the intersection of Osceola and Victory which is where they are building a new overpass and new entrance to DHS.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I read a blog recently where a person with an AP was evaluating the new security at MK and I think his time from car getting into WDW property (driving under the Welcome signs) to the ticket gate at MK was something like two hours.

This person must have gotten lost for awhile, or attempted to walk from the TTC to MK.

MK is certainly the toughest of course. Even when I stay on-property, I usually drive to every park other than MK. But for MK, I'll take the bus most of the time to avoid the TTC shenanigans. That said, three weeks ago, I went from off-site condo to MK gate in 47 minutes, and it only took that long because we just missed a monorail. Slightly less time on the way out due to no security delay and hopping a ferry just as it was ready to leave. Taking the bus from All-Star Sports (where I last stayed on property) took me about 23 minutes from loading bus to gate. However, that was after a 10 minute wait for the bus, and a 4 minute walk from my room to the bus stop. A few minutes shorter, but not much. Coming back took longer because I had to wait through two buses at MK due to crowds, so it was about 50 minutes gate to room.

Ah.
I don't believe there is any significant construction started on this project yet, expect for maybe some construction trailers and staging yards. They may have been referring to the intersection of Osceola and Victory which is where they are building a new overpass and new entrance to DHS.
She mentioned it in a different stop.

Creathir

Size and amenities do not fit the price. They are just overcharging for the "theme" while giving mediocre food.
I guess I'm not following what you're saying.

$130 seems more than reasonable considering the competition and rest of the market.

I was stating that I felt $200-$300 was overpriced.

flynnibus

Premium Member
This person must have gotten lost for awhile, or attempted to walk from the TTC to MK.

vloggers were logging times like this during the new security screening videos. But it had more to do with the sheer crowds at the park. It was taking them 20+mins from arch to parking.. and then about an hour+ from there to Main Street. When you have to wait for the THIRD ferry... you know its busy.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
If only ECVs were used by people who are disabled and not just people who get winded after 15 feet.

I hear what you're saying. It's always... hang on a minute, gotta catch my breath after typing so much... interesting to see people in ECV's stand up and walk into... (Whew... sucking wind today...) the queue like it's no problem. I understand that sometimes (... outta breath from all this typing...) people need ECVs, like my dad when he was in his 60s. He had neuropathy and poor circulation in his feet and simply couldn't walk all day in the parks (... outta breath again...) like he used to. But many times the people I see in ECVs don't "look the part", which I know is my bad for assuming, but when you see them hop right up...

Ok, I'm exhausted, I need a nap now. Where's the voice-to-text translator for this site??? ;)

(HUGE sarcasm above, if you didn't get that already. The story about my dad was true, though)

Kman101

People absolutely take advantage of ECVs. Not all, but you know there are quite a few who know they can get on a bus first, get on a ride before others, etc. Just like people took advantage of the DAS card. And just like people bring double-wide strollers for 8 year olds just so they can carry all of their stuff on it. I know that's all "controversial" to say but it's true.

rocketraccoon

just Build a monorail instead.. they have more money then they know what to do with no matter the cost..
It really wouldn't be worth it is the problem. Two value resorts and a moderate getting monorail service before any more expensive ones (Wilderness Lodge would be the cheapest to get to and even that's a fever dream) would be real weird. The necessary stuff to expand the line and service the resorts would be laughably high.

If they don't do a line to those resorts all this would do is connect Epcot to Hollywood Studios, which the boats and buses already do. No need to drop millions to help people get dinner at Epcot faster.

It'd be really awesome if everything across WDW was connected by monorail, but it doesn't make sense to do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom