News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

Cesar R M

This is what I've been saying since this was specified as a legitimate rumor. DHS is going to have an enormous problem. It already does not have much to do. Now GMR is being taken off line, and at some point TSMM will have to close for a little while for toy story land. Imagine Tower or Rockin Rollercoaster goes down for a day (or worse?) You'll have a park with nothing to do.

That's not even getting into the fact that Star Wars Land is going to flood a small park that is not prepared for it.
I wonder if they will try to flood the park with temporal shows, like the Frozen one and M&G's until the attractions reopen.
Which honestly wouldnt surprise me.

Cesar R M

Not sure how a Mickey ride could set the table for a movies-based park any better than GMR, and how would you grow a themed land around the GMR building? That line of thinking only justifies keeping GMR and using Launch Bay for Mickey.
It does.. to their wallet.
I wonder if launch bay will be as "temporal" as the Hat when star wars proves to be so popular..

Cesar R M

Agreed, but they're mostly movies still. And unless they're dropping "Hollywood" from the park name, I'd still argue GMR is a solid centerpiece, not that Disney cares what I think. They just see GMR as a big empty building where they can toss a new ride they can market. It will solve literally zero capacity issues that SWL will only continue to compound.
They seem to want to replace everything that isnt a "popular ip" of the moment.

Cesar R M

Or the other option..

Nothing should be "expendable" without good reason. Which this isn't.

Build new.
somewhere.. in the distant realm... a wall street executive of burbank is crying because his wallet is screaming like a possessed demon..it demands more blood..more cost cuts.. more bonuses..

PizzaPlanet

I love Marvel and they can't shove enough Marvel into the parks for my taste.

Especially when it's versus Aerosmith. Really? People want to die on the nostalgia barricade for Aerosmith? I don't get it.

And of course, the overlay needs to be better than what it replaced. Otherwise, that's just like letting the original languish with outdated and broken FX, which happens. If an overlay is what brings in the money to update and repair... overlay away!
RnRC fits with the hollywood theming on Sunset. GOTG would not.

HauntedMansionFLA

I like RnR, not saying I'd love a Guardians overlay, but are we really that attached to Aerosmith? Or just against Marvel? They could do a lot with this coaster.
It seems like it would be a simple overlay with GotG. They change it over to Star Wars during their parties, just change the outside look. But what happens to ToT?

No Name

It does.. to their wallet.
I wonder if launch bay will be as "temporal" as the Hat when star wars proves to be so popular..

I think even with Star Wars's immense popularity, it doesn't make sense to operate meet and greets in a random building when they have a huge land to do them in. And they could always do certain meet and greets outside of Star Tours, like maybe Darth Vader, if they determine that he doesn't belong in Star Wars Land (it kills me to even type that... how can they think that way??)

Anyway, I wouldn't be suprised if Launch Bay closes the day Star Wars Land opens, and the building just sits unused for years after that. I would hope that doesn't happen, but it wouldn't be the first time Disney's done that.

Daveeeeed

It's been almost 20 years, but The Rock n' Rollercoaster constantly boasts some of the highest wait times on property. It's still to this day a very good attraction that is iconic, and is not in need of an overhaul.

There are way more attractions that need fixing first.

It could potentially work as a gateway to a future Marvel land, that it could, but it would not really add to the experience at all and would pretty much be a waste of money. The ride only needs minor updates to keep it fresh, but it should stay as a record studio.

Last edited:

HMF

Anyway, I wouldn't be suprised if Launch Bay closes the day Star Wars Land opens, and the building just sits unused for years after that. I would hope that doesn't happen, but it wouldn't be the first time Disney's done that.
Which will make building the Mickey Ride in the Chinese Theater look even more short-sighted and idiotic.

Kman101

It could still be Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. Of course it gets good wait times, it's a coaster - in a park with very little to ride. It's fine as it is and there are far other higher priorities but I wouldn't mind Aerosmith (and I love the music) going away for a more general rock theme with different eras of rock music or different bands/artists being used. I think Guardians is better suited elsewhere.

Dizney Crew

Splash at Disneyland has totally different logs and you get a lot more wet. Add in minor show quality differences and I definitely prefer the Florida version over the DL version.

Splash is a totally different ride @ DL then its WDW counterpart, we were shocked at how soaked you get on the West Coast version, I think ours is better themed both inside and out. Honestly I think there 2 totally different rides, seems like the fox critters have a bigger presences out west compared to the bunnies we get in FL.

PiratesoftheHM

It's still to this day a very good attraction that is iconic, and is not in need of an overhaul. There are way more attractions that need fixing first.

It could potentially work as a gateway to a future Marvel land, that it could, but it would not really add to the experience at all and would pretty much be a waste of money. The ride only needs minor updates to keep it fresh.

Sounds like DCA Tower of Terror to me!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom