News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Who would get excited over that? I am sick to death of the meet and greets...
If I actually had information that this is what was coming, people would get excited (good or bad) at having me drop it here. I'm just being careful so I'm not misunderstood.

I'm not enamored with regular meet n greets, but I think they hit the right spot with Belle and The Pirate Tutorial. Both are really just elaborate meet n greets. But the "show" element is sufficient in both cases to make them enjoyable (to me, at least). Give a few adults a chance for a tea party on the ceiling, a few kids a chance to ride carousel horses through the countryside (backdrop to the tale), let us all jump (walk) into a picture the way we walk through the mirror in Belle, and maybe we can even dance with some animatronic penguins.

Just trying to come up with something worthwhile and less grand than a ride. I guess you don't think that would be worthwhile -- can't please 'em all.

Last edited:

Bocabear

no...another meet and greet masquerading as an attraction would not please me at all... A ride would be well enjoyed by kids and adults, whereas a meet and greet's audience is a lot narrower...and EPCOT (and all the parks) need more capacity..more rides...just more.
YES! the mirror walk-through at Enchanted Tales is really great, then the rest of it was a kiddie puppet show... WDW has a multi-generational audience...they have more than tipped the scales on the kiddie/princess additions... Time for some substance...

CanadianGordon

To say that I love Mary Poppins is quite an understatement.
When I visited two years ago, we hit Epcot first day running.
My first character interaction was with Mary Poppins my first day at the park. I was so thrilled to see a face character for my first day too. Utterly loved the performer who did her that day. I told her how much I loved her film and the music, and she asked me what my favourite song was... To which I replied, Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, and she asked me why did she say the word...

I blanked. She chastised me and explained it was because of the horse race...

I utterly loved that moment and the performer for being in character like that. Just wonderful.

I really would love to see Mary Poppins get a proper ride. Peter Pan already has one. What about Robin Hood? So many great properties they ignore seemingly...

prfctlyximprct

7D72D32F-19BA-40F6-914F-E26B9FA31D66_zpsqj7i7fib.png

Could we get this? Or something like it haha

clemmo

Every option I've heard of is a ride. Not that I hear everything.

It's not an LPS though.
View attachment 200642
That's completely fine no need for an Lps right next to RAT. While the three LPS attractions (GMR, Alcatraz, and RAT) are very exciting since we currently have zero I don't think we need anymore opening around that time.
LPS? Marie
Local positioning system. So basically a trackless dark ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom