Rumor Bye Bye (Tiki) Birdies?

V_L_Raptor

Didn't Disney recently patent some concepts for 'retail' small scale animatronics...maybe they will close Tiki and allow you to build your own home edition?

I would totally buy a couple of animatronic tiki birds that could put on a little show.

I think Disney recently C&D'ed Garner Holt for trying to do just such a thing. (The website still has a dead link to the GH store, which had more tiki-bird-like designs than the B&G macaw featured on the image.)

21stamps

The treehouse is amazing. And is a perfect example of a attraction that is simple, immersive and cheap and it always gives me an excuse to watch the movie with my kids after a trip

Thank you!

I don't want to see any of these go, but personally, I would rather see the Birds go before the Treehouse.
Here's why-

1 is a show, watched while sitting.

The other- fantastical imagination, used while climbing and exploring.

I will never skip the treehouse, I've skipped the Tiki Room plenty of times.

PrincessJulia1207

The treehouse is amazing. And is a perfect example of a attraction that is simple, immersive and cheap and it always gives me an excuse to watch the movie with my kids after a trip
i think it would be worth keeping if there was some sort of interactive element (like the "digital scavenger hunt" similar to "Agent P" or the non-disney "Magiquest") otherwise it's basically a museum of rooms and items that don't hold much meaning to today's visitors o_O

and if you had to only choose one that could stay, which would it be: tiki birds or the treehouse?

SosoDude

I don't think this has been asked, forgive me if it has, but could the possible height balloon test in Adventureland have anything to do with this possible eviction of the tiki birds?

HMF

i think it would be worth keeping if there was some sort of interactive element (like the "digital scavenger hunt" similar to "Agent P" or the non-disney "Magiquest") otherwise it's basically a museum of rooms and items that don't hold much meaning to today's visitors o_O

and if you had to only choose one that could stay, which would it be: tiki birds or the treehouse?
I will admit when I first explored the treehouse in 1999, it did not leave much an impression. So much so that I did not do it on my second and third WDW Trips in 2001 and 2004 respectively. For my fourth visit in 2008, I tried it again and as an 18 year old actually appreciated the theming and detail I didn't appreciate as a young kid.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Would not mind Moana meet and greet, but NOT in place of Tiki.....isn't there still vacancy just over the bridge to the right where Sunshine Tree terrace place was? That would eliminate a bunch of traffic for meet and greeters right away....loads of space covered with beautiful setting. Have small gift shop selling pretty green heart of te fiti stones and jewelry....I did enjoy Moana movie but personally I don't do meet and greets and having only boys who likewise were not interested they hold no charm for me except for the helping make other guests happy and reduce my wait times.:D Barker Bird would be improvement over spitting camel.....just sayin'.;) We already have tikis that spray water right nearby:).

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No

BOTH....I actually watched the Swiss Family Robinson movie BECAUSE of going in the treehouse years ago....while it made it a bit more meaningful I like it because its wonderful vistas around the park admist the tropical plantings.....and what child doesn't appreciate a multi level tree house? Story or not, its fun...unless your knees rebel. I for one am thrilled it did not get the Tarzen overlay. :angelic:.

RobbinsDad

BOTH....I actually watched the Swiss Family Robinson movie BECAUSE of going in the treehouse years ago....while it made it a bit more meaningful I like it because its wonderful vistas around the park admist the tropical plantings.....and what child doesn't appreciate a multi level tree house? Story or not, its fun...unless your knees rebel. I for one am thrilled it did not get the Tarzen overlay. :angelic:.
My prognostication - the SFR movie will get a reboot version from Disney within the next decade, or the tree will be gone within the next decade.

elchippo

I hate this rumor, and I did not go through all 45 pages of this thread to see if this was brought up....but if it does go away, it'll probably just be a Meet n Greet :mad:

jt04

Progress would be using expansion pads to expand the park adding new attractions and not replacing

I think you will see that once the other 3 parks are better equipped to carry their wait. The opening of Pandora begins the process in earnest. IMO.

jt04

I hate this rumor, and I did not go through all 45 pages of this thread to see if this was brought up....but if it does go away, it'll probably just be a Meet n Greet :mad:

Temporarily in all likelihood. I would guess few would not see the Skippers Cantina as an upgrade to the AV. It is a process we will likely see repeated many times. IMO.

I suspect the OP knows this. Just likes stirring the pot and sitting back to watch the chaos. Same pattern every time.

21stamps

Oh I hope not!

We just did MagiQuest for the first time the past few days... loved it. Raved about it. I think it's a brilliant game.,
But the treehouse doesn't have the same kind of stage for it.

We spent several hours one evening at the Magic Kingdom just doing sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, absolutely loved that as well.

But attractions like the treehouse and Tom Sawyer's Island- they are good clean classic nonelectronic fun... we have to use our imagination completely.. they just said a stage, we take it from there.

Maybe I'm old, but I think kids today still enjoy some "old-fashioned" fun. They still build forts with blankets and sheets, they still play in the dirt, they still ride their bikes, and they still fly kites. They play freeze tag with their friends on recess, and they can turn any stick knife or anything else into a sword or a light saber at any moment.

For as far as we have come with technology there are some things that I think humans still enjoy, I don't think the pure use of imagination is dated, I think it's an all of us.

PrincessJulia1207

But attractions like the treehouse and Tom Sawyer's Island- they are good clean classic nonelectronic fun... we have to use our imagination completely.. they just said a stage, we take it from there.

Maybe I'm old, but I think kids today still enjoy some "old-fashioned" fun. They still build forts with blankets and sheets, they still play in the dirt, they still ride their bikes, and they still fly kites. They play freeze tag with their friends on recess, and they can turn any stick knife or anything else into a sword or a light saber at any moment.

For as far as we have come with technology there are some things that I think humans still enjoy, I don't think the pure use of imagination is dated, I think it's an all of us.
Fair point, but that doesn't mean that everyone will see it that way. many visitors might find it boring :bored:

Tiki Queen of Outer Space

If they touch the Tiki room again we shall riot! Grab your Tiki Torches and prepare for war! We need to take back our parks!
tumblr_mzpptm1yZC1qio7rzo6_r1_250.gif

21stamps

Fair point, but that doesn't mean that everyone will see it that way. many visitors might find it boring :bored:
Totally. The same can be said for the Tiki Room. Two classics...people will prefer one morebthan the other. Hopefully we lose neither. I definitely think there's a place in the MK for attractions such as the tree house and TSI. I'm hoping that the general public doesn't feel like they need electronics or special effects to have a good time.
Down time is important.

FigmentJedi

Something that occurred to me: What if it is a Moana "meet and greet", but more of an "Enchanted Tales with Belle" deal where it's a show with a live CM supplemented by the Tiki Room's animatronic ensemble? Like "The Enchanted Tiki Room Presents the Adventures of Moana" or some crap like that?

Bocabear

Totally. The same can be said for the Tiki Room. Two classics...people will prefer one morebthan the other. Hopefully we lose neither. I definitely think there's a place in the MK for attractions such as the tree house and TSI. I'm hoping that the general public doesn't feel like they need electronics or special effects to have a good time.
Down time is important.
but people aren't paying $100 for down time... they are paying for non-stop entertainment...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom