Club 32 Lounge

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
It was hilarious:hilarious:

Also I don't know your thoughts on the Guardians Tower of Terror...but apparently someone found what looks like the tower in the Thor trailer
ZZ363FD1C5.jpg

D Hulk

It was hilarious:hilarious:

Also I don't know your thoughts on the Guardians Tower of Terror...but apparently someone found what looks like the tower in the Thor trailer
ZZ363FD1C5.jpg
Whoa! That's a neat Easter egg, though it still doesn't (yet) justify Mission Breakout in any way whatsoever.

I'm a SoCal AP, and I've been watching that ludicrous Faberge warehouse engulf the old TOT, and it ruins sight lines throughout DCA. Too bad, that park just went a few good years without being a gaudy, disjointed monstrosity. A shame, too. The Tower deserves better, and so does Guardians.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Whoa! That's a neat Easter egg, though it still doesn't (yet) justify Mission Breakout in any way whatsoever.

I'm a SoCal AP, and I've been watching that ludicrous Faberge warehouse engulf the old TOT, and it ruins sight lines throughout DCA. Too bad, that park just went a few good years without being a gaudy, disjointed monstrosity. A shame, too. The Tower deserves better, and so does Guardians.
I agree -- I've been to DL twice...while I do think the DHS Tower is better than the one in DCA...that deserves much better than what it's getting. Plus I've been confused with Marvel's placement in a California based park...unless you are just going to use West Coast Avengers (Ant-Man, Iron Man) I'm guessing the justification is "Hollywood movies" --- but Marvel films in Atlanta?:p

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I know there was a proposed layout somewhere in the last 10 pages or so but now for the life of me I can't seem to find it.
Just pondering the entry/reveal/flow discussion that was going on. It's probably obvious where it is, bUT my eyes must be glazed over from all the thoughts and great ideas.
mainstdraft1-png.200382

Basically you'd enter into a Sydney Harbor town setting in the early 1900s...the buildings themselves would cover the view of the castle...then you'd enter an enchanted, tall Australian forest where the view of the castle to the guest is still hidden (similar to what the Oasis does to the tree of life in DAK) then the castle reveal along a Fantasia Garden Lagoon.

From the "hub -- you can then enter into the various lands off of as seen above

Any thoughts on that?

Disney Dad 3000

mainstdraft1-png.200382

Basically you'd enter into a Sydney Harbor town setting in the early 1900s...the buildings themselves would cover the view of the castle...then you'd enter an enchanted, tall Australian forest where the view of the castle to the guest is still hidden (similar to what the Oasis does to the tree of life in DAK) then the castle reveal along a Fantasia Garden Lagoon.

From the "hub -- you can then enter into the various lands off of as seen above

Any thoughts on that?

Then fantasyland/villains adventureland, frontier land all back behind the castle.

Basically it would eliminate the colonial inspirations and possibly repetitive tones of typical Magic Kingdom parks -- with a straight hub and spoke...with now a more modified hub and spoke mixed with a bit of inspiration from Tokyo DisneySEA (but enough of a difference so it isn't a direct copy)

Yeah, the main street is a good way to sell merch, parade route, etc. but I like the idea of going away from that. I think I saw the DS post in there somewhere. Cool idea with the castle reveal. Much different vibe then staring at it as you walk down MSU.

I was just pondering how the layout was shaping up and the discussion about straying from a colonial/main street entrance and how to best enter the park and lands. I know it's probably not logistically feasible, but something that would be a good immersion into some of the lands would be different types of transportation emanating from the main park entry to particular lands. Maybe the train loops the park but only goes to CC/AL/Frontierland (and his hidden visually/noise from TL, etc), or there's a people mover that loops between entry/progress city/TL. Water transportation to pacific wharf/cc. I like the idea of stepping off transportation that's geared to wherever you are going, just adds to the vibe. I seem to recall (and it may have actually been you space) a Star Wars transport into SWL from a proposed resort or something last year. Still having the option of walking in obviously.

I know it may not work with the castle/ride combo but finding a way for it to be more centrally located in the lagoon? I know you won't get a 360 viewing option of nighttime fireworks, etc. but the wider the better. My biggest complaint with the MK shows is how much worse the viewing can be if you are off to the side, etc. So you don't feel like you have to be in front of the castle to see what everyone else is seeing.

Just spit-balling here. I know for me bad ideas can always spark good ones or conversation.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
@Disney Dad 3000 I'll respond in one sec but just wanted to get this out there since the topic of Villains Land came up
3884104029176224539%253Faccount_id%253D9

While different than before -- this is something I just thought up for a possible layout/attraction lineup. With the new entrance, the placement has changed to behind the main castle instead of to the right of it as originally designed. This is just to prevent overcrowding and based on Tom's feedback to us...we need to have "weenies" -- having Bald Mountain so close to the front would eliminate it as a weenie. However if we placed it in the back of the park, it will loom in the guests' far view, and guide them towards it.

1 - Bald Mountain Hydrocoaster -- this has been confirmed @gonzoWDW even did a queue for it -- we just need the attraction write-up.

And here's where things start to change a bit

2 - "Be Prepared" -- an elephant graveyard hyena D-ticket
3 - Villains Academy
4 - Villains Show -- this has been discussed the last few days as some sort of nighttime show for the park
5 - The Hinterlands (Red's concept)
2017-04-12.png

This will also be the entrance and first thing guests see when entering the land -- looming behind it will be Bald Mountain and the Elephant Graveyard.

6 - Ursula Submarine Ride.

Tom had suggested we aim big with a ton of ideas then cut as necessary as we get closer to the finished product...so if it seems like there is a lot here...that's the reason.

In addition we also have Figment's Big Hero 6 ride transitioning into Tomorrowland, as well as a variety of shops/restaurants throughout the land.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Then fantasyland/villains adventureland, frontier land all back behind the castle.

Yeah, the main street is a good way to sell merch, parade route, etc. but I like the idea of going away from that. I think I saw the DS post in there somewhere. Cool idea with the castle reveal. Much different vibe then staring at it as you walk down MSU.

I was just pondering how the layout was shaping up and the discussion about straying from a colonial/main street entrance and how to best enter the park and lands. I know it's probably not logistically feasible, but something that would be a good immersion into some of the lands would be different types of transportation emanating from the main park entry to particular lands. Maybe the train loops the park but only goes to CC/AL/Frontierland (and his hidden visually/noise from TL, etc), or there's a people mover that loops between entry/progress city/TL. Water transportation to pacific wharf/cc. I like the idea of stepping off transportation that's geared to wherever you are going, just adds to the vibe. I seem to recall (and it may have actually been you space) a Star Wars transport into SWL from a proposed resort or something last year. Still having the option of walking in obviously.

I know it may not work with the castle/ride combo but finding a way for it to be more centrally located in the lagoon? I know you won't get a 360 viewing option of nighttime fireworks, etc. but the wider the better. My biggest complaint with the MK shows is how much worse the viewing can be if you are off to the side, etc. So you don't feel like you have to be in front of the castle to see what everyone else is seeing.

Just spit-balling here. I know for me bad ideas can always spark good ones or conversation.
I think if I recall correctly from last night @D Hindley or @englanddg can correct me -- but we were talking about boats dispersing from the harbor center going to the different lands. Like you I'm a big fan of transportation within the parks just to add to the immersion (it's why the peoplemover is one of my favorite attractions haha)

I think water transport from the hub to Pacific Wharf and then all the way through Frontierland, Critter, and Adventureland...could actually be feasible...since in the plans we currently have all 4 of those lands connected by water! We could easily also connect them to the hub...so that a mode of transportation can run throughout.

In addition I remember discussion about a San Fransokyo Skyway themed to Baymax. While it might ruin the 1905 San Fran feel....since Chernabog is Fantasia...could a flying Cernabog skyway take off from Fantasia Gardens and travel back to Villains Land? (Which would provide transport to Fantasyland as well since it's so close.

And then Tomorrowland/Progress land has a train station -- so that would be its mode of transportation.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
@Disney Dad 3000 I'll respond in one sec but just wanted to get this out there since the topic of Villains Land came up

While different than before -- this is something I just thought up for a possible layout/attraction lineup. With the new entrance, the placement has changed to behind the main castle instead of to the right of it as originally designed. This is just to prevent overcrowding and based on Tom's feedback to us...we need to have "weenies" -- having Bald Mountain so close to the front would eliminate it as a weenie. However if we placed it in the back of the park, it will loom in the guests' far view, and guide them towards it.

1 - Bald Mountain Hydrocoaster -- this has been confirmed @gonzoWDW even did a queue for it -- we just need the attraction write-up.

3 - Villains Academy
4 - Villains Show -- this has been discussed the last few days as some sort of nighttime show for the park
2017-04-12.png

This will also be the entrance and first thing guests see when entering the land -- looming behind it will be Bald Mountain and the Elephant Graveyard.

Tom had suggested we aim big with a ton of ideas then cut as necessary as we get closer to the finished product...so if it seems like there is a lot here...that's the reason.

In addition we also have Figment's Big Hero 6 ride transitioning into Tomorrowland, as well as a variety of shops/restaurants throughout the land.
I realized I confused Maleficent Castle with Bald Mountain lol I was like...something doesn't look right with #1:hilarious:
latest

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster

Poe Dameron

3 - Villains Academy
2017-04-12.png

Love the Hinterlands concept. I also think this is a great map. One I'm not sure on is the nighttime show, considering we already have a castle show. Unless this is daytime entertainment or a continuous show like Indiana Jones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom