Rumor of Springs Light Show and 4th Parking Garage

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I'm 5'8 so I was ready to have Uniqlo take all of my money. I could have bought a ton of stuff but I held back LOL. I thought their prices were really reasonable but I'm not a big shopper, but that store impressed me.
That is a great store. They have Disney t-shirts at non-Disney prices. Everybody should shop there rather than World of Disney for Disney clothing. And if you live where it ever gets cold, their HeatTech stuff is magical.

rushtest4echo

Ugh, not this again. We've spent years debating whether or not stores will be/are successful at Disney Springs. Some don't play the market right, and some just are a bad fit or are in a poor location. Lots of stores are a departure from a typical layout/setup that chains are used to dealing with so there are some growing pains. Stores will come and go, but there isn't going to be boarded up storefronts at Disney Springs in the foreseeable future. For most of the Disney Springs locations, they're the most trafficked and profitable properties in their chain.

As others have said: SHOUT OUT TO UNIQLO for the Disney shirts. Awesome stuff, awesome pricing.

I'm picking up a large Disney shirt order at Uniqlo this weekend in fact.

mm121

I know it's a surface lot and a garage makes sense, but do they really need a FOURTH garage right now? I guess it's probably harmless and doesn't hurt to throw one up ...

it would still be a few years off after the 3rd garage is completed, so by that time a 4th one would probably be needed

and it could enable expanding the west side into part of that area, would be great to put aspects of the hyperian warf there and make a "new pleasure island" geared to adult entertainment

mm121

The article specifically mentions lights in the springs being used for a light show. I think this is plausible.

A couple weeks ago, before the closing of the current Cirque show was announced the Dis-Unplugged podcast mentioned that the show would be closing a temporary show would run in a tent, although they did not know where the tent would be. Seems like there might be some credibility to this rumor.

A new garage in the L-M-N lot might make sense if there are plans to expand the west side into the O-P-Q lot.

View attachment 197610

LNM makes more sense for a garge than opq as it could be connected to the direct i-4 ramp

mm121

Would they totally demolish the Cirque du Soleil theater and somewhat relocate it? Because it would be kind of strange for them to expand Disney Springs into the O-P-Q lots with the current way West Side dead ends into Cirque.
that would be super expensive and not needed

It doesn't really dead end. The main path continues past Cirque...

View attachment 197718
what are those trailers behind cirque? tons of expansion potential,

would love to see the hyperion warf project come to the opq lots, a better fit for it than the old pleasure island.

would be nice to see some more entertainment type options, clubs, shows, etc instead of just expensive restaurants like they built at the landing

and couldnt hurt to hit some other price points as far as attracting customers, though dont know where the heck people get there money from since the rest of this crazy project seems to be doing well despite many of the new offerings being pricy pricing out the middle class

Okay, fair enough. I suppose I just have not ever been down much. I still kind of wonder if they would have trouble getting guests to go down that far. I think they would need some kind of major draw.

by this logic, whats the "major draw" to get people to go to the east of the marketplace down over by rainforest? that area seems to be doing just fine, even without the addition of new stores that were suppose to replace the bus stop

anyone know what there doing with the old marketplace bus stop? is it being used for anything after this winters christmas tree event?

Jon81uk

and couldnt hurt to hit some other price points as far as attracting customers, though dont know where the heck people get there money from since the rest of this crazy project seems to be doing well despite many of the new offerings being pricy pricing out the middle class

As long as you aren't looking for McDonalds prices there actually is quite a range. At the bottom is Blaze Pizza, Earl of Sandwich,Cookes of Dublin, Wolfgang Express, D-Luxe burgers.
Then lower cost table service such as Polite Pig, Art Smith Homecoming, Fronterra Cocina and existing places such as Wolfgang Puck Cafe, Bongos, Raglan Road, Paradiso 37, House of Blues, Planet Hollywood.
Yes several of the newer offerings are high end (Morimoto, STK, Pasdlefish) but there is still a large number of moderate offerings including old and new names. The major quick service additions have all been kiosks though with BB Wolfs, Poutine and the Food Trucks.

*Q*

by this logic, whats the "major draw" to get people to go to the east of the marketplace down over by rainforest? that area seems to be doing just fine, even without the addition of new stores that were suppose to replace the bus stop
Could just be that the Marketplace has been around for forty years and people are just generally familiar with it. But hasn't there been some talk that the Martketplace stores have seen a drop in traffic since the Town Center opened? So maybe those locations aren't doing as hot as they used to and could maybe use some kind of anchor back there.

Donald Razorduck

OMG can you imagine seeing the beautiful Grand Chapiteau standing high above Disney Springs?!?! :inlove: I do wonder what Cirque is cooking up here. The possibilities are endless for a show under the big top. Will it be a current show? A re-staging of a retired show? Exciting times to be a Cirque fan!

You should see the plans for their theme park under construction in Mexico

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom