News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

doctornick

Sword in the stone is likely nowhere near their radar. I'd prefer Poppins. I love Sword but how is that any better?

Really? Sword in the Stone is based on one of the most seminal works of English culture. The Arthurian myths are big part of English history. An attraction based on King Arthur (or something else cultural like Robin Hood, Beowulf, Shakespearean works, etc.) is exactly the type of thing that should be in WS.

matt9112

After the Frozen snafu, I really want to keep Fantasyland rides where they belong- in Fantasyland.

Frozen snafu is completely due to the fact they reused the old ride system. That IP deserved so much more...not a cheap low capacity shoehorn.

Fantasyland is bursting at the seams I dislike even walking there...strollers by the thousands....lines everywhere a terrible place no doubt. Children's rides NEED to be build at the other three parks badly we can argue the synergy of WS until we are blue in the face but the three secondary parks HAVE TO start snagging attendance from MK. one way to do that? Children's rides everywhere.

Princess Leia

Frozen snafu is completely due to the fact they reused the old ride system. That IP deserved so much more...not a cheap low capacity shoehorn.

Fantasyland is bursting at the seams I dislike even walking there...strollers by the thousands....lines everywhere a terrible place no doubt. Children's rides NEED to be build at the other three parks badly we can argue the synergy of WS until we are blue in the face but the three secondary parks HAVE TO start snagging attendance from MK. one way to do that? Children's rides everywhere.
Oh I agree about kids rides needing to be built at the three non-MK parks, but I'm not sure that putting Alice in Wonderland or Peter Pan into the UK pavilion is the right move.

No Name

tdl_teacups.jpg

Saw this today on Instagram from SDL...
Maybe Mary gets a spinner type ride?

Except that's from Tokyo, not SDL.

Regardless, I don't think it means a thing. I can't see them adding another teacups-style ride.

jmuboy

I love Mary Poppins but would prefer a Navi River Journey style ride with a Loch Ness theme. Navi river style in size and scope could be the perfect size, length and scope for the physical location and the subject matter. It's a fun and well known lore. And fits the theme.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
It's been said in another thread that this new attraction might be a C or B and open late 2021, @marni1971 are the options anything similar to other attractions like Rat, Frozen a 3 Caballeros? Or should we think smaller scale like Canada and IDF?

Bocabear

Back to my Mary Poppins' Worcestershire Derby idea... horses instead of teacups...
Spinning horses?... maybe a Cedar Downs style racing Carousel, but no spinning horses... actually no flat spinner ride of any sort would be even better! I want a dark ride, or a boat ride or something transportive...not just another stupid cheap spinner.

punkabella

And I don't think I've seen a reference to Bedknobs and Broomsticks... that for sure would work, right? I like the idea of Robin Hood, but I'd love something to showcase Scotland a bit more. Whatever it is, I just hope it's not a dedicated M&G location/building/'attraction'.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom