Happily Ever After To Go Dark In August

Disney2017

Original Poster
The show "Happily Ever After" has not even debuted and it will go dark for 2 and a half weeks after august 19th. As of right now August 19 is the last showing and then it will come back on Sept 2nd. Would anyone know what this is for?

rocketraccoon

On the WDW Help center page they said there are no showing for Happily ever after in August after August 19
On the calendars or in an actual post? The calendars can have issues from time to time.

Either way, I can't imagine a two weeks absence, if it happens, to be anything more than some maintenance/fine tuning. They have months prior to roll out changes or fixes.

Disney2017

Original Poster
Weird, One person on the Wdw help hotline said that HEA will go dark after august 19 but now a different person is saying a schedule has not been added to that timeline yet... This is so confusing!!! Where's walt at? I need the real info.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Could it not show because they are installing the castle Christmas lights? The 19th would seem about right for the crane to be on site and installation to begin.

Biff215

I'm hoping it's just a calendar issue since I'll be there the last 10 days of August. The first MNSSHP are August 25 and 29 so that could explain why the calendar currently stops the week before. Although Disney doesn't seem to recognize that summer lasts beyond the second week of August in many parts of the country, so it wouldn't be shocking either.

Don't trust the help CM's either, they swore to me that MNSSHP dates were never announced until May of each year until I showed them WDWMagic's page here. :facepalm:

jrhwdw

Could it not show because they are installing the castle Christmas lights? The 19th would seem about right for the crane to be on site and installation to begin.
Sorry but if that;s true, that's poor planning! them not being able to do HEA with the Dream Lights on the castle!
Can't be because of the crane, That's never up at night, much less during MM&Y/CTM/OUAT & Wishes

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Sorry but if that;s true, that's poor planning! them not being able to do HEA with the Dream Lights on the castle!
Can't be because of the crane, That's never up at night, much less during MM&Y/CTM/OUAT & Wishes

Agreed,that if that is the case it is terrible planning. But if they are doing any work on the castle during instilation then it may mess with the show but i honestly have no idea.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
[/SARC]
Just imagine the size of the BONUS for successfully killing off Fireworks at the MK. During the maintenance something heavy falls on the projection system 'forcing indefinite closure'....
[/SARCOFF]

Hopefully this is just an all too common schedule glitch but knowing TPTB ...

Gezz

I'm hoping they just haven't scheduled it for these dates yet.
They have just pushed back the hours from 9pm close to 10pm close for dates up to August 19th,with no change yet after that. So I'm guessing they haven't yet decided when to close on these days, which would effect when HEA would be shown.

Also, if you go by the calendar, the FoF parade also stops between 19th August and 1st Sep, but I can't imagine they are not running that!

drizgirl

A year ago this thread probably would have been full of one poster after another reassuring everyone this is just a calendar issue and it will fill in.

But pulling the night parade with no replacement made a lot of people question just what might or might not ever happen.

Bolt

A year ago this thread probably would have been full of one poster after another reassuring everyone this is just a calendar issue and it will fill in.

But pulling the night parade with no replacement made a lot of people question just what might or might not ever happen.
Well it would be weird to be dark during MNSSHP times, as they are utilizing the same systems. My guess is they're adjusting park hours since the parties are starting then and havent determined entertainment elements.

ToTBellHop

Well it would be weird to be dark during MNSSHP times, as they are utilizing the same systems. My guess is they're adjusting park hours since the parties are starting then and havent determined entertainment elements.
Let's hope. I can't remember the last time there was two weeks without MK firework.

Disney2017

Original Poster
I'm hoping they just haven't scheduled it for these dates yet.
They have just pushed back the hours from 9pm close to 10pm close for dates up to August 19th,with no change yet after that. So I'm guessing they haven't yet decided when to close on these days, which would effect when HEA would be shown.

Also, if you go by the calendar, the FoF parade also stops between 19th August and 1st Sep, but I can't imagine they are not running that!
I hope this is just because they haven't added the times for that timeline yet. I can't imagine WDW without FOF and a Firework show for 2 weeks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom