News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Bocabear

Steeplechase is a fun idea but would also take up a very large footprint...Not sure they would relegate the amount of property needed to do this...

rushtest4echo

Wasn't there a similar attraction at Knott's?
16689827230_9b21ef0c07_b.jpg

Grew up riding those things! Got even better when they switched to Soap Box Racers (the motorbikes were uncomfortable). The curse of the Soap Box Racers and the curse of Whirlpool still haunts that land and every garbage attraction that's taken their place. (Windjammer, Headache, Headspin, Xcelerator, Perilous Plunge, Coast Rider, the Scrambler, and the gliders). A pox on everything that's ever been there since!!!

Last edited:

clemmo

So with a target of 2021 I feel like this can't be something like a spinner. I get Disney isn't exactly great on construction timelines but assuming they start construction in 18' or 19' 2-3 years for a flat ride would be unheard of even for them. I mean at least TSL has a coaster with it doesn't excuse the fact it should've been open this year. So I'm still up in the air as to what this coupld be. A steeple chase dark ride would be really cool but I don't think that's what they're going for. Maybe an indoor theater?

Jones14

So with a target of 2021 I feel like this can't be something like a spinner. I get Disney isn't exactly great on construction timelines but assuming they start construction in 18' or 19' 2-3 years for a flat ride would be unheard of even for them. I mean at least TSL has a coaster with it doesn't excuse the fact it should've been open this year. So I'm still up in the air as to what this coupld be. A steeple chase dark ride would be really cool but I don't think that's what they're going for. Maybe an indoor theater?
I believe @marni1971 said no to more theaters in WS at the moment. I'm thinking maybe it's a smaller scale dark ride at this point; a port of DL's Alice would still be considered a C ticket.

nickys

Premium Member
Since @marni1971 has said it's not a carousel, plus all the other pointers, could it be more like a Dumbo spinner? It would take up the same amount of space, no theatre involved, no large dark ride space required ..... I'd be disappointed, I really hoped for some kind of gentle dark ride

Theme? Alice, Mary Poppins, 101 Dalmatians, Robin Hood? What about Bednobs and Broomsticks (is that even Disney lol)?

Personally I'd rather have something more like Merida, or Nessie! (Mind you, that could be awkward if "Indyref2" takes Scotland out of the UK).

Fox&Hound

Would love an Alice ride like Disneyland but would kind of hope that would go on the fantasyland side of a demolished Speedway one day. Imagine it nestled next to the Mad Hatter Hat shop and tea cups in MK. It would give you a small Alice presence...

doctornick

I really hope it would not be a Mary Poppins attraction. It just seems like a terrible fit for WS, not really representing that country at all. I'm not opposed to a Mary Poppins attraction in general (hello, DHS) just not in Epcot.

If they really want to use an IP, Sword in the Stone is IMHO the ideal choice. Or they could, y'know, not use an IP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom