Splash Mountain fall refurbishment 2017

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Looks like August (for the time being) is the Goldilocks period between when Mission:Space reopens but before Splash Mountain closes... odd to have major ride closures (for refurbishments) during this time frame, but thankful that our trip is the first week of August and should avoid both closures (unless the Mission Space refurb runs long)...

dizneycrazy09

I'd assume we could be seeing the same level of refurb as we've seen with the 2013 & 2014 refurbs.

Yes, this refurb is definitely for the typical annual work. It's the change in usual dates that has me thinking that the larger scale refurb of another attraction has actually been approved (which is a bit surprising to me.)

aladdin2007

so is this really just refurb work or are they going rip the heart and soul out of there too? I don't trust them anymore with the whole tiki room chopping block discussion going on.

Raineman

Although I'm not one of those people who whine and complain when one of their favorite attractions is on a refurb during their vacation, it would be nice if they finished up a bit early before our trip at the end of October. Having said that, a bigger concern is the fact that a major MK attraction will be down, which may drive up wait times for the other popular attractions during that time. Is Splash a people eater? How does the hourly throughput for that attraction compare to the Omnimover attractions? If Splash isn't necessarily a people-eater, maybe the impact on the rest of the park won't be that bad.

yaksplat

whew.... the refurb clips the end of my trip; 8/22-8/29. My youngest will be tall enough this year to ride and has been dying to go on it for the last two trips.

jeremyg

lol, I've yet to go on this ride because it's always refurb, or down for the day or something. I've only been to Disney 6 or 8 times in my life. Just bad luck.

Cousin Huet

Disneyland conditioned me to stop worrying about this type of thing. The last three times we went out West (my daughters only trips there) Small World was down for one reason or another. We went in March, May and October over the course of 4 years and each time it was down......the first or second time it was suppose to come back in service our last day but they had issues and it was delayed at least another day. Yea, it sucks and she loves that ride and wanted to see the difference but it just gives something to look forward to for the next round. That is always how we looked at it anyways.

My parents are going with us this next October (their 40th anniversary and our 10th anniversary....they went on Honeymoon there in 1977 and stayed at Contemporary for like $69.99 a night and my father said he was unsure how he would afford it back then....we went on our honeymoon there as well and restarted our love of the place). My parents haven't been since 1990 or 1991 and my mom is a huge fan of the "log rides" so she will for sure be missing that experience but there is tons of other cool stuff for us to show them and do together. I think they will enjoy the Yacht Club enough and the rest will be a nice addition.

dig311dug

hay ya'll, I called up my imagineer bff, joe roady, and asked if he could do me a solid and keep it open for the latter part of October. I'll let you know what he says.

ToTBellHop

Although I'm not one of those people who whine and complain when one of their favorite attractions is on a refurb during their vacation, it would be nice if they finished up a bit early before our trip at the end of October. Having said that, a bigger concern is the fact that a major MK attraction will be down, which may drive up wait times for the other popular attractions during that time. Is Splash a people eater? How does the hourly throughput for that attraction compare to the Omnimover attractions? If Splash isn't necessarily a people-eater, maybe the impact on the rest of the park won't be that bad.
Big Thunder was closed last year and life continued.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom