Splash Mountain fall refurbishment 2017

MaryJaneP

That's the problem. People demand that the ride be open. So Disney is between a rock and a hard place. They do what they need to and open the ride back up. But as someone else said, they recently did a refurb on it that took it out of use for quite a good bit of time.

This is just one of the issues with having a theme park that is open all year round. There's no "good" time to refurb most rides.

No good time, agreed. That however, does not mean that WDW should forego regularly scheduled refurbs and wait until stuff breaks. If a predictable schedule ( Ride X will be closed EVERY YEAR during the month of Y) then people could factor this information into their schedules and there probably would be less belly-aching that guests were "surprised" to find Ride X closed and that if they had only known this, maybe they would have adjusted their schedule accordingly. The alternative seems to be a wanton disregard for guests as WDW will still get its money and the guests be damned. If that is the reasoning for the lack of a regular schedule, it speaks volumes to the profit over show/safety issue.

ToTBellHop

No good time, agreed. That however, does not mean that WDW should forego regularly scheduled refurbs and wait until stuff breaks. If a predictable schedule ( Ride X will be closed EVERY YEAR during the month of Y) then people could factor this information into their schedules and there probably would be less belly-aching that guests were "surprised" to find Ride X closed and that if they had only known this, maybe they would have adjusted their schedule accordingly. The alternative seems to be a wanton disregard for guests as WDW will still get its money and the guests be damned. If that is the reasoning for the lack of a regular schedule, it speaks volumes to the profit over show/safety issue.
That was the attitude but no longer. Thus the decision to close Splash when it is still hot rather than risk it falling into disrepair. Someone seems to remember that Disney used to pride itself on fixing things before they break, which also prevents very costly refurbishments down the line.

JChoma

I have my fingers crossed the work will really be done 11/17. We're going the week after Thanksgiving and I'll have some heartbroken kids on my hands if it's not.

Yenfid

Is it true that Splash Mountain will be closed for refurbishment August28-November16, 2017? Heard a rumor and trying to find out if it's true since I'm going in October

daisyduckie

Ugh. I'm hoping this doesn't happen, or I may seriously think of moving my trip. Splash is one of the rides my dad really loves, and at 78 the rollercoasters are really not for him anymore. :depressed:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Same logic applies to getting 100K in student loans to be an art historian.

There are quite a few areas of studies that lack a sufficient ROI to pay back the student loans that some take out to obtain them. They spend the money on things other than tuition as well , more lifestyle than an investment.

Elsanna

Ok. There were two people on the other forum saying the same thing and one of them had put that e-mail on there site so I thought it was true, I deleted my post as I don't want to give out false informaton.

Last edited:

csmat99

I have my fingers crossed the work will really be done 11/17. We're going the week after Thanksgiving and I'll have some heartbroken kids on my hands if it's not.
You know they won't let the refurb go through and impact the start of the holiday season. Only way that would ever happen is if they discovered a major problem with ride structure that would become a safety issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom