Belated Honeymoon Trip Planning

Sherice Kral

Hello everyone!

I'm very excited to announce that my husband and I are finally going on our honeymoon for our 2 year anniversary. We leave in 2 weeks for Disney World, FL.
We are both U.S. Army and are staying onsite at the military hotel, Shades of Green, so I'm not looking for hotel suggestions.

I have just a couple questions!

One; I feel like I'm missing some great ideas to plan for our honeymoon, specific suggestions would be appreciated!

Second; We got reservations at Be Our Guest the night before our 2 year anniversary, and then at the Grand Floridian Cafe on our Anniversary night (it would be great if they were switched but I'm still very happy). What is considered Too Dressed up there?
I will definitely be dressing up - and I realize most people won't, however, I don't know what "too much" would be there.

Has anyone else seen someone really dress up at either of these restaurants?

Attachments

• il_570xN.1009168706_d241.jpg
    il_570xN.1009168706_d241.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 56
  • il_570xN.1055694493_3om6.jpg
    il_570xN.1055694493_3om6.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 57

Cosmic Commando

You can't be too dressed up. It's not a giant hoop dress or anything. It's just a really nice dress. Have fun!

Edit: Anything short of a place with a rigid dress code will probably have shorts and t-shirt people at it. You'll just be the class of the joint.

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

My response sounds like the JG Wentworth commercial...It is your anniversary, enjoy it the way you want it. If you are comfortable wearing that dress, by all means wear it. It is a very nice dress. As you said, you are both US Army. Outside of the balls, when do you really get to dress up the way you want. Don't be surprised if some little girls think you are Disney Princess in it though.

Have a blast and enjoy your Honeymoon/Anniversary.

Upvote 0

belledream

Congrats and yay for a Disneymoon! As for ideas to make it special, get Minnie/Minnie Bride & Groom ears and wear them around the parks for sure. It's the only time you'll be able to, so definitely enjoy it! Do something that you guys have always wanted to do but didn't want to spend/couldn't find the time. Then you'll always look back on that trip and know how special it was. Mostly, just enjoy spending every moment together, whether you're watching fireworks, just sitting on a park bench, or sharing ice cream. Don't let it go by so fast.

And by the way, that dress is gorgeous and you should definitely wear it if it makes you happy! Don't worry what others look like. It's your dinner and your life. Plus, you're at Grand Floridian...the perfect backdrop for a fancy photoshoot. ;)

Upvote 0

Minnie Mum

Feel free to wear whatever you want (within Disney restrictions). Just be aware that everyone at BOG and 99% of guests at GFC will be in regular park attire. So yes, you will definitely stand out. If you are looking for something a bit more romantic or quiet, you might take a look at Citricos. The food and service are excellent. We held our DDs wedding dinner there.

After your GFC dinner, you might want to have a drink and listen to the music up in Mizners.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

One thing to keep in mind, your dress looks very bridal. That is more of a problem than dressing up IMO. You will be denied entry to MK if they think you are in a wedding dress. Grand Floridian Café won't be an issue though.

Otherwise wear what you want but I would advise not to wear that dress to BOG.

That said I am almost always found in dresses in the parks. They are more casual though but to me a cute sundress is perfect for park wear. So wearing a dress in itself won't make you stand out.

Upvote 0

Minnie Mum

One thing to keep in mind, your dress looks very bridal. That is more of a problem than dressing up IMO. You will be denied entry to MK if they think you are in a wedding dress.

Otherwise wear what you want but I would advise not to wear that dress to BOG.

It's a formal dress, for sure. But I don't think it would be mistaken for a wedding dress ( without a veil or bouquet) just because it's white. But I wouldn't wear it to BOG either. The chances of the skirt still being white by the time you got to the restaurant are somewhere south of slim and none.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

It's a formal dress, for sure. But I don't think it would be mistaken for a wedding dress ( without a veil or bouquet) just because it's white. But I wouldn't wear it to BOG either. The chances of the skirt still being white by the time you got to the restaurant are somewhere south of slim and none.
Disney is just very picky about this which is why I said it. To me it looks more like a bridal than a formal dress, but then again a lot of white formals scream bridal to me. Just wanted to point it out because better to know than to be turned away.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Try to find some pictures from some recent Dapper Days events to see how dressed up people can get for the parks. Basically if Disney doesn't a) think you are trying to be mistaken for a character or b) think you are trying to sneak in a wedding ceremony/picture session, you can be pretty fancy. Have fun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom