The plaza as a walk up, yay or nay?

melmel89

Original Poster
Hi All, I've just finished making my dining reservations for my trip in September i was able to get everything i wanted except lunch at the plaza restaurant, does anyone know how often they have slots available for walk ups? i know with some places its basically out of the question like BOG!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
They are walkups only except from 12-1pm they allow reservations. That's why you probably can't get a reservation. You will have no problem walking up since they are considered a walkup only restauraunt now minus that hour for lunch. You will likely have a wait if it's peak lunch time or dinner time though. ;)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
They are walkups only except from 12-1pm they allow reservations. That's why you probably can't get a reservation. You will have no problem walking up since they are considered a walkup only restauraunt now minus that hour for lunch. You will likely have a wait if it's peak lunch time or dinner time though. ;)
Reservations are only from 11-noon. :)

T-BoneMickeyFan

Hi All, I've just finished making my dining reservations for my trip in September i was able to get everything i wanted except lunch at the plaza restaurant, does anyone know how often they have slots available for walk ups? i know with some places its basically out of the question like BOG!
Absolutely. It's some of the best food in MK

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I have, and have had on multiple trips in the past, reservations after 12 PM. I have reservations there next Friday at 1:10 PM.
According to this site, the Plaza switched from all day reservation availability to reservations only between 11 am and 12 pm in June 2016. Guests holding confirmed reservations prior to the switch were accommodated (as my family was in September and October last fall.)

Recently I have only been able to find reservations in the 11 am hour. Yours is the first I have heard of past noon since the change. Can you post a screenshot?

NYwdwfan

There is also some availability some days next week when you check for reservations at DisneyWorld.com
This is next week 4/26:
IMG_8505.PNG

melmel89

Original Poster
Thanks for the info:) it makes sense now that the only reservation i could ever see was 11:05, i thought i had heard something about them going to walk ups only but then i convinced myself i had imagined it!

imahistorygeek

We did a walk up on a whim I think around 1pm-ish in March and were seated within 5 minutes. I don't know if the stars just aligned and it worked out for us, but it's worth a try.

aladdin2007

okay dont know whats going on but I tried to walk up today and they told me reservations only, to come back at 4pm, and this was between 230-3:00. So have they changed this yet again??

DoleWhipperSnapper

Best place in my opinion to eat lunch although you are correct it is difficult to get in some days. I have been there where there are a lot of people standing outside waiting to get in. I don't think you will have difficulty, but you may have to be a little flexible with your times. Good Luck and Enjoy.

Yenfid

I heard the same thing and could not find any reservations for like 6pm but when I choose just dinner not a specific time I saw what was open to get and I got a 3:20pm reservation for Saturday, October 21.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom