AKL Club Level Questions

andyc83

Original Poster
Just curious your overall experience? We are going next week. Staying AKL Club Level with Savanna view. Are water bottles available at the club level to grab and take with you to park? What about the snacks, are they handy to take with you? We are excited just hoping the extra money was worth it. Thanks for any input on what to expect!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
None of the Disney club level lounges offer bottled water. Supposedly there was a hoarding problem. Water will be in big bottles or a decanter. There will be cans of soft drinks available to take with you.

Snacks are also loose in big bowls (no individual packaged goodies). There are usually some small to-go cups nearby that you can fill with snacks. Not exactly handy. Disney really wants the lounge food to remain in the lounge.

MSCollins77

Just curious your overall experience? We are going next week. Staying AKL Club Level with Savanna view. Are water bottles available at the club level to grab and take with you to park? What about the snacks, are they handy to take with you? We are excited just hoping the extra money was worth it. Thanks for any input on what to expect!

I have stayed at AKL club level three times. The setting is absolutely amazing and well worth it to sit and admire AKL. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The food I think is a cut above some clubs and some unique offerings like Orange Soda, Mr. Pibb and Jungle Juice. I have had no problem taking food or drinks back to my room but it could be hike depending on where the room is.

The club room is on level 5 but most club rooms are actually level 3. A short walk to the club room could mean a partially obstructed savanna view. On a previous trip my savanna view was more like a view of the savanna overlook. I asked a cast member in the club room hoe to book for next time to get the best view of the savanna because what I ended up with is not what I would have expected for club level. Without directly asking the cast member offered to do a room change then added a couple of extra fast passes to my Disney experience. My last stay I requested a room farther away and had an awesome view but the walk from the club room to my room was a ways.

As a word of warning if you are the type of traveler who likes to hit the parks as early as possible and not return until evening you may miss out on Animals outside your window.

One final tip the night safari is awesome if you can afford it and work it in. it leaves from Sanaa at 10 PM lasts an hour and you use night vision to see the animals.

andyc83

Original Poster
I have stayed at AKL club level three times. The setting is absolutely amazing and well worth it to sit and admire AKL. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The food I think is a cut above some clubs and some unique offerings like Orange Soda, Mr. Pibb and Jungle Juice. I have had no problem taking food or drinks back to my room but it could be hike depending on where the room is.

The club room is on level 5 but most club rooms are actually level 3. A short walk to the club room could mean a partially obstructed savanna view. On a previous trip my savanna view was more like a view of the savanna overlook. I asked a cast member in the club room hoe to book for next time to get the best view of the savanna because what I ended up with is not what I would have expected for club level. Without directly asking the cast member offered to do a room change then added a couple of extra fast passes to my Disney experience. My last stay I requested a room farther away and had an awesome view but the walk from the club room to my room was a ways.

As a word of warning if you are the type of traveler who likes to hit the parks as early as possible and not return until evening you may miss out on Animals outside your window.

One final tip the night safari is awesome if you can afford it and work it in. it leaves from Sanaa at 10 PM lasts an hour and you use night vision to see the animals.

Thanks MSCollins for the information. Is the safari something that has to be booked far in advance or can book at the hotel on arrival?

MSCollins77

Thanks MSCollins for the information. Is the safari something that has to be booked far in advance or can book at the hotel on arrival?

If it is something you really want to do I would try to book it in advance but I am sure you can try to book when you are there. space is limited and it only runs once a night.

If it is not in the budget they used to for a very limited time each night offer night vision viewing in an over look area just round he pool for free but usually there are only a couple of goggles to be shared so the night safari is more than worth the cost.

Omi19

We have stayed Kilimanjaro Club level 16 times. Love the unique food, such as quinoa for breakfast. We book in the same block of rooms each time, [on the 4th floor since 5th floor is almost all DVC, plus a few DVC on the same floor as the lounge (6th)]. I bring a reusable water bottle, wash it out in the room and then fill from the lounge water dispenser. Know and appreciate most of the cast members, who are truly helpful. We've also stayed club level at the Contemporary and Poly which were very nice. But this is a favorite.

ryguy

We recently stayed club level at the lodge. We enjoyed it, I thought it was better than the Yacht Clubs. They had a great beer from Kenya called Tusker, should give it a try if your a beer drinker. It was nice because it had ample space, I thought the Yacht club's club level was a little tight and had no view. We would probably do it again for the right price. When we do club level we usually don't go in the parks, we go for the weekend and enjoy the pool and everything else Disney has to offer. That way we maximize what club level has to offer. Don't be afraid to ask for a drink if you don't see one out, they are more than happy to go get you one. Have fun!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom