Going to Disney World

Smiley/OCD

We are going to DW in June. What is the number one place to have breakfast?
When you say "we", describe "we"...adults, kids...there are many great places to go, but we need to know who is going to make the choices better for you...if you have children, perhaps a character breakfast? Give us some details, and you'll get PLENTY of responses.

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

It depends on what you are looking for. For us, wasting park time for breakfast is a huge time kill. We like doing the big rides early to get those out of the way. Then we focus on rides with shorter lines. If I am eating breakfast and lines are forming, the day for riding or seeing attractions is ruined. I do not like standing in lines for long periods.

Upvote 0

Worldlover71

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if you are going in June, a lot of places will be fully booked by now. Dining reservations open up six months in advance and the most popular spots fill very quickly (some within minutes.) Best to look around the dining section of the Walt Disney World website and see what is still available during your visit. If you are flexible about timing, you should still find something appealing. Worst case scenario-there are plenty of counter service restaurants in the resorts and parks that have good breakfast food and don't require a reservation.

Upvote 0

Minnie Mum

I agree that your chances of getting an early ADR for breakfast at any of the popular spots are slim. I refuse to waste the early park hours (when wait times are at their lowest) sitting in a restaurant. We only do a TS breakfast on a non park day (Boma is our favorite). Occasionally we've done Crystal Palace or Tusker House in the late morning and called it brunch, allowing us to hit the park at RD and get in a couple of hours on rides first.

Upvote 0

DfromATX

We've had pretty good luck at getting into some the the harder-to-get-into restaurants by checking with the concierge while at the resort. They get last minute cancels and we slip in. :)

That would give people like me (extreme planners) a nervous break down lol. I already have a suggestion list going for our trip in 2018. But, that is good to know that you can still get in on such short notice.

Upvote 0

Swissmiss

Premium Member
That would give people like me (extreme planners) a nervous break down lol. I already have a suggestion list going for our trip in 2018. But, that is good to know that you can still get in on such short notice.

Even though I too make my ADRs when they open up, I found on my last trip that it was possible to find many options a day or two before - for example, we had no issue switching a pre-park opening ADR at Akershaus from one day to another and for essentially the same time (maybe a 15 minute? difference). Oddly enough, however, I found that I needed to check on both my phone and my iPad - can't remember anymore which, sometimes one would show no availability while the other would.

Upvote 0
Our favorite is PPO breakfast at Crystal Palace! The breakfast food is pretty good and we love the Winnie the Pooh and friends characters.

Like others, I don't like to waste time during park hours eating breakfast, but if you are able to find a reservation as soon as they open you should be okay. The restaurant won't fill up right away so the characters can move through the tables much more quickly. We usually eat and meet all the characters in under 45 minutes if we can get a reservation before 8:15 (assuming the park opens at 9).

Upvote 0

jasmine217

I am going in July and, just this morning, booked ADRs for Cinderella's Royal Table (for a pre-park opening breakfast) and Kona (for resort-hopping brunch). While I am going a month later than you, my point is that you still have a decent chance of getting an ADR at a popular start if you check early (now) and often.

If you are on the dining plan, I would suggest Be Our Guest as the breakfast there is good and counts as a quick service credit, which is a steal given the price ($24 for adults). The price is also why I wouldn't necessarily suggest it if you are paying out-of-pocket. One place I have heard great things about that's tougher to get into is Crystal Palace.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

Gaston's Tavern for that insanely huge and good cinnamon roll. Okay we aren't breakfast people but that one is a treat I say shouldn't be missed. Big and good value.

Upvote 0

BackOTheLine

First thought - like many others: Kona

Character Breakfast - Tusker House

Honorable Mention - The Wave (small but quality buffet) Grand Floridian Cafe (big fan of their pancakes)

I'm sure everyone has their favs but these reside firmly in our Circle of Trust

Upvote 0

Cookie Galore

...also, you get my vote for most generic post title ever.
I'll second that vote!

As for breakfast, nothing is so mind blowing that it's worth traveling far out of your way. I don't know where you're staying so with that said, some favorites if they're convenient for the days plans:
-Kona at Polynesian
-Grand Floridian Cafe at Grand Floridian
-Captain's Grille at The Yacht Club
-The Wave at The Contemporary

If I'm forced to do a character breakfast:
-Tusker House at Animal Kingdom
-Cape May at The Beach Club

Also- the Sunday brunch at California Grill in The Contemporary is very nice

Upvote 0

BackOTheLine

I'll second that vote!

As for breakfast, nothing is so mind blowing that it's worth traveling far out of your way. I don't know where you're staying so with that said, some favorites if they're convenient for the days plans:
-Kona at Polynesian
-Grand Floridian Cafe at Grand Floridian
-Captain's Grille at The Yacht Club
-The Wave at The Contemporary

If I'm forced to do a character breakfast:
-Tusker House at Animal Kingdom
-Cape May at The Beach Club

Also- the Sunday brunch at California Grill in The Contemporary is very nice
I like the way you roll. ;)

I should have added the "forced to do a character breakfast" caveat to my post as well...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom