News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

seascape

Look, my point is that there are better options for rides that would be more popular(I'm sorry that I've offended some of you, but Mary Poppins would be a ride that certainly wouldn't be top of the list on somebody's to do list, that's all).
I would love a Mary Poppins ride. In my opinion you are wrong but we both have the right to express our opinion.

Bocabear

The fact is that this the opinion of the majority, families wont want to ride if their kids will have no idea what's going on.
Who knew what was going on in any of the other non-ip attractions at Disney? That is just ridiculous...If there were a Mary Poppins ride, you honestly think people wouldn't go because it is not a recent cartoon? I guess that is why no one goes on the Jungle Cruise or the Haunted Mansion...that is just ridiculous...plus aren't they rebooting the movie?

Bocabear

I envision a "Mary Poppins' Worcestershire Derby" ride, on the same platform as the teacups, but with horses instead of teacups.
I am afraid that would be woefully undershooting the goal... another cheap spinner will not fix the lack of attractions, nor is a spinner ride a fitting attraction to represent The United Kingdom... seems like they could do much better.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I've long felt that a 30 minute greatest hits Mary Poppins show in its own dedicated theater in the round would be a great addition to the UK and fill and entertainment void at ye olde prototype community of tomorrow. Though he has passed, I think Robert Alan Epcot would approve.

MrHappy

Allow me to do some armchair imagineering, for fun: can they make a river/boat ride that connects the back of the UK pavilion and the side of the France pavilion, crossing the "English Channel" (International gateway). Another thought would be a smaller scale London eye (Ferris wheel) which may be able to be constructed near the proposed gondola area which Martin indicated would go sorta behind the UK area to make a sky themed plaza. A Ferris wheel would take up a small footprint, but not be immersive, and we'd likely see too much backstage.

raymusiccity

Allow me to do some armchair imagineering, for fun: can they make a river/boat ride that connects the back of the UK pavilion and the side of the France pavilion, crossing the "English Channel" (International gateway). Another thought would be a smaller scale London eye (Ferris wheel) which may be able to be constructed near the proposed gondola area which Martin indicated would go sorta behind the UK area to make a sky themed plaza. A Ferris wheel would take up a small footprint, but not be immersive, and we'd likely see too much backstage.
....And, instead of 'Exit' signs, they could say 'Brexit'! :)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Or they could dig a tunnel and run a train through it... ;)

Bocabear

I know that Martin said that it wasn't a carousel or a ferris wheel, but something like this would be semi-appropriate for Mary Poppins (just add some foxes)

Cedar Downs is charming...I went on it several times...It would seem sad to be the ride representation for the United Kingdom though...I would rathger have a real ride... If it has to be a spinner, a Cedar Downs type carousel could be great with the Mary Poppins Jolly Holiday overlay...(at least put animatronics in the center!)

discos

But it is true, unlike classics like Dumbo and Bambi, Mary Poppins hasn't really lived on, it has been somewhat forgotten, anyone under 25 wouldn't know most of the scenes in it, and it would become a ride that people just walk past and they think: "Mmmmmmm, let's just go on Living with the Land or Soarin'."
When I saw Mary Poppins on Broadway half of the audience were children under the age of 12 so I'd argue Mary Poppins is still pretty relevant and has definitely lived on.

raymusiccity

Yes- but too bad the horses couldn't leave the station... :)

Of course they can leave the station!.... 'Back in the day' there was the Steeplechase Horses' at Coney Island. You rode two to a horse. You got on inside and raced outside, around the building and back into numbered slots to see who won!
coney.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom