• 1900 Park Fare

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • The Garden Grill

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Ackershus Royal Banquet Hall

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters

yedliW

'Ohaha is great food and they have a really nice tropical juice with that breakfast. Anyone know what that is called?

It's called POG juice.. it is a blend of Papaya, Orange, and Guava juices, and is my favorite thing about breakfast at Disney.. I have had it at Boma, Garden Grille and Ohana for breakfast. I'm sure it is available at more places. (I'm sure it is at Tusker house, but I've not done breakfast there, so don't quote me on it)

I recently learned that there is a slushy version somewhere in Animal Kingdom.. you can bet I'll be tracking it down when we are down there in September..

yedliW

Deno

Yes, Dan, apparently so, i've only ever had it at 'Ohana though.

I now read that the Slushy is only $3.99 without the souvenir cup! Can't wait :)

LeighM

It's called POG juice.. it is a blend of Papaya, Orange, and Guava juices, and is my favorite thing about breakfast at Disney.. I have had it at Boma, Garden Grille and Ohana for breakfast. I'm sure it is available at more places. (I'm sure it is at Tusker house, but I've not done breakfast there, so don't quote me on it)

I recently learned that there is a slushy version somewhere in Animal Kingdom.. you can bet I'll be tracking it down when we are down there in September..

It is at Tusker Hosue for breakfast - it's called Jungle Juice there :)

slappy magoo

I think for both food and atmosphere 1900 Park Fare is the best of your choices. First of all, it's the only restaurant of your 4 with a made-to-order station. The selection of foods at Garden Grill (and Ohana for that matter) is sparse - scrambled eggs, 2 meats, potatoes, waffles, fruit, bread. Which constitutes a hearty breakfast but for that kind of money I think there ought to be far more options than that. Akershus, the hot portion of the meal is about the same but there's also the cold table for other choices, Over at Chef Mickey's there's still no omelet/eggs station but they will have other egg options, pancakes, french toast (and french toast sticks for the kids), a potato dish and tater tots, and far more bread and pastry options than Garden Grill or Ohana. But past few trips, 1900 Park Fare has consistently been my favorite for breakfast, both in the selection of food and the way the characters interact with the guests. One of our last times there we got one of the last reservations of the day, and treated it more like a brunch. I was worried we'd be stuck with the dregs of what was leftover, but they kept preparing and presenting fresh foods. What's more as other families left, it afforded us a lot of face time with Alice & the Mad Hatter who spent a good 15 minutes at our table with our girls which just tickled them to no end (and my kids are goofy enough that I think they tickled the cast members, too). Were your choices my choices, I'd have to give some weight to where we're going that day, if we're relying on Disney transportation or have our own ride, what times can we get a table, etc. But of those 4 (plus Ohana), the one I'd want to go to the most would be 1900 Park Fare

MSCollins77

I am traveling to disney with 5 friends. We are all in our twenty's but still love the Disney atmosphere! We want to do a character breakfast. Our choices are Chef Mickeys, 1900 Park Fare, The Garden Grill or Ackershus Royal Banquet Hall. Ackershus is last on the list now, just because I'm not crazy about the menu but feel free to persuade me!

Our schedule is:
Monday: Epcot (we would do breakfast at 1900 Park Fare at 9:05 or one of the Epcot character breakfasts) or
Tuesday (our last day-catching an 8:30 pm flight home): Breakfast at Chef Mickeys 7:25, 1900 Park Fare 8:30 or Chef Mickeys 10:45

If you Garden Grill around 8-8:15 you will likely be done in time to get right on Sorin when it opens. If you are into the Character aspect it is family style so they bring the food to you so you do not have to worry about timing your visits to the buffet. The food was pretty good and it was cool getting right on Sorin after without a wait. I think we actually went through twice before the masses caught up with us.

Lucky Rabbit

I've done 3 of the 4 (Chef Mickey's, Ackershus, and Garden Grill). It just depends what's important to you, but I'd rank them:

Food Quality
1. Garden Grill
2. Akershus
3. Chef Mickey's

Character Interaction
1. Garden Grill
2. Akershus
3. Chef Mickey's

Though character interaction will also be dependent on how busy those restaurants are at the time. Garden Grill, from my experience, tends to be the least busy hence why the character interaction is great. The difference between them isn't so vast that I'd let it override your preference in characters. Find out who everyone likes and pick that one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom