News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

BenJacobs

It uses the songs from the film, the charterers from the film, and it ties together the three animated shorts from the film into a continuous story. Its is very much a related ride.

I believe that I've been misunderstood. It is from the film, yes, but, as nobody is expected to know the film, it is basically unrelated - if it were from the little mermaid, then people would be expected to know the film to understand the ride, so Splash Mountain is, for most, independent in theming.

wdwgreek

I believe that I've been misunderstood. It is from the film, yes, but, as nobody is expected to know the film, it is basically unrelated - if it were from the little mermaid, then people would be expected to know the film to understand the ride, so Splash Mountain is, for most, independent in theming.
You have not been misunderstood. The word unrelated is what I find inaccurate.

TiggerDad

So anyway how about that unnamed ip attraction In the U.K. @marni1971 said in another thread early 2021. I'm hoping for a good dark ride but have a feeling it may be something more like a b or maybe a c ticket to help balance out RAT on that side of the park.
To try to help you bring this back on topic, I thought @marni1971 had confirmed it would not be D or E, and would not occupy a lot of space.

clemmo

To try to help you bring this back on topic, I thought @marni1971 had confirmed it would not be D or E, and would not occupy a lot of space.
It hasn't though I'm not sure they'd put another e ticket right next to Rat. I doubt it's an exhibit though because what would take until 2021 for that to get built. I'd say theater space if it's not carousel or "themed flat ride". But again nothing's been confirmed on that they're looking at it for early 2021

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Love the Loch Ness theme not sure how I feel about a swinging ship attraction if it's like the ones at your generic theme park.

If they can lure Worldy, the World Showcase Lagoon monster out to interact with the folks on the swinging ship it would be a huge success. She's notoriously shy though. I probably never would've seen her if it weren't for my years as a WS lagoon lifeguard.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So Splash Mountain is ok because you aren't expected to know the movie, but a hypothetical Mary Poppins ride isn't ok because people will be expected to know it? :confused:

giphy.gif

doctornick

Without going through the thread, so I'm going off the top of my head, I feel the following was established regarding the UK attractions:
* small scale attraction, not a D- or E-ticket. In fact, due to the relatively small scale, could start construction after Ratatouille but finish before that ride
* is actually a ride, but not a carousel (and thus not something like a labyrinth)
* is IP based (though I think someone indicated specifically that it was not Mary Poppins, but @marni1971 said that was an option)

So, I'm thinking it is some sort of flat ride themed to the likes or Sword In the Stone or Robin Hood or maybe Pooh or 101 Dalmatians. Maybe a copy of the honey pot tea cups from Shanghai?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I feel like I've offended so many people...

How could you offend so many people when you believe so few are fans of Mary Poppins?

They seem to be making remakes now, like the recent Beauty and the Beast film.

The new Mary Poppins is a sequel, not a remake, and based on the original MP books.

I just want to fight the stereotype that we are all either Cockney or super-posh.

You regard DickVanDyke's accent to be Cockney? Stephen Fry has characterized his attempt at a Cockney accent as an act of war.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom