50 MAGICal Enhancements for the 50th ...

aladdin2007

If I'm being honest I don't think either resort does that great of a job with Christmas. WDW is too scared of the Christmas overlays because they can't take a ride offline for a week. Universal focuses on Halloween instead.

Both pale in comparison to the job Disneyland Resort does. Which actually surprises me in the way the holiday infuses things that I didn't even know about ahead of time. All the way down to things like Mater's, Luigi's or the Buena Vista street news boys.

Which, tying back to third thread is certainly something they could do for the 50th to hit 50 new things.

speaking of holidays remember when Disney World had a Easter Parade?? and it was televised? A friend emailed me today and asked what time is it on tv,,I said what easter parade lol,,,there isnt one...... they dont do anything anymore but run that hideous move it shake it junk....im being sarcastic of course, but just shows how lazy and cheap they have become.... Regarding Christmas Disneyland seems to decorate everything and overlay entertainment. how it should be done really. we cant even have country bears christmas here they made sure to do away with that too.

brb1006

speaking of holidays remember when Disney World had a Easter Parade?? and it was televised? A friend emailed me today and asked what time is it on tv,,I said what easter parade lol,,,there isnt one...... they dont do anything anymore but run that hideous move it shake it junk....im being sarcastic of course, but just shows how lazy and cheap they have become.... Regarding Christmas Disneyland seems to decorate everything and overlay entertainment. how it should be done really. we cant even have country bears christmas here they made sure to do away with that too.
Here's one from 1997 one of it's last years doing this.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
If I'm being honest I don't think either resort does that great of a job with Christmas. WDW is too scared of the Christmas overlays because they can't take a ride offline for a week. Universal focuses on Halloween instead.

Both pale in comparison to the job Disneyland Resort does. Which actually surprises me in the way the holiday infuses things that I didn't even know about ahead of time. All the way down to things like Mater's, Luigi's or the Buena Vista street news boys.

Which, tying back to third thread is certainly something they could do for the 50th to hit 50 new things.

Don't think it's about taking a ride down for the week, TDO does not want to pay crews to come in after hours like DL does and apply the overlay like everything else wrong at WDW it all boils down to the Benjamins and TDO's unwillingness to spend on enhancing the guest experience.

Kman101

Don't think it's about taking a ride down for the week, TDO does not want to pay crews to come in after hours like DL does and apply the overlay like everything else wrong at WDW it all boils down to the Benjamins and TDO's unwillingness to spend on enhancing the guest experience.

They say it's about taking rides offline but it isn't. It is about the cost of the overlay, IMHO. But they have no problem doing Jingle Cruise, do they? They could at least do Small World Holiday. I can kind of understand not doing Holiday Nightmare on Haunted Mansion but not doing Small World?

They seem to have no problem having DHS down to four rides this fall ...

Soarin' Over Pgh

They say it's about taking rides offline but it isn't. It is about the cost of the overlay, IMHO. But they have no problem doing Jingle Cruise, do they? They could at least do Small World Holiday. I can kind of understand not doing Holiday Nightmare on Haunted Mansion but not doing Small World?

I just don't get how a company who makes so much money off of each guest can be so stinking cheap when it comes to building something that'll last for years. Its like they're only looking at the concrete directly in front of them and not the huge open land ahead.

COProgressFan

Here's one from 1997 one of it's last years doing this.

I taped the 1997 Easter parade and still have it on VHS!

Just taking a look at the first few seconds of it, the trees and elevated planters and benches in the hub are awesome. They even make the castle cake look ok! Again, for the all the people who say removing the trees was no big deal, they really should take a look at how things used to be. The hub had a completely different (and more pleasant) feel than it does today. It was truly park-like.

brb1006

I taped the 1997 Easter parade and still have it on VHS!

Just taking a look at the first few seconds of it, the trees and elevated planters and benches in the hub are awesome. They even make the castle cake look ok! Again, for the all the people who say removing the trees was no big deal, they really should take a look at how things used to be. The hub had a completely different (and more pleasant) feel than it does today. It was truly park-like.
It made MK feel more special than it is now.

Cesar R M

Jingle cruise seems to be the most easier and simple of all "overlays".
Its a Small World will be modified if rumours are correct. They will insert ip characters everywhere.

rushtest4echo

And then there are people like me who shudder at the prospect of more Christmas being inserted. Can't stand any of it, I don't get a warm/fuzzy feeling. Back in the day, I used to just avoid DLR for the most part around Christmas, and I still find myself annoyed when I have to hear/see Christmas stuff here at WDW- especially when most of the songs are modern/secular ones (blah).

And as much as I liked Holiday Mansion (especially the original year), I really don't appreciate Disneyland having to shut down two of the biggest rides for several weeks twice a year. Not to mention that they do an awful job maintaining Mansion and IASW now because they're rushing to get everything in and out twice a year. No thanks.

drizgirl

And then there are people like me who shudder at the prospect of more Christmas being inserted. Can't stand any of it, I don't get a warm/fuzzy feeling. Back in the day, I used to just avoid DLR for the most part around Christmas, and I still find myself annoyed when I have to hear/see Christmas stuff here at WDW- especially when most of the songs are modern/secular ones (blah).

And as much as I liked Holiday Mansion (especially the original year), I really don't appreciate Disneyland having to shut down two of the biggest rides for several weeks twice a year. Not to mention that they do an awful job maintaining Mansion and IASW now because they're rushing to get everything in and out twice a year. No thanks.
Maybe you should visit Universal during the Christmas season. I hear they have fully embraced the Grinch frame of mind over there.

rushtest4echo

Maybe you should visit Universal during the Christmas season. I hear they have fully embraced the Grinch frame of mind over there.

Nah, that guy eventually relents- what a weakling. :p

The only thing I like less than hearing Christmas music in stores in Nov/Dec (and now late October/early January apparently, uuuugh) is hearing it played on Main Street.

Cesar R M

I honestly love coming here and seeing the old pictures of years past. The parks all need more shade and places to sit. They need to start rethinking that. I'm a redhead. I walk outside and burn.
Might prefer to refresh in your own Private(tm) Magical Disney Tent(tm) at MK

Kman101

Not really. They closed Backlot, Jack Sparrow and Lights Motors Action. We're getting Alien Swirling Saucers, Slinky Dog Dash, and the two Star Wars attractions, plus the overlay of Great Movie Ride. We're gaining one attraction. But if you look at attraction as "ride" (meaning you physically move) then I guess we're gaining. But they've really just replaced some rides for others, albeit better, but that's not the point.

Nj4mwc

Not really. They closed Backlot, Jack Sparrow and Lights Motors Action. We're getting Alien Swirling Saucers, Slinky Dog Dash, and the two Star Wars attractions, plus the overlay of Great Movie Ride. We're gaining one attraction. But if you look at attraction as "ride" (meaning you physically move) then I guess we're gaining. But they've really just replaced some rides for others, albeit better, but that's not the point.
But jack sparrow was awful, that's one attraction lose I see as a gain

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom