An evening without the kids...

Deno

Original Poster
Hi

We're going to WDW for the first time in 2 years this August and this time around our boys will be 8 and 13. They used to LOVE spending an evening at The Neverland Club/Lilo's Playhouse but as far as i'm aware the upper age limit on that is 12?

Anyway, even though they loved it, we loved it even more when we could spend a few hours mooching around World Showcase having a couple of drinks and sampling all the different foods.

Are there any supervised nighttime activities that you think two boys could do together that would be loads of fun? It would have to be a great night for them too, i'd never want to palm them off on their holiday but a bit of quality adult time would also be good.

Thanks

Dene

EOD K9

I do know there is a service called Kids Nite Out where a caretaker can watch them in your room. Disney is their preferred provider. Give them a looksee.

Deno

Original Poster
I do know there is a service called Kids Nite Out where a caretaker can watch them in your room. Disney is their preferred provider. Give them a looksee.

Hmmm, yeah, think I knew about that but at their age I was thinking more of some kind of activity around the resorts so they have fun too. I think I'd rather have them come with us than have them confined to the room.

I have a feeling our options are going to be a little limited on this. Guess we'll be waiting until they are 18 ;-)

Weather_Lady

Perhaps the boys might enjoy some time to explore World Showcase, doing a few rounds of "Agent P's World Showcase Adventure," while you and your spouse enjoy a romantic beverage or two at the Tutto Gusto Wine Bar in Italy, the Tequila bar in the Mexico Pavilion, or Rose and Crown pub in Great Britain.

mdubm

I have read Abracadabar on the BoardWalk is kid friendly. It's a bar, but there are magicians. Of course, everywhere (just about) is kid friendly. Maybe y'all could get the best of both worlds by trying that out? You may be able to ask concierge once you check in. Best of luck!

Deno

Original Poster
Thanks for the input on this.

I would LOVE to let them mooch around World Showcase on their own doing Agent P (and I KNOW they would love the independence of that) but my wife still thinks they are too young, well, she thinks our 8 year old is too young to go unsupervised and I guess, begrudgingly, I agree. That's why I was thinking more along the lines of a supervised activity such as the Neverland Club. They also went on a pirate adventure once but that was during the day. I was thinking there could be something like that.

No worries, we're gonna have a blast together it's just that sometimes you just need a little time for yourselves and I was just thinking how nice an adult few hours around World Showcase is.

Dene

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom