Replacement for Tomorrowland Speedway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter11435

You would think dark rides would be mod of a quick fix. I have a hard time believing they cost more and take longer than roller coasters and E-tickets.
Roller coasters are generally fairly cheap before you get into extensive themeing.

larandtra

People keep mentioning Tron, but, I think they are all going to be highly disappointed. As has many have noted, the balance of MK is way off and the need for large volume rides is high. They are not going to plop down some huge monstrosity of a building right next to Space Mountain and diminish the theme. If anything, the E ticket ride so many want is likely (IMO) to be in Adventureland to balance out the park while tomorrowland gets a major refurb with more people eating attractions. The Speedway gets a refurb, even as much as Id be ok with it being gone, and TL is cleaned up. There are plenty of options for an Eride that would fit the adventureland theme and still be able to bring good attractions to TL and make it work.

clemmo

People keep mentioning Tron, but, I think they are all going to be highly disappointed. As has many have noted, the balance of MK is way off and the need for large volume rides is high. They are not going to plop down some huge monstrosity of a building right next to Space Mountain and diminish the theme. If anything, the E ticket ride so many want is likely (IMO) to be in Adventureland to balance out the park while tomorrowland gets a major refurb with more people eating attractions. The Speedway gets a refurb, even as much as Id be ok with it being gone, and TL is cleaned up. There are plenty of options for an Eride that would fit the adventureland theme and still be able to bring good attractions to TL and make it work.
I agree I'd rather see a big people eating dark ride or two in TL on the speedway area rather than tron right next to space mountain. Then put a big e ticket over in adventureland

PorterRedkey

Please no Tron coaster! It looks cool, but I don't think it would fit in WDW's Tomorrowland.
First, you have an indoor coaster next door. That seems a little redundant.
Second, the ride doesn't seem that great. It is a short coaster, with some cool effects, but nothing really groundbreaking. Give me a Wall-E (or any) dark ride over this any day.

PorterRedkey

Now if TDO wanted to improve the Tron coaster, by adding a second Red track that intertwined with the blue track, I may change my tune. MK needs a new E-ticket for the 50th, I just hope it is not the Shanghai version of the Tron ride. Even if we get a coaster if would be nice to be something different, like a suspended rollercoaster instead of Tron.

38053WDW

Maybe Electric cars? (CARS Themed) - put a Mickey Head solar farm nearby, Get "Sponsor" Batteries and "Sponsor" cars. Win / Win sponsors can test their batteries / DC engines since these things will be beaten up... Children today will be either driving electric cars or not driving at all :rolleyes: or we leave it like it is and in 20 yrs kids will be saying "Wait a minute, you're telling me these things run on liquid fuel?"

Attachments

• solmik.JPG
    solmik.JPG
    188.2 KB · Views: 218

KrazyKat

Now if TDO wanted to improve the Tron coaster, by adding a second Red track that intertwined with the blue track.

That would be awesome especially if they could somehow make the track light up and leave a trail like the bikes do in the movies. Makes it even more INTENSE! Make it so blue bikes go ahead of the red bikes and leave a trail and vice versa back-and-forth. Just barely dodging the other's trail. I know it's been done at IOA but that's outdoors.

Last edited:

DVC91

Been a while since I posted anything here, but when I turned on my car to go to work on Wednesday, I heard on 101.9FM (Orlando) that the Tron Coaster was coming to Tomorrowland.

I hadn't heard any mention of a rumor on that segment and I haven't seen anything here beyond speculation, so I'm not sure where they got that information, unless they were trying to pass off that rumor as fact.

No official release from TDO would lead me to believe that they were doing just that though

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Running a power in numbers con spreading unsubstatiated info in hopes that it will build up a firestorm of social media coverage to either force Disney to respond officially or cave to demand making the rumour "true" or is it a simple goof on their part? Is it fact? I guess we'll see.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom