• Yes

Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

Pleakley

Pardon me if I am late to the party, but they are now selling t-shirts to commemorate the final showings of Wishes. They say something like "Farewell Fireworks 2017".

Because why not profit off something that has been due for an update the entire decade....

drizgirl

Pardon me if I am late to the party, but they are now selling t-shirts to commemorate the final showings of Wishes. They say something like "Farewell Fireworks 2017".

Because why not profit off something that has been due for an update the entire decade....
They cleaned up on the Osborne Lights final tour. I'm not shocked they would attempt the same for Wishes.

No Name

Happy Easter everyone. Hope you found all of my relatives.

This seems to be their thing recently. Along with events, like the 13th hour event at DCA.

I actually find it comforting in a way. They realize we exist. We're a percentage too small to base major decisions off of, and I understand and respect that (though I still think many of their decisons are stupid, long-term, for guests of all types) but we're a percentage too sizable to ignore.

You best believe we played a role in the decision to amend the New Fantasyland plans, to keep our Tower of Terror, and... well, the list is short, but it exists, because we exist.

There's a dose of WDWMAGIC pride!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Expect more than T shirts too.

drizgirl

Happy Easter everyone. Hope you found all of my relatives.

This seems to be their thing recently. Along with events, like the 13th hour event at DCA.

I actually find it comforting in a way. They realize we exist. We're a percentage too small to base major decisions off of, and I understand and respect that (though I still think many of their decisons are stupid, long-term, for guests of all types) but we're a percentage too sizable to ignore.

You best believe we played a role in the decision to amend the New Fantasyland plans, to keep our Tower of Terror, and... well, the list is short, but it exists, because we exist.

There's a dose of WDWMAGIC pride!
That's probably the adult way of looking at it.

I'm just not there with it. It still feels like a knife in the back to capitalize like that on removing fan favorites from the parks.

And you can probably add the delay of ending Aladdin's run at the Hyperion theater to the list (initially slated to end about 5 years ago for a Toy Story show).

Bacon

I've heard about that also does anyone have pictures?

MagicHappens1971

I've heard about that also does anyone have pictures?
Not the most creative as some of the more recent Disney shirts but I'm probably gonna buy one lol
IMG_3687.PNG

Kman101

I really do enjoy Wishes but I don't have that sentimental attachment to it. I don't really get attached to nighttime fireworks, at least right now.

They're enjoyable but I'm looking forward to the replacement. I just remain cautions about the amount of fireworks involved. I don't want it to be a case of them looking to scale back. Sure the other stuff will be impressive and it looks like a great deal of effort is being put into the new show, but I'm still a tad cautious.

I'm also hopeful whatever update/replacement Illuminations gets is worthy of it. It's a great show, but I still don't have that attachment to it.

Notes from Neverland

As fun as it is to hear about the projections and animation behind them, my fear is that with how they're really promoting these features that the fireworks won't be as big of a focal point as they currently are in Wishes. One would think they'd be trying to innovate with fireworks too, but considering they haven't promoted that at all, I'd expect things to be scaled back in terms of pyro.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom