What's the longest you've ever waited for an attraction at any theme/amusement park?

What's the longest you've ever waited for a ride at a theme or amusement park?

• 1 Hour

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • 2 Hours

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • 3+ Hours

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

21stamps

Original Poster
I was at DCA on a very crowded day and waited 60 minutes for RSR and 60 for California Screamin', both through singles lines. By comparison, later when the crowds were down, I waited 10 minutes for Racers through singles, so it was crowded that day.

I also once waited about 60 minutes for Stormrunner at Hershey Park. Last time I was there, I waited 10 minutes.

It's crazy how different wait times can be on different days or even certain times during the day.

I always try to go to our local park when it's a very cloudy day.. but I hate when other people have the same idea ;)

Goofyernmost

The longest I've ever waited was 50 minutes--that was for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in MK. The ride had been open for about a year or more at that point, and the waits were still long. I passed by it a few times that day and when I saw 50 minutes (this was in the middle of the afternoon), I got in line. That was the shortest time I saw for the stand-by lines all day, so I entered the queue.
The problem with the posted signs are that they are rarely correct. One evening I decided that I was going to be clever and ride the mine train during the MSEP. I got to the entrance and it was still reading 70 minutes. I decided that if I was going to get to ride it I would just have to grit my teeth and get in line. I entered the line and walked non-stop to the ride (which was quite a few minutes in itself). I rode it and left and a total of 20 minutes had passed from the time I entered the queue to the time I left on the other end. Sometimes it works in your favor and, by god, I was clever indeed. Who knew?

21stamps

Original Poster
The problem with the posted signs are that they are rarely correct. One evening I decided that I was going to be clever and ride the mine train during the MSEP. I got to the entrance and it was still reading 70 minutes. I decided that if I was going to get to ride it I would just have to grit my teeth and get in line. I entered the line and walked non-stop to the ride (which was quite a few minutes in itself). I rode it and left and a total of 20 minutes had passed from the time I entered the queue to the time I left on the other end. Sometimes it works in your favor and, by god, I was clever indeed. Who knew?
That's awesome!

21stamps

Original Poster
So, what's in the shed?
Not what I thought :( I was so sure that it was going to be a drop track!!!

We pull in, total darkness.. lights flicker and we move up to a room full of relics.. then, after sitting still in the shed lights flickering, some kind of giant monster shows up and screams...on a big screen on the wall in front of us.

When we moved again-
My kid yelled "What?! THAT'S WHAT'S IN THE SHED???!!. THAT'S IT?!"
Everyone in front and behind us cracked up laughing.

Poor kid has been waiting to find out what's in the shed ever since the live announcement.lol

Very anticlimactic after so much build up.. not bad, just probably didn't warrant a year long hash tag hype up. Lol
The ride is fun though and the theme and story were great.

I just found this on YouTube. This was Thursday.. if you donated a minimum of $100 per person to Andy Dalton's foundation you could be eligible to be one of the first riders...special event at the park. I considered it a few months ago, then realized that people were bidding $1,000 per person. Too rich for my blood, so I decided we'd go on pass Preview night instead.lol.

We were on after midnight, so in total darkness during the ride. I haven't been on during daylight, and probably will just stuck to nights. That's our favorite time.

Last edited:

Jedi Stitch

Many years ago, when Splash Mountain first opened at Disneyland, the lines were 3+ hours for days. I didn't even know about the opening when I scheduled the summer long weekend visit. In the days before Fastpass, the line filled the current queue, came up and wrapped across the front of the mountain in the overflow queue on the left side of the mountain. Then it skipped to the other side of the path and extended down the hill to the railing alongside the river almost all the way over to Pirates and switched back and forth over there 3 times. It was over 3-1/2 hours. I would never do that again but back then it was just what you did.

I also saw Space Mountain one time (again, pre-Fastpass) with the line all the way out across the plaza and wrapping along underneath the loop of the Peoplemover track. It was over an Easter Holiday weekend and posted at 3 hours +- needless to say we didn't get in that one
That was myself and My brother too. He had driven just the two of us for my 16th b-day from Seattle to Disney in his mustang. He had never been on Splash Mountain before and had been here several more times. I volunteered to wait. Man it was hot, there was a drinking fountain at some point in the que and the line went to that and back to the que. The ride kept breaking down. We ended up watching Fantasmic from the que. Got all the way up to the boarding area. My brother thought he was finally going to get to ride it. Broke down again, and this time, Disney closed it down for good, IE down for a couple of days of maintenance.. My brother was soooo, bummed. I brought it up to the CM it was my B-day, had waited 3+ hours for my Bro to ride. We were not returning for another day. Back then you would get a return ticket, but they told us to use on another ride if we wanted.

DisneyPrincess5

Omg I'll never forget it...

When I was a kid circa 1995 we waited 2 hours inside that hot and grungy subway queue of Universal's old King Kong ride. Let's just say it was ridiculous. But such a fun ride. I miss it!

Cesar R M

Longest? Forbidden Journey.. with around 2 hours.
The line was out of the Castle and making chaos in the lockers area.

This was in early January at Universal Studios (very close to new year's)
Ironic, because that date was declared "green" in the usual park load levels for IOA.

Gringotts was 1 hour and half then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom