FP+ 60-day question!

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
First off, please pardon my ignorance, I should know the answer to this. Anyway, I have my family's resort reservation linked to my MDE account, as well as a hopper pass for each member of my family. I also have a hopper pass linked to my account for a friend who is not part of my resort reservation. My question is, will I be able to make FP+ selections at the 60-day mark for my friend even though her resort reservation is not linked to my account? I hope that made sense to you all!

Thanks in advance for any insight! I really appreciate it!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
My guess would be probably not being they are not listed with your resort reservation nor have their own. I have not tried this but I'm thinking they can't make theirs until 30 days out with not having a resort reservation even though you do. ;)

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Have your friend create her own MDE account and link her reservation, then you can add her as going with you, assign her ticket to her and include her in all the ADRs and FP+ you want.

If it's not possible for her to create an account, you can add her as a friend and I think still include her in the planning... I've never done that, so I'm not 100% sure. I have made FP+ bookings that included friends who were there at the same were there at the same time, but I don't remember whether we just coordinated or if one person added others.

Maybe @Rob562 knows?

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I don't think you will be able to make FPs for your friend at 60 days if she is not a Disney resort guest, since the 60 day perk is for resort guests only (not friends/family traveling at the same time.)

My family has APs. Our profiles are linked on MDE. My daughter and I were booked at POFQ earlier this month. My husband was not sure he could join us so he was not on our reservation. When I went to make FPs at 60 days, I was not allowed to make any for him. I was only allowed to make FPs for him 30 days from current day (since any ticket holder can make FPs 30 days from the current day.) I imagine you would see this with your friend even if she is linked to you.

For example, if you could make FPs 60 days from today the day would be June 14. If you tried to make them for your friend, May 14 (or sooner) would be your only option.

But if she IS a resort guest and you link her, then YES you can.

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
You are all awesome, thanks so much for the advice! I should have given some more information. My friend is in fact staying at the same resort as us, so she will be eligible for the 60-days perk. So just to be 100% clear, I guess my question is this: do I have to link her resort reservation to my account in order to make the FP+ selections for her, or is it enough if her reservation is linked to her own account?

Thanks again!

Rob562

You are all awesome, thanks so much for the advice! I should have given some more information. My friend is in fact staying at the same resort as us, so she will be eligible for the 60-days perk. So just to be 100% clear, I guess my question is this: do I have to link her resort reservation to my account in order to make the FP+ selections for her, or is it enough if her reservation is linked to her own account?

Thanks again!

I see that you've figured things out, but for anyone coming across this thread with a similar question, in order to make FP+ reservations at 60 days, a guest must have both a ticket and a Disney hotel reservation linked to their profile.

If the ticket was linked to the OP's version of her friend, and the reservation was linked to her friend's account, then once they linked as friends it allowed both requirements to be met and the OP could make FastPasses.

-Rob

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
I see that you've figured things out, but for anyone coming across this thread with a similar question, in order to make FP+ reservations at 60 days, a guest must have both a ticket and a Disney hotel reservation linked to their profile.

If the ticket was linked to the OP's version of her friend, and the reservation was linked to her friend's account, then once they linked as friends it allowed both requirements to be met and the OP could make FastPasses.

-Rob
@Rob562 thank you very much!

Just to be completely clear, let me ask you this. I have the resort reservation for my family and all of their hopper passes linked to my account. I also have my friend's hopper pass linked to my account, but her resort reservation is linked to her own account. Now that my friend is listed in my "family and friends" list, that means that I will be able to make her FP+ selections at the 60-day, is that right? And it's okay that her hopper pass is linked to my account instead of hers?

Also, with respect to the "family and friends" list, I have it set so that my friend can view our shared plans. Am I correct in understanding that even though my friend can see our plans, she cannot edit or change anything that I've booked, such as dining reservations and fastpasses, etc? I just want to make sure that nobody else has any control over what I've planned and booked.

Thanks again!

Rob562

@Rob562 thank you very much!

Just to be completely clear, let me ask you this. I have the resort reservation for my family and all of their hopper passes linked to my account. I also have my friend's hopper pass linked to my account, but her resort reservation is linked to her own account. Now that my friend is listed in my "family and friends" list, that means that I will be able to make her FP+ selections at the 60-day, is that right? And it's okay that her hopper pass is linked to my account instead of hers?

Also, with respect to the "family and friends" list, I have it set so that my friend can view our shared plans. Am I correct in understanding that even though my friend can see our plans, she cannot edit or change anything that I've booked, such as dining reservations and fastpasses, etc? I just want to make sure that nobody else has any control over what I've planned and booked.

Thanks again!

To answer your first question, yes you should be all set.

The second question is multi-faceted:
-Only the lead guest can alter or cancel a hotel reservation or a dining reservation. And with the dining reservation, linking it to others is more a convenience factor so the others will see it when they open their own MDE.
If you have a dining reservation for 6 people, there's nothing requiring that the 5 people who show up with you be the 5 other people linked to the reservation on MDE.

As for FastPasses, two people becoming friends in MDE, each gives the other access to making, editing and cancelling FastPasses for the other.
I have a friend who's a local AP holder. I can go into MDE right now and make FastPasses for him for tomorrow if I wanted.
If your "friend" is someone who you don't trust not to mess up your fastpass plans, then you shouldn't be friends on MDE.

-Rob

JusticeDisney

Original Poster

-Only the lead guest can alter or cancel a hotel reservation or a dining reservation. And with the dining reservation, linking it to others is more a convenience factor so the others will see it when they open their own MDE.
If you have a dining reservation for 6 people, there's nothing requiring that the 5 people who show up with you be the 5 other people linked to the reservation on MDE.

As for FastPasses, two people becoming friends in MDE, each gives the other access to making, editing and cancelling FastPasses for the other.
I have a friend who's a local AP holder. I can go into MDE right now and make FastPasses for him for tomorrow if I wanted.
If your "friend" is someone who you don't trust not to mess up your fastpass plans, then you shouldn't be friends on MDE.

-Rob
Thanks so much for your info and advice. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!

JusticeDisney

Original Poster

-Rob
Just thought of one more question, then I promise I will stop bugging you, lol! If you have it set so that your friend can only view shared plans, does that mean that the friend cannot see or modify fast pass selections for which the friend is not included? I guess I'm really just trying to figure out what's the difference between allowing a friend to view all plans versus allowing the friend to view only shared plans?

Thanks!

Rob562

Just thought of one more question, then I promise I will stop bugging you, lol! If you have it set so that your friend can only view shared plans, does that mean that the friend cannot see or modify fast pass selections for which the friend is not included? I guess I'm really just trying to figure out what's the difference between allowing a friend to view all plans versus allowing the friend to view only shared plans?

Thanks!

I'm not 100% sure. In theory, if you make FastPasses for your family and the friend isn't part of that FastPass group, they won't see it.

Compare that to "see all plans"... A friend is going later this week with his friend who I am not connected to. On his account I'm set to "see all plans". And while his reservations don't show up on my main MDE app screen, I can tap "see all plans" and all of his reservations are shown. When I tap on his hotel or dining reservations I can see the name of the friend listed as the second guest, though since I'm not lead guest on those reservations, I can't do anything with them.
When I view a FastPass, I only see him listed, despite him making the FastPasses for both of them. In theory I could modify or cancel them and it would only affect his FP reservation, not the friend's.

-Rob

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
I'm not 100% sure. In theory, if you make FastPasses for your family and the friend isn't part of that FastPass group, they won't see it.

Compare that to "see all plans"... A friend is going later this week with his friend who I am not connected to. On his account I'm set to "see all plans". And while his reservations don't show up on my main MDE app screen, I can tap "see all plans" and all of his reservations are shown. When I tap on his hotel or dining reservations I can see the name of the friend listed as the second guest, though since I'm not lead guest on those reservations, I can't do anything with them.
When I view a FastPass, I only see him listed, despite him making the FastPasses for both of them. In theory I could modify or cancel them and it would only affect his FP reservation, not the friend's.

-Rob
Thank you again! Have a great day, and if it is a holiday you celebrate, happy Easter!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom