Rumor Bye Bye (Tiki) Birdies?

WDW1974

Original Poster
The remains of the Tropical Serenade aka The Enchanted Tiki Room (aka a Top 10 Fanboi nostalgia lovefest) looks like it is about to fly the coop for good.

According to multiple sources, the attraction, which saw a reprieve a few years ago when it went back to a shortened version of the original 1971 show from the poorly received Under New Management update following a fire that damaged the facility, is on the chopping block and very, very likely to leave.

At this point, I will only call this a rumor (but the gondola system is a rumor and happening, the Rat ride at EPCOT is only a rumor and is happening, the Speedway removal is a rumor and is happening, the new DVC at CBR is a rumor and is happening and the Star Wars themed BOUTIQUE resort experience is a rumor and is most definitely happening).

As to what will replace it, that is unclear at present and one source even suggests it could remain with a new Stitch overlay reusing the pricey AA just like TDL has, but I don't see that.

And with other plans for Adventureland percolating, and Disney having no care for its past beyond shilling merchandise and D23 events and the like, I would expect Jose and Fritz and Company to fly away for good in the near future.

Kman101

That does suck. I can't say I'm surprised. I don't want Stitch invading but if the birds stay as part of it ... ugh.

Do they not learn from their mistakes? Why would a new show with Stitch be better received?

They continue to mess with things they don't need to.

When are the Country Bears getting their notice then? Ugh again.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Well that sucks, if it turns out to be true.

It isn't drawing people at all. This isn't Anaheim. WDW is a 'gotta ride all the rides and meet all the characters because we're blowing 10 grand this week" kinda place.

While TDO/Disney loves being self reverential to sell tees (28&Main for instance) and pins and mugs and upcharge events, it absolutely doesn't care about its real living history. And today's WDW 'vacation' does not lend itself to slower paced attractions. Valuable real estate, just like all the land they put mini-mansions, timeshares, hotel rooms and shopping malls on.

WDW1974

Original Poster
That does suck. I can't say I'm surprised. I don't want Stitch invading but if the birds stay as part of it ... ugh.

Do they not learn from their mistakes? Why would a new show with Stitch be better received?

They continue to mess with things they don't need to.

When are the Country Bears getting their notice then? Ugh again.

I don't believe the Stitch tale. I believe it is making the rounds because multiple people have heard it. I believe they are killing the attraction. It follows other information I have, but am vetting a bit before putting out.

I think CBJ is relatively safe now. It pulls in good numbers and gets good guest satisfaction scores from what I'm told.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Probably replaced for a new high end restaurant. Thinking Disneyland's Tahitian Terrace meets Imagineering here. I mean, what attraction could really fit that limited space?

It's possible. I have raised that question with a few folks. ... Bars and upscale attraction and character based dining initiatives are very in (wait for Star Wars). Very average locations like Jock Lindsey's are doing very well by selling 'specialty' mugs and weak drinks to OCD fans.

Besides, there is another high end dining experience coming to the MK that fanbois will be dying to get in.:D;):cool:

Kman101

I don't believe the Stitch tale. I believe it is making the rounds because multiple people have heard it. I believe they are killing the attraction. It follows other information I have, but am vetting a bit before putting out.

I think CBJ is relatively safe now. It pulls in good numbers and gets good guest satisfaction scores from what I'm told.

Thanks.

Very happy to hear CBJ pulls in good numbers. Wonder why Tiki Room doesn't? Oh well, can always visit it in Disneyland or Tokyo (with Stitch ...) I guess ... unless it's being ripped out there too? Although there would be pitchforks and riots if they tried I imagine.

Nemo14

It's possible. I have raised that question with a few folks. ... Bars and upscale attraction and character based dining initiatives are very in (wait for Star Wars). Very average locations like Jock Lindsey's are doing very well by selling 'specialty' mugs and weak drinks to OCD fans.

Besides, there is another high end dining experience coming to the MK that fanbois will be dying to get in.:D;):cool:
HM?

TalkingHead

Last couple of times I saw it, the guests seemed to enjoy it, but how pitiful that Disney can't keep this attraction, given its tiny footprint. If they put something popular there, it would just add to the area's congestion. One of those things where it seems to require a small-scale diversion, so why not leave it as-is with its nod to Disney history. Wouldn't be a bad idea to add the historical context to the preshow a la Carousel of Progress.

Seriously, if this minor attraction shoved in a corner is worth axing, you have to wonder how they justify keeping COP, whose footprint actually is valuable.

TeriofTerror

The remains of the Tropical Serenade aka The Enchanted Tiki Room (aka a Top 10 Fanboi nostalgia lovefest) looks like it is about to fly the coop for good.

According to multiple sources, the attraction, which saw a reprieve a few years ago when it went back to a shortened version of the original 1971 show from the poorly received Under New Management update following a fire that damaged the facility, is on the chopping block and very, very likely to leave.

At this point, I will only call this a rumor (but the gondola system is a rumor and happening, the Rat ride at EPCOT is only a rumor and is happening, the Speedway removal is a rumor and is happening, the new DVC at CBR is a rumor and is happening and the Star Wars themed BOUTIQUE resort experience is a rumor and is most definitely happening).

As to what will replace it, that is unclear at present and one source even suggests it could remain with a new Stitch overlay reusing the pricey AA just like TDL has, but I don't see that.

And with other plans for Adventureland percolating, and Disney having no care for its past beyond shilling merchandise and D23 events and the like, I would expect Jose and Fritz and Company to fly away for good in the near future.
":jawdrop:" Is my only response. I get that it's not a huge draw, but I really can't picture Adventureland without it. So, :jawdrop:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom