News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Kman101

I know it surprises some that UOR isn't loved by everyone. I enjoy it (was just there this week) but it does have a lot of repetition when it comes to relying on screens and high thrills. They're fun but not everyone likes to be jerked around (Transformers and Spiderman are great but can be rough ...) or can handle a motion simulator so that leaves little to do if someone isn't able to do them. Just a different perspective. I'm glad I don't have a problem with motion simulators, and because I don't do certain coasters, Rip, Hulk and Dragon are out for me, like I'm sure they are for a lot of people. Disney has a lot more variety with their attractions. Again, just trying to put in a different perspective. And some don't like getting soaked ... but they all of that appeals to a certain audience Universal has and it's worked for them but they do need to cool it with the simulation. Nintendo can't come soon enough.

I like that we have a balance with SWL. A simulator that gives the impression you are piloting the Falcon and what sounds like an amazing LPS attraction with animatronics and sets mixed with screens. And with Pandora there's a simulator but there's also an immersive boat ride. It's balance.

mickEblu

I like that we have a balance with SWL. A simulator that gives the impression you are piloting the Falcon and what sounds like an amazing LPS attraction with animatronics and sets mixed with screens. And with Pandora there's a simulator but there's also an immersive boat ride. It's balance.

I agree with all this except for the Pandora boat ride. That has "underwhelming" written all over it.

Last edited:

mickEblu

That Pandora boat ride is only 4 minutes long? Really? Has that been confirmed? That seems like a particularly bad decision to build something like that, hype it to high heaven, and have it only be four minutes long.

Except StorybookLand Canal Boats is 7 minutes long.

Yes, unfortunately. @marni1971 confirmed this In the WDW Avatar forum I believe. I may be exaggerating and it's 4 minutes even or a little over 4.

GiveMeTheMusic

Ya it's certainly no E-ticket. I think that's where people might get mislead and immediately will be let down.

If you expect a storybook land canal boats C-ticket, I think it will impress a bit more.

WDW already has the market cornered on lame boat rides (love you Gran Fiesta Tour!). They should have swung for the fences here instead of bunting. I hope the land itself is amazing because I've never been less excited about two new rides.

D

Deleted member 107043

Kelly-Rowland-Excited-Reaction-Gif.gif

I don't care what anyone says, this is going to be the greatest thing ever at Disneyland. I can't wait!

BrianLo

Original Poster

I'm curious what they showed on screen that they didn't let them record. If someone finds a report of that footage somewhere from someone who attended please let us know!

The other highlight in the video is that Scott Trowbridge confirmed that D23 will be a big showcase for the land. This was way more than I was expecting out of Star Wars Celebration! I'm fairly confident the model will be at D23.

Curious Constance

I'm curious what they showed on screen that they didn't let them record. If someone finds a report of that footage somewhere from someone who attended please let us know!

The other highlight in the video is that Scott Trowbridge confirmed that D23 will be a big showcase for the land. This was way more than I was expecting out of Star Wars Celebration! I'm fairly confident the model will be at D23.
I was all ready to see that video then it was skipped right over!!!!! Nooooooo!!!

Snow Queen

I was all ready to see that video then it was skipped right over!!!!! Nooooooo!!!

I watched it before they took it down and edited that part out, it was this:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom