Votes: 109 75.2%
  • At the end of your stay

Votes: 36 24.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
I have heard of people doing either one of these. I usually tip on the last day, but wanted to see how many people do what.

Thanks!

DisAl

Daily. As mentioned above, the person who services your room can be different on different days.
And if you want your room really well serviced, pick up your stuff off the floor before you leave for the day! They are not supposed to move your stuff around, and if you leave it scattered all over the place they cannot service your room properly. We always "straighten up" before we leave for the day to make their job easier and our room has always been in perfect condition when we return.

Becky

It has in the past but didn't work in Jan. at POP. But then the girl doing the work was due any day at the time.
We most often stay at Pop. I tip daily as mousekeepers will change during most stays. I have tipped and not got ten towel animals and tipped and gotten them daily. On our last Pop stay (Feb. 4-11) we got some really clever and well made towel animals every day. Our last two stays resulted in the best overall mousekeeper service ever at any Disney resort were we have stayed.

21stamps

Tipping daily will lead to cute animal towels! :)
Not in my experience. But we did get one on 1 day in 2015! It was a Yoda. So cute!

We always tip at the end of the week.

At our last stay at Sports (Sept 2016) mousekeeping hid my daughters stuffed animals one day & left a note about how they were playing hide & seek while we were out. It was cute :)

Wow! That's awesome!

BigRedDad

I am in the category of Mousekeeping is part of the room price. People may be against me, but everyone now wants a tip for doing what they are paid to do. They expect me to pay even more for a room that is already extremely bloated. If Mousekeeping was an option, they would list that separately from the room rate as an addon. We do not make a mess in our room and making a bed that I am simply going to mess up again is not worth more than I have already paid.

MickeyMomV

So I am one that is in full support for tipping somebody for a job well done. I'll tip a waiter or waitress for good service, a delivery guy for a timely delivery, a taxi driver for a safe and quick ride, I'll even tip my tattoo guy for following the lines, but I rarely tip Mousekeeping. Like others have said I want the money to go to the person who does the job but I don't like to tip in advance. By leaving daily tips you are tipping in the hopes that the person does the job they are supposed to do and maybe does that little extra. Like others have said I don't like tipping at the end of the trip because you never know who will get the tips. The weekday person could have done a fantastic job and deserved a tip but the weekend person was horrible. So if you check out on a Sunday are you going to lower your tip because Saturday was rough or are you going to tip well because of the overall stay and let the weekend person, who kinda sucked, take the good tips of the weekday person. I know this is probably the wrong mindset to have and we are willing to try something new for our trip in November if somebody has a better thought process on this.

The towel animals... We have received them on a regular basis in deluxe hotels, rarely in mods, and never in values.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I tip daily, for the reasons already mentioned. You probably won't have the same person for your whole stay. And rightly or wrongly, I think it gets you better service. Our daughter naps around 1:00 so there's a tight window in the morning for us to have the room cleaned. It may be a coincidence, but I've found that requesting early service at the front desk combined with daily gratuity ensures that the room will always be ready when we get back from the park.

How much do you tip daily?
I start at $1 per person per day, so $3 for my family. I increase it to $5 if they're doing an excellent job.

I have not seen animal towels at Disney in over 10 years.
I don't get them every night, but definitely a few times per week. More often, they'll set up my daughter's stuffed animals in some kind of cute scene.

I am in the category of Mousekeeping is part of the room price. People may be against me, but everyone now wants a tip for doing what they are paid to do. They expect me to pay even more for a room that is already extremely bloated. If Mousekeeping was an option, they would list that separately from the room rate as an addon. We do not make a mess in our room and making a bed that I am simply going to mess up again is not worth more than I have already paid.
Gratuity isn't purchasing a service, it's saying thank you to someone in a menial service job. It's not about the transaction between you and The Walt Disney Company, it's about the relationship between you and another human being. Try it, it feels good.

Last edited:

KrzyKtty

I am in the category of Mousekeeping is part of the room price. People may be against me, but everyone now wants a tip for doing what they are paid to do. They expect me to pay even more for a room that is already extremely bloated. If Mousekeeping was an option, they would list that separately from the room rate as an add-on. We do not make a mess in our room and making a bed that I am simply going to mess up again is not worth more than I have already paid.
The problem with this is the same for not tipping your server. Because they receive tips on a regular basis, Disney and other hotels lower their hourly pay rate. So while you may think that they are already being "paid" to do the job, they are being shorted on their pay by design due to the expectation of tips. You may not agree with the business decision, but it is not the fault of the employee trying to do their job for a decent salary either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom