Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi NO SPOILERS!!!!

Princess Leia

They just introduced Kelly Marie Tran, one of the new actors. She plays Rose, a maiteneance worker for the Resistance!
Idk if you have ever watched Firefly, but holy smokes, she reminds me of Kaylee Frye. Especially since Kaylee was originally written as an Asian character.
  • Maintenance on ships? Check
  • Similar hairstyle? Check
  • Asian? Check (at least until Kaylee went to a white actress)
  • Resistance? Check
  • Possibly falling in love with a character on the run? Check (I'm just guessing here since she's going to be hanging out with Finn)

RMichael21

Original Poster
New Teaser Poster:
C9YRt1SXkAEYN-k.jpg

ppete1975

I just wonder if the last sentence is cut off.... end...... the sith.... this war etc... or if he just means the old jedi rules and ways and now we can use lightning we can love we just fight for good

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Did anyone watch the 40th Panel? Even with the technical glitches in the stream (I watched a recording of it), great stuff for SW fans. :D Especially the line about Harrison Ford landing on I-4!!! :hilarious:

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
The technical glitches were all down to Verizon as the International steam I watched had 0 problems, and yes that I-4 joke was great.

Jimmy Thick

Wow.

Just wow.

Disney owning the Star Wars franchise has kicked it up so much into popular culture its making Lucas's run with it look rather pedestrian and embarrassing. The trailer, a little lackluster in my opinion, still makes me wish the film was out right now. Disney is pushing the right buttons and playing the right angles to get fans pumped up.

This film will make easy around 1.8 billion. If it tops Empire in terms of story and quality it will top Avatar.

Figments Friend

Nice trailer.
Wish this had been released on the big screen though...would have been a awesome pre-film experience in a theater with a audience around you.
The teaser for 'Force Awakens' was rather memorable in that respect.

Lots to see here, and lots to talk about theory wise.
This should keep fans busy for the next few months...!

-

Tick Tock

http://www.avclub.com/article/people-very-much-disagree-its-time-jedi-end-253756

There's some non-Disney friendly language in here, but it gave me several chuckles.
I noticed an error in the article.
“I only know one truth,” Luke says. “It’s time for the Jedi to end.”
But if you listen closely to the trailer, isn't that Adam Driver's voice saying that? Luke can be heard earlier in the trailer saying other things, but I could have sworn that was Kylo Ren who says that final, grim sentence. (?) Maybe I'm wrong, and need to re-listen with headphones.

As for the trailer itself, love it. Shows just enough, yet keeps us guessing. I hope the movie lives up to the hype. I was so impressed with Rogue One last December, this will certainly have some big shoes to fill.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom