25th Anniversary

donsullivan

Premium Member
Besides the grand celebration opening show in the morning, a special cavalcade with all the characters was presented two times in the afternoon. A nice video from Mousesteps:

The Cavalcade was absolutely amazing (I'm here now). I have never seen so many characters in one place at one time in all my years of visiting Disney parks. Some of the most obscure and rare characters you can even imagine including those from Treasure Planet, Roger AND Jessica Rabbit and oh so many more. In addition, we marveled at the amount of money that was clearly spent on the costumes of all of the other performers. We saw the first one from back behind a crowd that was easily 10 people deep and were so impressed, we camped on the curb for a couple of hours immediately after the first one ended waiting for the second one and didn't regret it for a minute once it came by.

I was here on opening day back in 92 and I can truly say that the park looks just as wonderful as it did back then when everything was brand new. I still think Disneyland Park in Paris is the most beautiful castle park that Disney has ever been built.

Last edited:

Kman101

I just really hope this spectacular little birthday party becomes an iconic piece for two reasons.
1. I'm pretty sure this is the first time there's been a dance between Aurora and Philip in front of Le Chateau in it's full glory and in a of couple very nice, unique costumes that fit the most storybook of the castles.
2. It shows what Disney is capable of with these anniversary celebrations and all Disney needs to do is throw a buck in to make this kind of one off spectacular, elaborate, beautiful, nostalgic show that takes that feeling of joy and magic very few moments receive now and stretches it into a full hour and all you needed was a regular park ticket.

Also,
Is anyone else completely blown away by Catherine Powell every time they see her or is that just me?

I agree. Just a little money goes a long way. It doesn't take a lot to appease the fans IMHO if they just try.

I like Powell. She doesn't sound like she's reading a canned pixie dust magical PR letter to the crowd like Chapek or anyone who runs the other parks.

brb1006

The Cavalcade was absolutely amazing (I'm here now). I have never seen so many characters in one place at one time in all my years of visiting Disney parks. Some of the most obscure and rare characters you can even imagine including those from Treasure Planet, Roger AND Jessica Rabbit and oh so many more. In addition, we marveled at the amount of money that was clearly spent on the costumes of all of the other performers. We saw the first one from back behind a crowd that was easily 10 people deep and were so impressed, we camped on the curb for a couple of hours immediately after the first one ended waiting for the second one and didn't regret it for a minute once it came by.

I was here on opening day back in 92 and I can truly say that the park looks just as wonderful as it did back then when everything was brand new. I still think Disneyland Park in Paris is the most beautiful castle park that Disney has ever been built.
The park sure has come a long way.

cjkeating

I agree. Just a little money goes a long way. It doesn't take a lot to appease the fans IMHO if they just try.

I like Powell. She doesn't sound like she's reading a canned pixie dust magical PR letter to the crowd like Chapek or anyone who runs the other parks.

I really hope Powell stays around
She always feels genuine and you can tell she likes the job. Can't say that for Chapek.

Chapek was so awful at the launch of the 25th anniversary.

I really hope Powell stays around, at least into the run up for the 30th. I feel like she is going to be promoted out of DLP quite quickly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom