Mobile ordering and where it will go next.

Kingoglow

This option should be added to the hotels right away.
Mobile ordering breakfast from your room could save a lot of time. Or ordering that pizza while on the bus back to your hotel.

Dads 2 Boys

Look at what happened at Starbucks though. So many people use the mobile app to pre order their coffee and now the line for pick up is waaaay longer than the regular line. It only works when the store is not busy. Removing people from a line does not speed anything up if you still have to produce the same amount of food/drinks/whatever.

Our local Publix now allows you to place your deli order online and then pick it up later. I have walked up to the deli many times and there is no line, but I end up standing their for 5-10 minutes while the one or two deli employees prepare the massive amount of online orders. I have seen people who pre-ordered walk up an wait because their order is not ready, or it was incorrect. You wait either way

I don't agree. I use the Chipotle app all the time and never wait. I go right to he register and pick it up. Oh my way I go.

This seems to work the same way by it's description.

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
We participated in a beta test of an online ordering program at Backlot Express like a year ago. They had problems with the order and comped our whole meal. But that was testing so not surprised there were issues. That being said, I'm all for online ordering. Hope they do expanded it beyond Avatar.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I don't agree. I use the Chipotle app all the time and never wait. I go right to he register and pick it up. Oh my way I go.

This seems to work the same way by it's description.
Did I reference the Chipotle app? No, I did not. So I do not agree with you either. I was referencing the places I have seen and/or used a "pre-order" style app and it was not much better than standing in line. I think the concept is great, the execution was not. If Chiptole is doing right, thats great, Perhaps other companies can learn from them.

Dads 2 Boys

Did I reference the Chipotle app? No, I did not. So I do not agree with you either. I was referencing the places I have seen and/or used a "pre-order" style app and it was not much better than standing in line. I think the concept is great, the execution was not. If Chiptole is doing right, thats great, Perhaps other companies can learn from them.

But what Disney is referring to is the same thing from what I'm understanding.....

slappy magoo

Online ordering is great, I think the main point is that all semblance of spontaneity is going going gone. I work in technology and fully appreciate it's appeal and value but man, I sometimes long for doing something off the cuff like we used to do. Nostalgic, perhaps, but also somewhat satisfying to do something unplanned. Just thinking about it makes me feel naughty ..
But of course, unless things "evolve" to the point where people MUST mobile-order in advance, you can still choose to wait on line and be spontaneous, decide what you want the nanosecond you're asked "what would you like?"

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
No need to stand in line at the cashier is probably the main benefit. Might be a shorter wait if you can just go straight up to the collection counter.
I think I read somewhere that McDonalds is adopting the same system in the UK, order on the app, check in on arrival and collection from the counter.

Chick fil a already has such an app in the US. Exactly as you stated... you order and pay on the app, when you get there you push a button in the app to check in (letting them know to make/bag your food), then you go to a special collection counter. I personally like it because I can peruse through the app as long as I want without feeling pressured from the people behind/around me to "hurry up and order" and without any distractions from the cashiers trying to "up-sell". Works well for my kids too because they can see up close what all of the options are (the app has pictures of everything) allowing my kids to pick out something that we know they'll actually eat. Things can get pretty hectic/stressful when you're in a line for food (especially with kids) and whenever you can eliminate this line, I'm all for it! If I have the option to find a quite bench to sit down with my family to figure out what each of us wants, order as we walk to the venue, then pick up the food and go, I'd be all for it. Extra bonus points if at the typical quick serve locations, they could use your magic bands to locate where you sat and then just bring the food directly to your table when you check-in.

DisneyOutsider

Bump..

Me and my party used mobile ordering for the first time over the busy period from Xmas to New Years and LOVED IT. I really wish we had started using this sooner. If you're going during a busier time, I would highly recommend setting up your payment profile on the app ahead of time and becoming familiar with which restaurants offer mobile ordering. It will save you time and stress. Seemed to me that even in this busy time, not too many other guests were hip to the idea, making it a great benefit for now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom