Pre-Trip Starting Sissy's Senior Year with a Bang!

Well, here I am yet again LOL! Yes, we just got back 2 months ago but we are now AP holders, so that means we have to use them! As the title says, my daughter, a.k.a Sissy, will be starting her Senior year of High School! :coldfeet::jawdrop: Where has the time gone?! What better way to celebrate than with a mother/daughter trip to our fave place? Plus, the deal I got was WAAAAYYYY too good to pass up! Here we gooooo....
@21stamps @*Flynnderella* @lostpro9het @bee @MySmallWorldof4 @wdisney9000 @joshsprincess921 @kaitertot5249 @mlegerto @Tony the Tigger @gdisneyfans @ajrwdwgirl @Tuvalu @Zipitidoda @amjt660 @Jess G @PacNWTigger @Direwolf27 @blgauger @Ciara @mattchu758 @Doc Disney @prfctlyximprct @Figment Forever

WHO: This trip is just me and my 17 yr old daughter, Brooklyn.

WHEN: August 17-22, 2017

WHERE: I'm sure you're all assuming FQ, but this time we will be staying at.....CBR! Why the change you ask? Especially since after our last stay there in 2013 we swore it off. The deal I got was AMAZING! Because of the construction, Disney was offering a $75 Disney gift card PER NIGHT! So for a 5 night stay, we will receive $375 upon check-in! That's what we will use for food and other purchases. I originally booked the room with no discounts, and I honestly assumed that Disney wouldn't allow a room discount to be applied with the GC offer. I was wrong! When the summer discounts were released I applied it to my reservation and got $191.50 off! I had to upgrade to a king room, but that's fine with us. A few weeks later, another discount(I keep wanting to say Passholder, but can't remember) was released, and I got ANOTHER $132 off! So from booking to now, I've gotten $325 off!! That's like 2 free nights! The resort will have no food court or gift shop, but who cares?! They will have ''pop up'' food courts and buffets. We don't plan on being at the resort much anyway, so we will eat and shop elsewhere.

One of the reasons I swore this resort off was the bus system. I just can't get over the fact that you drive around the resort for 84 minutes to 612 other stops picking people up. No thanks!!!! That's why I love FQ with all my little black soul. Brook mentioned that maybe we have such a bad taste in our mouths about CBR because of the trip itself, and my MIL who was there:rolleyes:. It was a nightmare to say the least! That being said, we are both pretty positive about the resort. We have decided to use Uber if we try the buses and don't like them.

WHY: As if we ever need an excuse to go to Disney, but when we got the AP'S I knew I would have to squeeze in a long weekend in the summer and a trip at Christmas to ''get my money's worth''. Also, we will be touring another school Brook is interested in, Embry-Riddle.

127 DAYS TO GO GANG!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
So as you all know our last trip was super busy and jammed packed with activities. This trip will be the total opposite. Hopefully. As you all know I love making ADR's but I've decided to keep it to just 2 table service meals this trip. I was originally thinking CRT because Brook has never been, but when I mentioned it she didn't seem to care. So, that got scratched off the list. I figured we would each pick a spot, so my choice is BOG. We've been there for lunch a few times, but never dinner. I started looking for ressies and of course had no luck! Then, my best pal @21stamps let me use her Touring Plans acct because I was too stupid to figure out how to sign up myself. I entered my selection and hoped for the best. I woke up to a text a few days later, but by the time I looked 5 hrs later it was gone. I got a 2nd text and literally checked within 3 mins and it too was gone! I was starting to think that I wasn't going to get lucky! Finally, I had my phone im my hand and got a text! I was able to snag the reservation!!
bogressie.png

So on our last night we will be dining with the Beast!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
How awesome to go back so soon. I may have to look into AP's, I'm getting a little jealous of all you guys going a few times a year. :) I hope all goes well at CBR. I bet it will be nice, I've heard great things about it from friends that have been there. It's actually their favorite Moderate resort.

Thank you! I think CBR is pretty, and the main pool is nice. I actually really liked the food court, but it was a combination of the buses and my MIL that made the trip unbearable! She was THE WORSTTTTT! So bad that we planned a ''recovery'' trip 5 months later for Valentine's Day of 2014 lol. I've posted in a few diff forums on what happened, so I'd don't want to seem redundant to you guys, but if you've never heard the stories of 2013 I'd be happy to share!

21stamps

Thank you! I think CBR is pretty, and the main pool is nice. I actually really liked the food court, but it was a combination of the buses and my MIL that made the trip unbearable! She was THE WORSTTTTT! So bad that we planned a ''recovery'' trip 5 months later for Valentine's Day of 2014 lol. I've posted in a few diff forums on what happened, so I'd don't want to seem redundant to you guys, but if you've never heard the stories of 2013 I'd be happy to share!
I've never heard it! Dish!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
I've never heard it! Dish!

Ok, the nightmare of 2013. Like I've said before Kevin and I were both single parents when we met. He had full custody of all 3 of his kids, who when we went to Disney in 2013 were 11, 10 and 7.5. He had always wanted to take them but logistically it never worked out because he would have had no help to wrangle all those brats AND he had never been before. His mom hoped that one day she'd be able to take them, but again...not possible. I got the bright idea to take everyone. Me, Kevin, MIL, Brook and his 3 kids. We decided on 2 connecting rooms at CBR with the DDP. We opted to get preferred rooms because his mother has COPD. Kevin's middle child ended up going with her mom(they all have the same mom) on her vacation and didn't come with us, so it was just 6 of us who ended up going. The trip was booked in my name which was a mistake because his parents aren't very well off. Not even making ends meet. So needless to say, I never got anything close to the $1k she owed me. Anyway we get to the airport and there are only 5 seats for the 6 of us. Brook and I volunteered to stay behind, but Kevin is a VERY nervous flyer so he wanted to stay with me especially since I had done the ME and all that before. So Brook and the MIL stay behind. She was 13 at the time, but I knew she' be fine navigating MCO and getting on the ME. I gave Brook some money for breakfast because MIL didn't have any....I should have seen all this coming. So I buy her breakfast too. Whatever. They arrive at CBR a few hrs after we did, and all was fine until she mentions that she would have liked to get the free flight voucher that Brook and I were keeping. Ummm...you literally have no electricity a few times a month due to non-payment...where, when and how exactly are you going to be travelling by plane?! So that annoyed me, but I brushed it off.

Our first day at the parks she REFUSED to get a wheelchair and walked 20 feet behind us ALL DAY! Wouldn't ride anything other than Pirates, IASW, and things like that. So she basically sat on benches alone all day while we rode with the kids. When Kevin suggested that she go back and hang at the resort she accused him of trying to get ride of her! Then he suggested that she take the little one to swim and have lunch, and she accused him of only wanting her there to be a babysitter. So...sit alone all day and follow us ride to ride, or go back to the hotel and relax?! Whatever.

On the monorail Brook excitedly recited....Please stand clear of the doors...and she accused her of showing off. That really made me mad and I explained that it's a ''thing''. There is merchandise with the saying and allllll the kids do it!

We had an ADR at Prime Time for lunch one day and she said that a place like that ...'' gives kids the wrong idea and teaches them bad manners.'' Anyway...we enjoyed our meal and the kids loved it even with that downer at the table. Then, Kevin and I realize that our ToT FP was expiring in 15 mins so we had to hurry! Kevin told his mom to sit in the air and relax with her dessert, because of course she wasn't going to ride. Her response? ''I can't sit here with all these empty plates! People will think I ordered all this food!'' And she was DEAD SERIOUS!:banghead: So she followed us and sat on the benches by the ToT bathrooms for almost an hour while we rode.

Those are the worst of the stories...but I'm sure you get the picture!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom