Star Wars - Forces of Destiny

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
upload_2017-4-13_0-21-52.png

http://nerdist.com/star-wars-forces-of-destiny-launches-with-animated-shorts-and-adventure-figures/

Star Wars Forces of Destiny is a multifaceted program centered around original, animated shorts. They’ll focus on acts of everyday heroism from characters such as Rey, Jyn Erso, Sabine Wren, Princess Leia, Ahsoka Tano, and more. And yes, all those characters will be voiced by actors you already know and love. That means Daisy Ridley as Rey, Felicity Jones as Jyn, and even Lupita Nyong’o as Maz Kanata, and of course Tiya Sircar and Ashley Eckstein will voice Sabine and Ahsoka.

The Forces of Destiny animated micro-series will air on Disney’s YouTube channel in July, and the shorts will be followed by a two-part TV special on Disney Channel in the fall, as well as book releases

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
More detailed info - http://ew.com/movies/2017/04/13/star-wars-female-heroes-forces-of-destiny-stories/

The primary goal of Forces of Destiny was to reach novice fans – especially young girls who haven’t previously felt welcome in the fandom. But they’re meant to also appeal broadly. “That’s really the challenge: How do we make this relevant for somebody who is new to Star Wars – and someone who has experienced all of Star Wars,” Beck says. “We have these new access points for kids, but [the shorts] aren’t so reliant on knowing everything else that’s happened in Star Wars history.”

Princess Leia

I know I said this on the other thread it was in, but kudos to Disney. This was a long time coming for them, and I'm glad they've created this series (and line of toys).

I'm mostly just familiar with the film canon, but know quite a bit about the original Extended Universe (RIP Mara Jade) since I used to read all about it on the old Star Wars website in the 90s. By including the TV characters, that should help create new viewers to the show. If I was a kid, I'd be the prime target for these shorts, books, and toys. Actually, I kind of want the Leia doll for 25 year old self lol :p

Now if only they could get moving on some Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Wasp, and Sharon Carter toys and dolls....

Can we go yet?

The art style is a bit off putting, but I love anything with Ahsoka in it so I'll watch it. :p Glad to see Disney embracing these characters, now if only they could make Leia a Jedi....

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
This is off-putting and strikes me as counter-productive from an inclusion perspective. "It's Star Wars... for girls!" implies that mainline "regular" Star Wars stuff is only for boys, which I think is the opposite of the strategy that Disney / Lucasfilm should be taking. The dolls are also super creepy from a strictly aesthetic perspective. Jyn and Rey look okay but Leia and Sabine are big misses.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
View attachment 199491

http://nerdist.com/star-wars-forces-of-destiny-launches-with-animated-shorts-and-adventure-figures/

Star Wars Forces of Destiny is a multifaceted program centered around original, animated shorts. They’ll focus on acts of everyday heroism from characters such as Rey, Jyn Erso, Sabine Wren, Princess Leia, Ahsoka Tano, and more. And yes, all those characters will be voiced by actors you already know and love. That means Daisy Ridley as Rey, Felicity Jones as Jyn, and even Lupita Nyong’o as Maz Kanata, and of course Tiya Sircar and Ashley Eckstein will voice Sabine and Ahsoka.

The Forces of Destiny animated micro-series will air on Disney’s YouTube channel in July, and the shorts will be followed by a two-part TV special on Disney Channel in the fall, as well as book releases

Definite watch for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom