Votes: 5 13.9%
  • The Garden Grill

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Ackershus Royal Banquet Hall

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters

Dana223

Original Poster
I am traveling to disney with 5 friends. We are all in our twenty's but still love the Disney atmosphere! We want to do a character breakfast. Our choices are Chef Mickeys, 1900 Park Fare, The Garden Grill or Ackershus Royal Banquet Hall. Ackershus is last on the list now, just because I'm not crazy about the menu but feel free to persuade me!

Our schedule is:
Monday: Epcot (we would do breakfast at 1900 Park Fare at 9:05 or one of the Epcot character breakfasts) or
Tuesday (our last day-catching an 8:30 pm flight home): Breakfast at Chef Mickeys 7:25, 1900 Park Fare 8:30 or Chef Mickeys 10:45

MickeyMomV

No O'hana?? Of the ones you listed we would do Chef Mickey's as my DS is a fan of the Tots. But since they removed the cheese sauce that may change.

Dana223

Original Poster
No O'hana?? Of the ones you listed we would do Chef Mickey's as my DS is a fan of the Tots. But since they removed the cheese sauce that may change.

What are the perks of O'hana? There are reservations available for the days I am looking so that is a possibility. What characters are there besides Lilo and Stitch?

Disney4family

Pluto & Mickey are also at 'Ohana. It's a family-style breakfast.
We've done Chef Mickey's, 'Ohana and 1900 Park Fare for breakfast. We've eaten at The Garden Grill, but not for breakfast.
I chose Chef Mickey's. It's classic WDW to us - The Contemporary, the monorail overhead & the Fab 5. I would take the 7:25 am the day you leave. The line to check in and get your picture taken backs up pretty early. We'll be doing this our last day with a similar time for our flight home in September.
Here are some other reviews -
http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/showproduct.php?product=163&title=chef-mickey-s-breakfast&cat=43
http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/...tle=1900-park-fare-character-breakfast&cat=46
http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/...=akershus-royal-banquet-hall-breakfast&cat=34
http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/...ohana-best-friends-character-breakfast&cat=48
http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/...s-harvest-feast-breakfast-garden-grill&cat=34

LeighM

I really enjoyed breakfast at Akershus. I like the cold buffet options (completely addicted to the gjetost cheese LOL) and the family style American breakfast. My favorite character breakfast is actually Tusker House in AK because they have more interesting options that I can't find anywhere else.

My husband's plate with his options from the buffet. Mine was similar except I had more of the herring or mackerel and the previously mentioned gjetost cheese.
2016-10-03 08.31.11.jpg

And here's the family style hot entree. The cheesy potatoes were really good. This was just for a party of 2 and we were not able to finish it. Definitely more than it looks like in this picture!
2016-10-03 08.38.24.jpg

Epcotfan21

I am traveling to disney with 5 friends. We are all in our twenty's but still love the Disney atmosphere! We want to do a character breakfast. Our choices are Chef Mickeys, 1900 Park Fare, The Garden Grill or Ackershus Royal Banquet Hall. Ackershus is last on the list now, just because I'm not crazy about the menu but feel free to persuade me!

Our schedule is:
Monday: Epcot (we would do breakfast at 1900 Park Fare at 9:05 or one of the Epcot character breakfasts) or
Tuesday (our last day-catching an 8:30 pm flight home): Breakfast at Chef Mickeys 7:25, 1900 Park Fare 8:30 or Chef Mickeys 10:45
Why not consider breakfast at Cape May on the Epcot day? It's one of the best character breakfast options in all of the World, in my opinion and it doesn't get much better than finishing breakfast and walking to Epcot thru the International Gateway.

jazznrachie

I honestly think Chef Mickey's is the most overrated restaurant in Disney. I'd go to 'Ohana over that any day. I don't have experience with the others you mentioned. Although we enjoyed Tusker House in AK most of all.

rob0519

Chef Mickey's: Sort of a tradition with our family. Where else can you get the big five characters on which the franchise was built all in one place? If that's important to you, this is your place. That being said, for the price the food is dreadful. Think an iHop or Denney's buffet.

1900 Park Faire: Haven't had breakfast there in a while, but at the time it was the characters from Alice in Wonderland. It's a lovely room with some of the better quality breakfast buffet on the property. If food is more important than original characters, this is a great choice.

thomas998

The biggest question you need to ask is are you going to character or food... If you want the classic character then Chef Mickey's is the best option because they are what they are character wise... If you are talking food first then Chef Mickey's is probably the bottom of your list with Garden Grill battling for the bottom, it really isn't that special just the basic food you can get anywhere, well anywhere else would probably be a little better and a lot cheaper... If you want the best food of those then I would do Ackershus and enjoy everything except the goat cheese which I'm sorry it maybe good for you but it tastes like c&*p.... but that's only one item you need to stay away from... but of course the character are princesses so it tends to be a place favored by those looking for the princesses only you know which characters your looking for.

You do have another option though which is have a late breakfast at one of those places that is timed so it is the lunch menu. The lunch menus are generally much better than the breakfasts which are always the weakest meals at Disney places.

Oh, I skipped 1900 because its out of the way for your group... which is a good reason to strike Chef Mickey from your list as well. If you plan is to be at EPCOT then I would stick with a place in EPCOT which is another reason to do Ackershus which has a very good lunch and if you still want to indulge in goat's cheese they had that when we did lunch there as well (probably trying to get rid of it anyway they can).

yedliW

I'm a big fan of Ohana for breakfast.

Garden Grille is a good option as well.

We'll be doing Akershus this fall, looking forward to it!

Kingoglow

I voted for Chef Mickey's because the little kid in me loves Mickey Donald and Goofy.

However, for a group of friends in their mid twenty's I would probably suggest going to 1900 Park. The breakfast line-up of characters at 1900 Park cannot be beat and some of them are face characters so you have better interactions with them. The Mad Hatter and Alice are top notch.

1900 Park feels much less chaotic than Chef Mickey's at that time of day so your group can better relax and slowly ease into your day.

BAChicagoGal

Last September, I had a birthday lunch at The Garden Grill. It was so delicious, and so much fun. The characters came by our table a few times. The characters did not rush the kids, and gave them lots of attention. We took a whole lot of great photos. Best time that I have had at a character meal in a long time. Of course, I also got a special desert, honoring my birthday, and a souvenir photo.

zurgandfriend

Our Favorites are Crystal Palace (Winnie the Pooh and Co.) or Chef Mickey’s (Mickey, Donald, Daisy, Goofy and Pluto) we go for the experience. If we go for the breakfast food, we visit Kona Café or Grand Floridian Café.

Deno

For classic characters and ambience definitely Chef Mickey's but IMHO the food there is dreadful for the price. This will be the first year we will skip it because of that.

'Ohaha is great food and they have a really nice tropical juice with that breakfast. Anyone know what that is called?

Garden Grill is always good for us. Chip n Dale always seem to spend time with the kids, sometimes sitting next to us and drawing with the kids crayons etc. etc. great fun.

But yeah, my fave is Crystal Palace, Winnie The Pooh and friends, it's great getting an early reservation and heading down a relatively deserted Main Street USA. Has that changed now though? Do they allow everyone in early for the new welcome show? Anyway, breakfast lasagne is something I really liked there :)

Rlandrigan

Garden Grill! You're already at Epcot, it's an awesome, laid back affair compared to the chaos that is Chef Mickey's, not the dark dank Akershsus, and it's cool to see The Land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom