Favorite Horror Movies? (Official Horror Movie Thread)

ElreTigo

Detailed costume look at Bill Skarsgard as Pennywise the clown from the upcoming remake of Stephen King's "It". Rumor has it we could get a teaser trailer sometime in March (?)
pennywise.png

mf1972

Detailed costume look at Bill Skarsgard as Pennywise the clown from the upcoming remake of Stephen King's "It". Rumor has it we could get a teaser trailer sometime in March (?)
pennywise.png
i read the book years ago & seen the tv movie version. i'm curious to see how this one turns out

ElreTigo

i read the book years ago & seen the tv movie version. i'm curious to see how this one turns out
It's supposed to be a lot darker than the TV version, which I thought was alright, and Tim Curry did a pretty decent job as Pennywise in it. Yet I thought there were parts where he acted a lot more comical (whether intentional or not) & sorta killed some scenes for me. But overall not a bad job. The main characters as adults I thought did far worse acting.

For the new movie version, Bill Skarsgard is taking the character to a whole new level allegedly. I'm optimistic how it'll turn out, as this was one of my all-time favorite horror stories.

disney4life2008

Not sure I'm going to be interested in AMC's Fearfest this year...half of it is dominated by Walking Dead marathons and I simply do not give a damn about Walking Dead.

Fear fest used to be amazing when they played nightmare, 13th, then Halloween all week. But walking dead is boring and when they do play the movies, it's too many commercials and cuts at the worst times

Tick Tock

Was never a fan of IT. But the trailer looks interesting.
One thing I'm concerned about with the trailer, especially the ending shot of the clown jolting forward in the flooded basement, is that I hope this doesn't turn into a jump scare fest; exchanging atmosphere and story-created fear with cheap, cliched, jump outta your seat moments.
I also hope this movie stays true to the original antagonists' character. What made the clown and the story as a whole terrifying to begin with were the clown's mannerisms as he went from calm & welcoming to downright terrifying. However, with the few brief shots we see him in this new movie trailer, it suggests he always comes across as sinister and in "spooky clown" mode, which is not how Stephen King created him. When he first appears to Georgie from the sewer drain, he doesn't just pop up with a demonic sneer as we see in the trailer, but rather talks / jokes with him as a friend, and gradually lures him closer before we see what truly lies beneath the makeup.
Of course, this could all be included in the new movie, and they're only showing us a few quick "gotcha!" moments in the teaser. Keeping my fingers crossed this turns out well.

disney4life2008

Get Out is an amazing film with a crazy cool plot twist that I heavily enjoyed. And to think, the film was thought up and directed by Jordan Peele from Comedy Central's Key and Peele show. Also a hilarious show with spectacular writing.

I just hope they don't do a get out 2. Some movies are best as a solo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom