Tomorrowland's Future

Professortango1

Considering Tron takes place in modern day, I never pegged it for Tomorrowland to begin with. I also hate the outdoor portion as it kind of ruins the illusion. Imagine is Space Mountain had an outdoor section, it just doesn't make sense.

I think it would also be weird to have Tron right next to Space Mountain considering how similar the two coasters would be.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
That guy on Twitter says it's going to be an Avengers Coaster not Capn Murrrica

Well you do know that Capt America is part of The Avengers. So in a sense its still a Capt America coaster, just with his Avenger buddies along for the "ride"...
------------Edit-----------
Sorry didn't refresh screen when I stepped away for a min, just saw replies with same comment lol

mickEblu

I know you are haha.

oh that's right he is, isn't he? Still hate it.
Well you do know that Capt America is part of The Avengers. So in a sense its still a Capt America coaster, just with his Avenger buddies along for the "ride"...
Sorry didn't refresh screen when I stepped away for a min, just saw replies with same comment lol

Ehhhh. Avengers. Captain America. I Still Hate It.

Professortango1

Only for the next movie or two.

D

Deleted member 107043

Reviving and old thread as the site that shall not be named has posted a rumor today that the Tron coaster from Shanghai will be coming to both Disneyland (likely taking over land where launch bay/America Sings/COP once stood) and at the MK (Grand Prix Raceway plot or perhaps a CM parking area behind TL).

*Internal screaming*

If this happens I may literally pass out.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Only for the next movie or two.

Just means it may be the end for Steve Rogers (Chris Evans). But there have been plenty of Marvel characters who have taken up the Capt suit. Bucky for example became Capt after Steve stepped down in the comics. So they can continue that story line in the MCU.

Travel Junkie

TL definitely needs a shot in the arm. If they could use this as an excuse to give the entire land some attention that would be a good thing.

I'm not sure how the ride system would work in the Marvel universe. I hope they wouldn't use the ride system because it worked for Tron. Just using the ride system and slapping a Marvel them on it would be a bad choice, similar to what they did with GOTG.

I'm leaving for Shanghai on Friday so I'll be sure to report back on if Tron lives up to the hype.

Figments Friend

Tron rocks.
I'm a big fan, love both films...still holding out hope for a Tr3n that doesn't take 20 something years to release.

The fantastic visual elements, underlying technology theme, and cool design elements related to the films I always throught would translate well into some kind of Attraction for the Parks.
Tomorrowlamd seemed a natural fit due to the slight futurism and technology themes present.
The potential for a real dynamic placemaking element within the land.

The design asthectic from the films is visually exciting to just look at as well....regardless of what some may think of the actual 'Tron' films themselves.

Well, they finally did get around to making a 'Tron' inspired ride or two over the last few years.
The Shanghai Tron Lightcycle coaster looks really terrific inside, but the Show building looks absolutely massive.
How on Earth could a building of that scale to hold the track structure be squeezed into the plot where Disneyland's old Carousel Theater is today?
Surely they would have to take a chunk of the Autopia away, or perhaps instead demo Pizza Port.
I could see it going to WDW instead, simply because of the larger land plot for its possible placement ( Speedway ).

I'd like to see the Lightcycles come to a Stateside Park...whichever ever one it ends up being in.
Come on scuzzy data, be in there...!
:)

-

D

Deleted member 107043

The Shanghai Tron Lightcycle coaster looks really terrific inside, but the Show building looks absolutely massive.
How on Earth could a building of that scale to hold the track structure be squeezed into the plot where Disneyland's old Carousel Theater is today?

Sounds like it could extend into Autopia. Either way the attraction could be scaled down much like Space Mountain was when it was built at Disneyland.

dweezil78

Considering Tron takes place in modern day, I never pegged it for Tomorrowland to begin with. I also hate the outdoor portion as it kind of ruins the illusion. Imagine is Space Mountain had an outdoor section, it just doesn't make sense.

I think you may be taking theming a little too literal -- especially when it comes to coaster-like attractions that don't involve big story-based sets. There's a lot to be said for attractions that add exciting kinetic energy to an area. It's the reason so many people fondly look back at old Tomorrowland and feel what we have now is so stale (among many other reasons.)

Professortango1

I think you may be taking theming a little too literal -- especially when it comes to coaster-like attractions that don't involve big story-based sets. There's a lot to be said for attractions that add exciting kinetic energy to an area. It's the reason so many people fondly look back at old Tomorrowland and feel what we have now is so stale (among many other reasons.)

Kinetics are great, but it would be like having Space Mountain pop outside for a random moment. The ride works because you are enclosed in "space." Tron needs to have people enclosed in the game grid and a random pop out of that world ruins the concept.

I have no problem with a ride similar to Tron, but not bound by the same IP, was brought to Tomorrowland and featured outdoor segments which worked thematically. Just no TRON.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom