• No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It wasn't gobos last year. They upgraded the lighting package and it was basically a light show set in time to the music. I actually thought it was fantastic.
Oh dear.

It used to be the LED lighting package the full length of the street and town square, plus moving mirror gobo projections through the windows onto the opposite buildings. Still in time to the music.

Cosmic Commando

Yeah. They scrapped the gobo projections going from that. Shame.
Maybe, but I think it had gotten pretty sorry at some point between the time that you are thinking of and now. @KevinYee documented it at sometime in the past. That video from last year looks a lot better than the washed out static lights and possibly no gobos that I remember at my last party in 2011.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Maybe, but I think it had gotten pretty sorry at some point between the time that you are thinking of and now. @KevinYee documented it at sometime in the past. That video from last year looks a lot better than the washed out static lights and possibly no gobos that I remember at my last party in 2011.
That video has only static lights. Or did I miss something?

For one of our last parties they'd gone LED and still had moving projections.

Cosmic Commando

That video has only static lights. Or did I miss something?

For one of our last parties they'd gone LED and still had moving projections.
I don't remember the interior lights on the upper floors flickering like that, but I was just trying to use "static" as a descriptor for those big flood lights or whatever they use for the big splashes of colors on the buildings.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
@MisterPenguin
That looks pretty empty, are all the paid parties like that?
I'm only comparing the crowd to Wishes crowding since I've never been.

It's usually empty like that for the 2nd showing of boo to you, After hallowishes tourists start leaving since it's already late.

Indeed, after FW and second parade, folks with small children are mostly out of there.

Also, the party nights are limited tickets. While they can seem crowded at times when everyone runs to the hub for the FW, it's definitely not packed-packed. Also, the party nights that happen earlier in the season often don't sell out and seem even way less crowded.

ToTBellHop

Indeed, after FW and second parade, folks with small children are mostly out of there.

Also, the party nights are limited tickets. While they can seem crowded at times when everyone runs to the hub for the FW, it's definitely not packed-packed. Also, the party nights that happen earlier in the season often don't sell out and seem even way less crowded.
It was noticeably less crowded in 2016 compared to 2015 for me (perhaps due to significant ticket price increases).

Disney2017

At last night's wishes the fireworks were different, some of the new fireworks were the small shells that Disneyland Ca uses but some other shells had some pretty nice effects but they still kept a few of the big shells.

jrhwdw

At last night's wishes the fireworks were different, some of the new fireworks were the small shells that Disneyland Ca uses but some other shells had some pretty nice effects but they still kept a few of the big shells.
I've been watching Wishes on periscope and Streaming Disney the past few days since Wishes ends 1 MONTH from today! Yes, that means that HEA is 1 month away tomorrow!

Anyway, I'm not sure I like the Wishes' Finale as of now. The only fan pyro (I think that's the right name) only comes at the very end of When You Wish... right before the Wishes theme ends the show. I assume we're having supply issues with fan pyro? Would be nice to restore the finale by May 11th! Would this spell any trouble going into HEA?

Disney Analyst

I've been watching Wishes on periscope and Streaming Disney the past few days since Wishes ends 1 MONTH from today! Yes, that means that HEA is 1 month away tomorrow!

Anyway, I'm not sure I like the Wishes' Finale as of now. The only fan pyro (I think that's the right name) only comes at the very end of When You Wish... right before the Wishes theme ends the show. I assume we're having supply issues with fan pyro? Would be nice to restore the finale by May 11th! Would this spell any trouble going into HEA?

I thought maybe they were being sneaky and putting in shell tests into wishes for HEA?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom