2010 Main Street Electrical Parade Deja Vu?

Do you want the Main Street Electrical Parade to be kept permanently at Disneyland Park?

• Yes

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 36 81.8%

• Total voters

Pam Hates Penguins

Original Poster
In 2010, for a LIMITED TIME, the Main Street Electrical Parade returned to the Magic Kingdom in Orlando, Florida. But they keep it permanently due to popular demand.

Then it returned to Disneyland in 2017, for a LIMITED TIME. They extend it to August 20, due to popular demand, instead of ending June 18.

I have a very good prediction. Maybe extending the Main Street Electrical Parade is part of a process to keep it permanently, just like at Disney World for a few years. At this point, I don't know what Paint the Night's fate is. Maybe moving it to California Adventure?

I may be wrong, but it's just a thought.

Figments Friend

The thought has crossed my mind in the past that perhaps BOTH might run at some point....one in each Park, but I'm sure the logistics and reasons behind that ever actually happening are pretty slim.
'Paint' would be a good way to lure crowds over to DCA, but the float units have been said to be too large to run the route.
Mack and Elsa's Tower would have trouble clearing those low hanging Red Car Trolly lines.
Unless they modified or eliminated certain floats, 'Paint' cannot run there.

I personally don't see MSEP running long term at Disneyland.
As much as I like the Parade, particularly the classic pre-96'versions with the 'real' soundtrack, I can't really imagine it would just keep on running for several years.
Who knows what TDA has up their sleeves though.
Anything is possible.

-

Last edited:

brb1006

The only difference is that unlike WDW at least MSEP won't stay to long to the point that they scrap another electrical parade that is currently in the middle of a refurbishment.

Figments Friend

Maybe not, but who in 1972 would have thought it would still be running off and on at Disneyland until 2017?

It is pretty mind blowing when you think about it, eh..?
I doubt anyone on the original creative team guessed it would run that long.

But then again, the even older 'Electrical Water Pagent' at WDW is STILL running...and that freakin' inspired the creation of the MSEP!
You wanna talk about 'ancient and outdated...but loaded with feel good nostalgia', look no further.
:D

-

drizgirl

I could see them moving it to DCA. After all, they did the same thing with MSEP years ago. And they do need to encourage the crowds to split at night, especially once Fantasmic starts again.

But I don't think they'll do that if the Halloween party moves to DCA. That would not make guests very happy.

D

Deleted member 107043

Isn't it impossible for DCA to have a nighttime parade because of WOC?

VJ

The big difference is Disneyland has an end date. WDW's was "open-ended". That's a distinction I feel that too many just gloss over.

Let's see what happens by the end of August before we get all up in arms (a hard feat, I know, for people here).

D

Deleted member 107043

The big difference is Disneyland has an end date. WDW's was "open-ended". That's a distinction I feel that too many just gloss over.

Let's see what happens by the end of August before we get all up in arms (a hard feat, I know, for people here).

Agreed, although it would be reassuring to have a firm confirmation from Disney that PTN will return.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom