[RUMOR] Epcot Character Additions and Changes coming this November

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Controversial statement: If you haven't met Nick & Judy yet, you really weren't trying that hard
I have meet Nick & Judy, during MVMCP (on 12/16/2016)! I have also seen them, and somewhat danced with them during MISIDPI, on two separate occasions!

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Bear in mind @berlioz70, @dcharacternews did not start this rumor, it was @Sped2424 who said that after MVMCP they would come to Epcot sometime after.
With that in mind @dcharacternews is a credible source. He gave us the heads up about the ROL announcement, he said Moana would be coming to the parks, and a lot of other things that came true. You just got to take a deep breath and wait.

Last edited:

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Just my thoughts right here, maybe they will come back for this year's MVMCP! Who knows, we'll just have to wait and see! And speaking of these two, they're debuting in TDL's Easter Parade next Monday, April 3! Just like MISIDPI, that won't be a M&G either. We'll just have to wait and see when/if they will be coming to Epcot. Might come forward when Mission Space closes for refurb in summer.

Last edited:

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Just in - @dcharacternews on Twitter is speculating that Miguel from Coco could be doing M&Gs at Epcot starting this fall. Please note this information comes from the same person who said that Nick & Judy would be coming to Epcot and a that third character would be joining them. With that being said, all bets are that Miguel Rivera "might" be the rumored third character! No start date for neither Nick & Judy, nor for Miguel, as of yet. My gut feeling is Nick & Judy's start date may be announced sometime soon with my speculation (and speculation only) being that they will being sometime between after Easter and the end of summer, and Miguel's start date could be announced in November with his meet starting around Thanksgiving. This rumor is not dead, but it looks like we picked up some development with this new information! Stay tuned! Should Disney makes an announcement on the Parks Blog, you'll be the first to know.
Source: https://twitter.com/DCharacterNews/statuses/848878552841957376

Last edited:

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Let me further add that Joy and Sadness were added in April 2016 to alleviate crowds from Soarin's closure, and with Mission: SPACE closing for refurb in June and July, Nick & Judy's debut in Epcot is not out of the question! There is a chance that it may or may not happen, but I can't guess anything right now.

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
And my only hope for Miguel Rivera (and the Coco characters, in general) is that Disney doesn't make the same mistake again, like they did with Joy & Sadness from Inside Out.

Bolt

Let me further add that Joy and Sadness were added in April 2016 to alleviate crowds from Soarin's closure, and with Mission: SPACE closing for refurb in June and July, Nick & Judy's debut in Epcot is not out of the question! There is a chance that it may or may not happen, but I can't guess anything right now.
These aren't really rumors - just more of you making guesses. Any other ride refurbishment rarely, if ever, brings something additional to a park because of its downtime.

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
These aren't really rumors - just more of you making guesses. Any other ride refurbishment rarely, if ever, brings something additional to a park because of its downtime.
That was just my theory by the way. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
FYI, Nick & Judy are in this year's Easter Parade (which took place today, and will also occur tomorrow; bear in mind they were in last year's Easter Pre-parade as well). My theory is sometime after April 16 (which is also the day Moana will end her M&G sessions at Hollywood Studios) or later this year, they will move to Epcot Character Spot, but this is not official yet though. This is just my thinking.

Bolt

FYI, Nick & Judy are in this year's Easter Parade (which took place today, and will also occur tomorrow; bear in mind they were in last year's Easter Pre-parade as well). My theory is sometime after April 16 (which is also the day Moana will end her M&G sessions at Hollywood Studios) or later this year, they will move to Epcot Character Spot, but this is not official yet though. This is just my thinking.
It takes at least a few months to build these type of sets - have they've broken ground at Character Spot yet?

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
It takes at least a few months to build these type of sets - have they've broken ground at Character Spot yet?
Haven't seen any permits, this only came as a rumor in January from @dcharacternews. @danlb_2000 I don't think we have any word of a permit for Inventions West/Character Spot yet, or do you or does anyone else here have word of construction taking place inside character spot? From what I've seen, there are construction walls in Baymax's queue (grey in color, with black tarps), so I think that's where they "might" be going.
Also let me point out that it took like, I don't know, four to five (maybe six) months to have Joy & Sadness' set built in Character Spot (they were rumored in January 2016, debuted on April 3, 2016 - 10 months after the movie came out).

Last edited:

Bolt

Haven't seen any permits, this only came as a rumor in January from @dcharacternews. @danlb_2000 I don't think we have any word of a permit for Inventions West/Character Spot yet, or do you or does anyone else here have word of construction taking place inside character spot? From what I've seen, there are construction walls in Baymax's queue (grey in color, with black tarps), so I think that's where they "might" be going.
Also let me point out that it took like, I don't know, four to five (maybe six) months to have Joy & Sadness' set built in Character Spot (they were rumored in January 2016, debuted on April 3, 2016 - 10 months after the movie came out).
The black tarps are the standard innovention walls - been using those for like a decade.

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Ok, so with little or no progress on this rumor, I feel as if it would be worth mentioning that with the possible return of the Zootopia Party Patrol for this year's MNSSHP, there does exists the possibility that Nick & Judy will be meeting during this year's MVMCP, in Tomorrowland just like with the 2016 MVMCP (unless the rumor which they will move to Epcot becomes true). I have heard from a credible source to expect Zootopia to be in the parks more (and that includes at possible M&G somewhere in WDW, but that source wouldn't divulge.) I'm sure someone could have more insight as what to expect if that should be the case.

IanDLBZF

Original Poster

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Hey folks, apparently a rumor has popped up on a site called http://www.charactercentral.net/
The rumor states that, starting from November 17, Nick & Judy will move to Showcase Plaza, replacing Pluto. In turn, Pluto moves elsewhere in Epcot. I am gonna take this rumor with a grain of salt for now, and so should you.
Source: http://www.charactercentral.net/Forum/topic24781-rumor-about-moana-nick-and-judy-etc.aspx
Edit to add: The original poster of that topic says his source was a Twitter post that was since deleted for an unknown reason. I have asked him which user, awaiting a response.

tl77

Character Meet & Greets are kind of the main draw at Epcot for young kids, especially around World Showcase, so this sounds pretty plausible to me... Since you can meet Pluto at many locations around WDW it makes sense that he would get replaced by characters that you can only meet at Epcot. They realized the popularity of Baymax and Joy & Sadness remained after their films theatrical release, and that those characters are still a big enough draw on their own to give them their own dedicated spots in Epcot, I think the same is true of Nick & Judy... and is the 3rd character Flash maybe? he seems pretty popular just from the amount of merch he's on

And having the Coco characters make a "short term" appearance at the Mexico Pavilion is not that unusual either, the first and only place you could meet Anna and Elsa at WDW was a make shift M&G at the Church in the Norway Pavilion, which was supposed to only be a short term thing to help promote their movie... after the daily 5 hour long lines to meet them in Norway got to be an issue, they got relocated to Princess Hall in MK, before moving into Norway permanently... so if Coco is a big hit I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happened at the Mexico Pavilion "long term"

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
And having the Coco characters make a "short term" appearance at the Mexico Pavilion is not that unusual either, the first and only place you could meet Anna and Elsa at WDW was a make shift M&G at the Church in the Norway Pavilion, which was supposed to only be a short term thing to help promote their movie... after the daily 5 hour long lines to meet them in Norway got to be an issue, they got relocated to Princess Hall in MK, before moving into Norway permanently... so if Coco is a big hit I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happened at the Mexico Pavilion "long term"
Though I wouldn't be surprised to see Miguel and Dante at Hollywood Studios replacing Star Lord & Groot. Miguel would most likely be a face character and Dante a fur character.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom