What did you do?

LizaMarie89

I got back on the treadmill today after the week off. I'm discouraged that running still is a bit too painful but I was able to stay on for 30 minutes which I consider a victory. I'm just impatient and upset this happened so late in my training - I'll finish my half but it may be slower than I wanted

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I got back on the treadmill today after the week off. I'm discouraged that running still is a bit too painful but I was able to stay on for 30 minutes which I consider a victory. I'm just impatient and upset this happened so late in my training - I'll finish my half but it may be slower than I wanted

Which corral did you get assigned to? As long as you can keep the minimum 16/mm pace...and stay ahead of the Balloon Ladies, you'll be okay.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I'm in corral F so not the very last one

You should be fine. There's one corral behind you (where I got assigned, really Disney, it's not my first runDisney Half) full of slow pokes and walkers. Try to find the Galloway pacers (look for the finish time sign they hold up...and someone shouting "ladies, walk; ladies, run") for the time you estimated it will take you to complete the race. That way you definitely know you will not be swept.

Texas84

Get into Epcot and relax. At that point you're most likely safe from sweeping.

Another 20-mile week, two more full training weeks until Dark Side! This morning ran a 5K (3rd in my age group) then had to run to the car and change my number to run the 10K (4th in my age group). 5K started at 0800 and 10K started at 0830, so ran them both. The race organizers couldn't use the same chip for both races. I only get credit for one race in the points series though. Bummer. Nice mornings this week, high 50s.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
4 miles in a collective training session in the countryside - close to but not exactly the same route as the upcoming 10 km. Perfect weather - cooler, no sun but no rain either :)

dreamfinder

Did 3.4ish outside Sunday. DW kicked me out of the house at 6:45PM and told me to go run after working again all weekend. Way shorter than it should have been, but much better than nothing. Especially considering we got a dump of snow on Saturday. Today was bike.

LAKid53

Premium Member
After being MIA for over a week, my first run. Just 35 minutes. Was huffing and puffing like a 2 pack a day smoker...but at least the sinus infection is cleared up. Thanks, Grandpa, for passing on those allergy genes!

Will be heading to WDW Friday for one day before our SW cruise this Saturday. Will be nice to leave behind the pollen saturated and smokey controlled burn air we've had in the Big Bend the last couple of weeks. The rain storm (with hail, hail in April in Florida!) that dumped 4 inches yesterday helped clear the air...and made my run nice and steamy this AM.

Why am I still in North Florida?

Last edited:

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Signed up for a running "class" - basically there are different levels for different objectives and it makes you (well me) commit to a schedule. In reality the level that worked for my schedule is a bit too easy to start but I'll use it to work more on form and speed since the distances never get very long (max 5 km towards the end). Today was short intervals that added up to about 1.5 miles so I then ran to where I could catch the bus to add an additional half mile.

Texas84

5-miler this morning and a flash of lightning woke me up. Some times I feel like I sleep run. Schools are closed today for storms, not snow, just storms. We're shutting down at noon for a tornado watch. This area shuts down for a single snowflake.

LAKid53

Premium Member
After the storm that wasn't passed through yesterday (poor South Georgia got wacked again, though :( ), a nice 3 mile run in the cool, clear weather the storm that wasn't left behind.

Today will be finishing the laundry, doing some house cleaning and packing tonight for our SW cruise on the Fantasy next week. A week from today will be SW Day on the ship - I'm so psyched!

Two more weeks until the start of SW Half weekend. Hope everyone's training is going well. :)

Texas84

Aftermath of the southeast storms, 3-miler this morning, a chilly 50 with gusts to 30 mph. Wind at 0530 is creepy in my neighborhood with all the trees. Very noisy. There were tons of stars out. The storm must have removed all the humidity. Ran to the darkest end of the run and could even faintly see the Milky Way. Amazing.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
At my collective training tonight, after a warm up run of just under a mile, I had a choice of running some 7 km (about 4.3 miles) or 7 times 300 meters run/100 meters recovery. So I chose the track work and despite almost bailing tonight because I was really tired, I told myself I'd only do 5 times, and at the end of 5 I said, ok 6 times, and by end of six I said well, that'd be dumb not to do the last one. So I managed to finish and also managed to keep a fairly consistent pace, despite the glacial wind gusts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom