If I could improve Walt Disney World....

kmbmw777

I would agree with the responses everyone said. Just making the route more scenic could do a great deal. But it is one of WDW's worst kept secret gems.

Daily Question (April 4th2017)
Keeping up with this is difficult.

IPs in World Showcase are HATED by the most hardcore Disney fans. However, the general public, especially those with younger children, seem to like it. They say it adds more relatability to the foreign cultures. So my question is - is there any IP that would be accepted in a WS country? What criteria should Imagineers meet.

kmbmw777

I would agree with the responses everyone said. Just making the route more scenic could do a great deal. But it is one of WDW's worst kept secret gems.

IPs in World Showcase are HATED by the most hardcore Disney fans. However, the general public, especially those with younger children, seem to like it. They say it adds more relatability to the foreign cultures. So my question is - is there any IP that would be accepted in a WS country? What criteria should Imagineers meet.
I would say the IP should represent the country or some form of its culture. I think Ratatouille could work in France, but Frozen in Norway is a little bit of a stretch. However, I would be fine with it, IF the ride included more Norse inspiration.

Suchomimus

Depends on if and how well the IP contributres anything to the history or culture of the country.

kmbmw777

Coming up with topics is difficult.

How could Marvel be realistically integrated into the WDW Resort Area? I believe all characters can be used outside of the parks and the Guardians and Doctor Strange can be used in the parks.

spacemt354

Chili's
Coming up with topics is difficult.

How could Marvel be realistically integrated into the WDW Resort Area? I believe all characters can be used outside of the parks and the Guardians and Doctor Strange can be used in the parks.
I'm not 100% sure on all of the logistics -- the only thing I know for sure is that Uni has theme park rights to Marvel east of the Mississippi. Even the Marvel store at Disney Springs has little to nothing to it.

I do know that non-Avengers proper characters like Guardians and Dr. Strange can be used...probably Captain Marvel and Black Panther down the road.

Black Panther in Adventureland
Ant Man for a Stitch's Great Escape redo - similar to Adventure Thru Inner Space (which actually had a reference in the film)

stitchcastle

Original Poster

I'm perfectly fine with any IP that presents the culture of the country respectfully. I actually think the Three Caballeros attraction is a great balanced way to showcase both Disney IP and Mexican culture. Frozen is a lot more problematic considering it's based on a Danish fairy Tale set in a completely fictional place that's vaguely Scandinavian. I'd be more open to Thor taking over Maelstrom over Elsa. It's the same issue I'd have if they built an Aladdin attraction in Morocco as Aladdin is very much a more middle east-set story.

The Ratatouille ride in France would work really well. I also feel it would be ok to have things like Big Hero 6 become an attraction in Japan as the movie is very distinctly influenced by Japan (not to mention be a good showcase for how highly technological and modern Japan is). A Mulan attraction in China would be pretty great too.

kmbmw777

I'm not 100% sure on all of the logistics -- the only thing I know for sure is that Uni has theme park rights to Marvel east of the Mississippi. Even the Marvel store at Disney Springs has little to nothing to it.

I do know that non-Avengers proper characters like Guardians and Dr. Strange can be used...probably Captain Marvel and Black Panther down the road.

Black Panther in Adventureland
Ant Man for a Stitch's Great Escape redo - similar to Adventure Thru Inner Space (which actually had a reference in the film)
I love the idea of Black Panther in Adventureland! And Antman in Stitch is very unique. I wonder how that would work.

One crazy idea is to retheme Rockin' Roller Coaster to Guardians. Guardians has great music, fast speeds - it works almost perfectly.

kmbmw777

I'm perfectly fine with any IP that presents the culture of the country respectfully. I actually think the Three Caballeros attraction is a great balanced way to showcase both Disney IP and Mexican culture. Frozen is a lot more problematic considering it's based on a Danish fairy Tale set in a completely fictional place that's vaguely Scandinavian. I'd be more open to Thor taking over Maelstrom over Elsa. It's the same issue I'd have if they built an Aladdin attraction in Morocco as Aladdin is very much a more middle east-set story.

The Ratatouille ride in France would work really well. I also feel it would be ok to have things like Big Hero 6 become an attraction in Japan as the movie is very distinctly influenced by Japan (not to mention be a good showcase for how highly technological and modern Japan is). A Mulan attraction in China would be pretty great too.
Great points! Thor in Norway could be really cool if the Uni contract didn't exist (hint to tomorrow's prompt)

spacemt354

Chili's
I love the idea of Black Panther in Adventureland! And Antman in Stitch is very unique. I wonder how that would work.

One crazy idea is to retheme Rockin' Roller Coaster to Guardians. Guardians has great music, fast speeds - it works almost perfectly.
This would be such a neat addition!:geek:
blackpanther-conceptart1.jpg

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes

Great ideas! For a Japan IP I would probably choose an anime, preferably Totoro.

Suchomimus

Daily Question (April 6th 2017)
I'm so lazy :p

How could Marvel be integrated into the WDW Resort Area if the Universal contract did not exist? XMen, Avengers, Defenders, Guardians are all fair game. :)
I'm just going to avoid 1 and 3 because X-Men is owned by Fox Studios and I don't know about Defenders. Both would mostly exist in Hollywood Studios as a zone or part of one; like New York City or in a 5th gate similar to IoA, DisneySEA or an all Marvel theme park. Besides that, I'm think about a Marvel hotel maybe.

spacemt354

Chili's
Daily Question (April 6th 2017)
I'm so lazy :p

How could Marvel be integrated into the WDW Resort Area if the Universal contract did not exist? XMen, Avengers, Defenders, Guardians are all fair game. :)
I think Toy Story Land could have been a Marvel Land -- or Star Wars Land would have taken over Star Tours/Indy while Marvel took over the Backlot.

X-Men I could see the Academy (similar to Jedi Training Academy)

Defenders are a bit too dark I think for a Marvel land (at least on the Netflix shows) and Guardians would fit as a replacement for Laugh Floor (across from the Ant Man Adventure Thru Inner Space I was mentioning earlier and I think even @michmousefan had a concept on that)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom