Restroom while waiting

Patcheslee

Original Poster
I realize that some shows mean being there up to an hour before it even starts, Fantasmic for example. What happens if DD has to use the restroom while waiting and we've been seated. Do they allow ppl back in or is it sorry about your luck and have to wait in line a second time to regain admittance?

DisneyDreamer08

We've had two experiences with potty breaks while waiting in line for rides. One was Mine Train. We had a FP, tapped our band at the first check point and before we got to the second, our daughter said she needed to use the potty. They told us since we hadn't done the second tap yet, we could exit and re enter the FP line when we were ready. The second time this happened was on Test Track. Also using FP, we went through the line, designed our car and were literally about to board when our daughter decided she just couldn't hold it. We had to exit the entire building and run all the way across the pavilion. We were not allowed to re enter the FP line, our only choice was stand by. So we ended up skipping it all together.
I don't have any experience at shows but I would like to think this is common & there are restrooms near by and then you can return to your seat. I'm sure someone will have a definite answer :)

Patcheslee

Original Poster
They have bathrooms inside the Fantasmic area. No need to leave.
Well that's good to hear. Leaving FP line I don't see being much of an issue. But waiting an hour for a show to start is a bit more concerning. I certainly don't want to keep her from drinking water and risk dehydration because we might not be allowed back in. Thanks.

carriebeth

Before all shows now we do a "mandatory" potty stop where everyone has to go. Even those who insist they don't have to go. We have had to exit from lots of things before to do a potty emergency. We were always let back in with no issues. Just informed a cast member we had a potty emergency. But its much easier to avoid the situation in the first place! We have had it happen on all sorts of rides too. we were always let back in with the rest of our party when we returned or they had the rest of our party go on and ride and the potty group got to go through the fast pass line when we returned. One time my one son got his car all designed for Test Track and decided right before getting to ride that he could not wait a moment for the bathroom. The cast member sent us off, told us to go through fast pass when we returned skipping the car design area because our already designed car would still work when we came back.

NelleBelle

This! I'm appalled that @DisneyDreamer08 wouldn't be let back through despite a "potty emergency!" My one son, who's now 10, still has a very weak bladder and when he says he needs to go, he means it! We had to leave the line last year and they let him back through to rejoin his party. My DH and I were joking just the other day that perhaps we should make DS10 wear depends when we fly for fear that he will pull a stunt like the guy on Delta just did where he used the lavatory during take-off (like I said, DS has NO bladder control and if we were stuck on the tarmac, he'd either get up and use the bathroom or have an "accident." In fact, last time we flew, he had a "I have to go now" moment before the plane was up in the air and I told him he just had to hold it :rolleyes: I actually still secretly pack a change of clothes for him "just in case"--poor kid)...but I digress! My point is, kids have to go and CM should be more understanding!

keirin

I've learned the hard way that mandatory potty breaks are a must. We usually take the kids to the bathroom every couple rides. :p I would recommend that you go to the bathroom before going to wait for a show/parade/longer ride.

Astrotrain

◝⊡_⊡◜
I had taken my older boy on a restroom break before getting in line for "Frozen Ever After" - but he had consumed a ridiculous amount of water and decided he had to go to the restroom while waiting and we were close to getting on.. absolutely couldn't hold it. I talked to a cast member and she gave me a printed fast pass for the ride since we had already waited a good amount, so I was able to leave and hop back in.

I don't know how common this is, but decided to ask the CM just in case (we were already at the part of the line where FP members merged in though).

BigRedDad

I am sure if you have to exit FP for an emergency potty that they would give you the Child Swap FP at worst.We have never had to deal with it fortunately. It is a no-brainer for the CM to get you back into the FP line.

daisyduckie

Keep in mind that there is no rule about leaving lines and getting your spot back. Most people will be understanding, but if someone decides to block your way there won't be much you can do about it. Also, so lines are very hard to leave as they are designed so narrow that you have to push people to get by them.

I'm not trying to stress you out, but sometimes leaving a line and rejoining is easier said than done. I've hopped out of a couple (twice out of the Little Mermaid as the line just wasn't moving at all) and now I tend to look for the way out when I get in. Sometimes it is as easy as unlocking a chain or going under. Sometimes the only way out is to walk back the way you went in, saying Excuse Me the whole time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom