PERMITS

SSG

Original Poster
Upgrades to the parade building

Received BLD2017-01112 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 1313 S HARBOR BLVD 9070 (Parade Building) Disney - DL BOH, Parade Building No.2 - New Costume Maintenance Room -Non Residential Addition: 306 s.ft addition , HVAC unit.

Received BLD2017-01117 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 1313 S HARBOR BLVD 9070 (Parade Building) Disney - DL BOH, Parade Building No.2 - Storage Racks: 428 ln.ft x 17' high.

SSG

Original Poster
Issued BLD2017-01206 MORROW MEADOWS CORPORATION 1313 S HARBOR BLVD Electrical for (1) sub panel with receptacles to support temporary media trailer - Disneyland - West Side Area, BOH - Fantasmic. REF: BLD2017-00749

This references an earlier permit which said:

Disneyland - West Side Area, BOH - Fantasmic Programming Trailer - Miscellaneous: 315 s.ft pre-fabricated engineered temporary media trailer with ramps and landings. (March 22,2017 thru June 20th, 2017)

SSG

Original Poster
At least Matterhorn Fastpass will be shady.

Issued BLD2017-01281 MORROW MEADOWS CORPORATION 1313 S HARBOR BLVD Electrical to reference Tenant Improvement permit #BLD2016-03648 for Disneyland - Matterhorn, Shade Structure -

Issued BLD2016-03648 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 1313 S HARBOR BLVD Disneyland - Matterhorn, Shade Structure - Construct 78.5 sq ft shade canopy at fastpass.

SSG

Original Poster
Fireworks improvements:

Received BLD2017-01326WALT DISNEY WORLD CO1313-1319 S HARBOR BLVD Disney - North Service Area Overall Fireworks Control Booth - DX Installation - Tenant Improvement: New outdoor concrete housekeeping poured in place pad for (1) new heat pump. Remove (2) existing wall heat pump and replace with duct work.

Curious Constance

Fireworks improvements:

Received BLD2017-01326WALT DISNEY WORLD CO1313-1319 S HARBOR BLVD Disney - North Service Area Overall Fireworks Control Booth - DX Installation - Tenant Improvement: New outdoor concrete housekeeping poured in place pad for (1) new heat pump. Remove (2) existing wall heat pump and replace with duct work.

Wow, new duct work and a wall heat pump are going to do wonders for the Fireworks show!!!

upload_2017-3-31_12-15-42.png
This message has been brought to you by Construction Constance.™

Practical Pig

Wow, new duct work and a wall heat pump are going to do wonders for the Fireworks show!!!

View attachment 197306 This message has been brought to you by Construction Constance.™

HehHehHeh. I love that you used this. But since you have, I've revised it to better blend the hat into your blurry, ghostly world. I just spent a few minutes on the first version for a toss-away joke, and just a few more on this version, but I think Construction Constance deserves a better fitting hat.

Construction Constance.jpg

SSG

Original Poster
Work on F! chugging along

Received BLD2017-01352 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 1313 S HARBOR BLVD Disney - Frontierland - Rivers Of America - Fantasmic Piro Dock Bridge & Float Platform - Tenant Improvement: Bridge and dock for Fantasmic Marina.

Old Mouseketeer

^^^^^^^^^^
I'm assuming they are putting in a pyro dock.

I think this has to do with outfitting the interior of the new Fan!! Marina building. This is where they will dock the three princess barges, the service boat, and the three pyro barges. They will load the pyro shells into the launchers on the barges indoors before towing them out around the front of the stage.

Old Mouseketeer

More work at Mickey and Friends.

BLD2017-00633 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 1313 S DISNEYLAND DR (Mickey and Friends Parking Structure) Disney - Mickey and Friends Parking - Add chain link fence to and gates with panic harware and alarm with counduit to close access to public, re-stripe portion of parking at Chip and Dale level.

Very interesting. My rebel spies tell me that CMs have been warned that they will have to show ID to enter Ball CM parking lot on foot from Ball Rd. because it is being closed to the public. The pedestrian entrance has a new gate and proxy pad (That's the pad you tap your ID against to unlock a door, open a parking gate, or "tag-in" meaning you are registered as entering the property as an employee. There is a legal distinction whether you have entered the property as an employee or have signed in at the front gate either with your CM ID or Main Entrance Pass.

This permit is probably to install a gate that will prevent guests from exiting from M&F through Ball CM lot as they currently do. CMs will use their ID on the proxy pad to open the gate. Opening the gate without ID will set off the alarm. This coincides with Winston Gate reopening for CMs who have access to Ball lot.

SSG

Original Poster
I missed this one last week (on vacation with the Mrs.), but it looks like Primeval World will get some much needed love.

Received BLD2017-01504 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 1313 S HARBOR BLVD Disney - BOH - Primeval World Diorama - FY17 Show Rehab - Tenant Improvement: Install two new raised platform with two projectors, electrical, extend exiting guardrails. All work inside the building.

GrizzlyAdams

It's too bad Disney didn't take this opportunity to do something great in improving the Dioramas. The train will be popular with it's new river tracks, but to have updated Dioramas would have made it something really special.

Curious Constance

I missed this one last week (on vacation with the Mrs.), but it looks like Primeval World will get some much needed love.

Received BLD2017-01504 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 1313 S HARBOR BLVD Disney - BOH - Primeval World Diorama - FY17 Show Rehab - Tenant Improvement: Install two new raised platform with two projectors, electrical, extend exiting guardrails. All work inside the building.
Would it have killed you to line a replacement up in your absence?!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom