Darkside Half Marathon Corrals

Qscout

Original Poster
Hi runDisney runners,

We are going to do our first ever runDisney event in three weeks as we do the Darkside Challenge. I have loads of excited questions but will restrict myself to just one.

My wife and I have been placed int corrals B and E. We were hoping to run together. Can we both just go into the last corral, or is it just a case of me starting and waiting for her just after the start line? How do the different corrals start is it at set times or is it once the pen of Corral A is empty Corral B?

Any suggestions for the best way we can run together?

JillC LI

It is my understanding that the person in B can drop back to start in with the person in E, but not vice versa.

Qscout

Original Poster
Thanks,

I hope so. We aren't interested in time, just running it together. So just both head for the slower Corral?

Texas84

You definitely can drop back to a slower corral. Just can't move up.

Yes, one corral at a time. I've seen anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes gaps between corrals. They have also been experimenting with 'waves' within a corral. Don't know how that works. I've been in one of those waves but didn't notice it.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Thanks,

I hope so. We aren't interested in time, just running it together. So just both head for the slower Corral?

Yes. Just tell the people checking the corral assignments on your bib when you get to her corral that you plan on running with your wife. Don't forget you can do this for both the 10k and Half. Your race bib will have two corral letters on them - one for the 10k and one for the Half. It won't be an issue, runDisney rules allow this.

You will be walked up to the starting area before the corral in front of you is finished starting. But you won't start until everyone ahead has gone. They split each corral up into starting sections for the Princess races, so I imagine they will do the same for SW. It takes about 5-10 minutes max to start everyone in a corral. You probably won't get to your corral until around 4:30. I was in corral L for the Princess Half (last corral was P). runDisney delayed the start of the race 5 minutes to allow runners to get to their corrals. I didn't cross the start line until 6:23, according to race tracker. Plan on waiting around for about an hour until you can start.

Make sure to sign up for race tracker - the link is on the runDisney page. You will get texts with your start time, when you hit the 5k, 10k and 15k marks and the finish line, along with pace and estimated completion time. You can have the same info texted to family and friends. It's pretty cool.

Good luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom