Upcoming/Rumored Projects

Cesar R M

Which will swiftly inhabit the bargain bin at the local Game Stop
Well, unlike most tie in(there was a game tie in when the movie debuted). This was supposedly to be pushed as "massive" by James Cameron. I suppose that he will want it to be at least "decent".
My guess would be.. again.. a VR game or an open world game a la Zero Dawn Horizon

The_Jobu

Well, unlike most tie in(there was a game tie in when the movie debuted). This was supposedly to be pushed as "massive" by James Cameron. I suppose that he will want it to be at least "decent".
My guess would be.. again.. a VR game or an open world game a la Zero Dawn Horizon

I can see Cameron pushing for something of the massive multiplayer variety quite easily as well.

brb1006

Apparently Rivers Of Life is set to end it's run in 2020 and will get replaced with a new show featuring Disney characters in 2021.

MCast

Apparently Rivers Of Life is set to end it's run in 2020 and will get replaced with a new show featuring Disney characters in 2021.

So they used all this time, money and resources for an average show that's only to last a little over three years?

rushtest4echo

Almost all Disney entertainment, be it stage shows, fireworks, parades or other spectaculars, are supposed to run for 4 or 5 years. WDW has simply set a (for some people, bad) precedent of running them for far longer than other parks. I wouldn't be surprised to see the show run for significantly longer than this new (worthless) rumor is suggesting.

PrincessJulia1207

i'm stuck on a rollercoaster of emotions right now after venturing through this forum :cry::cry::cry:

how i feel right now about all the rumored changes to attractions and parks i keep hearing about that involve catering to Disney IPs, such as the Great Movie Ride closing, DHS's Tower of Terror possibly removing the Twilight Zone theme, putting Star Wars Land next to Frontierland in DL (ewww why??)
but x10 because its one bandage after another after another....

what i think of whoever is coming up and/or agreeing with these ideas to remove/change/expand in favor of Disney IP's...
55242400.jpg

anxiously counting down for D23 to begin just to hear the big announcements they make
tumblr_inline_mh1ycwLPLZ1rwbhjg.gif

and of course reminding myself that avatar land is in fact a reality and not just something from a bad dream...
tenor.gif

then i get excited about hearing they might close stitchs great mistake and ellens energy venture and suddenly everything's better....momentarily...
excited-anna.gif

...and then the cycle of emotions starts all over again

Last edited:

HowAboutDisney

You don't think that if the show was a little more exciting, but still lacked characters, you could handle it?
Yes! I can go along with that.. soarin' doesn't have any characters and I love that ride!

The biggest problem to me was I seen the "World of Color" (I think that's the right name) at California adventure and that blew me away.. I was expecting to be amazed the same way and I wasn't..

Unplugged

That's good news!! I've seen this show and it left me disappointed, I'm sad to say.. if it wasn't in a Disney park it would be fine, but you are looking for Disney the whole time..
The show is very much Disney if you observe the artistic, expressive, and musical side of the production. Are you saying you were looking for specific IP (intellectual properties like Mickey)? If so, that is one small aspect of Disney. We, and everyone we know, go to Disney World to see a variety of entertainment offerings including both character & non-character. So, I imagine you are fairly disappointed with most of AK & WDW then as most attractions do not feature character-centric themes.

HowAboutDisney

The show is very much Disney if you observe the artistic, expressive, and musical side of the production. Are you saying you were looking for specific IP (intellectual properties like Mickey)? If so, that is one small aspect of Disney. We, and everyone we know, go to Disney World to see a variety of entertainment offerings including both character & non-character. So, I imagine you are fairly disappointed with most of AK & WDW then as most attractions do not feature character-centric themes.
I don't need Disney characters on every attraction. Some of my favorites don't have them like "Soarin"
"ToT" the "Safari ride" I wasn't so much looking for Mickey Mouse, but maybe I was expecting to see Some famous scenes from Disney movies like "Lion King" mixed in the show at times to keep the attention of kids.. it's very slow moving..

rushtest4echo

I don't need Disney characters on every attraction. Some of my favorites don't have them like "Soarin"
"ToT" the "Safari ride" I wasn't so much looking for Mickey Mouse, but maybe I was expecting to see Some famous scenes from Disney movies like "Lion King" mixed in the show at times to keep the attention of kids.. it's very slow moving..

The expectations of your kids are the reason people are begging EPCOT to keep Reflections of Earth for another 30 years. People are terrified of what silliness might ensue with characters there. I'm not attacking you or parents in general, but I'm personally very glad that we currently have two parks with IP centric night shows and two parks without. No other Disney property even has one. I love Wishes and Fantasmic, but Reflections of Earth is my favorite show and I really like Rivers of Light as well. Glad to see the variety, and I'm very happy that like most of Animal Kingdom- the show is devoid of IP. HOWEVER, if the market demands IP in every show, and viewership/feedback is low for non-IP shows, I can see why Disney chooses to placate the needs of children and others who find the non-IP stuff "boring". The market decides...

Having said all that. If they can create a solid IP centric show in 5 or so years that tastefully uses Tarzan, Lion King, Aristocats, Fox and the Hound, Bambi Zootopia and/or other animal/IP stuff to replace Rivers of Light and it's a good show- then I'm all for it! I'll be disappointed in the conceptual change but as long as it's a solid show, I'll take that over a non IP show that stinks (not in any way implying Rivers of Light stinks but a non-IP replacement could). IP is fine in moderation and done in proper venues. I don't think it would be an abomination if a future show has IP though, and I have a feeling that I'm in a huge minority with that opinion here. I'd prefer there to be a good balance and right now there are 3 IP shows and two without and I feel that balance could/should stay. I'm not going to show up with a pitchfork over the possible addition of IP to pretty much anything though. It just doesn't bother me as much as most people I guess (and I don't even have/want kids).

I'll probably end up regretting saying this, but I think I'd even be fine with IP in IllumiNations if it's done right when ROE sadly moves on. Not that I trust them to do it right, but the concept isn't as off putting as the notion of losing Reflections of Earth for anything else! ;)

Last edited:

HowAboutDisney

The expectations of your kids are the reason people are begging EPCOT to keep Reflections of Earth for another 30 years. People are terrified of what silliness might ensue with characters there. I'm not attacking you or parents in general, but I'm personally very glad that we currently have two parks with IP centric night shows and two parks without. No other Disney property even has one. I love Wishes and Fantasmic, but Reflections of Earth is my favorite show and I really like Rivers of Light as well. Glad to see the variety, and I'm very happy that like most of Animal Kingdom- the show is devoid of IP. HOWEVER, if the market demands IP in every show, and viewership/feedback is low for non-IP shows, I can see why Disney chooses to placate the needs of children and others who find the non-IP stuff "boring". The market decides...

Having said all that. If they can create a solid IP centric show in 5 or so years that tastefully uses Tarzan, Lion King, Aristocats, Fox and the Hound, Bambi Zootopia and/or other animal/IP stuff to replace Rivers of Light and it's a good show- then I'm all for it! I'll be disappointed in the conceptual change but as long as it's a solid show, I'll take that over a non IP show that stinks (not in any way implying Rivers of Light stinks but a non-IP replacement could). IP is fine in moderation and done in proper venues. I don't think it would be an abomination if a future show has IP though, and I have a feeling that I'm in a huge minority with that opinion here. I'd prefer there to be a good balance and right now there are 3 IP shows and two without and I feel that balance could/should stay. I'm not going to show up with a pitchfork over the possible addition of IP to pretty much anything though. It just doesn't bother me as much as most people I guess (and I don't even have/want kids).

I'll probably end up regretting saying this, but I think I'd even be fine with IP in IllumiNations if it's done right when ROE sadly moves on. Not that I trust them to do it right, but the concept isn't as off putting as the notion of losing Reflections of Earth for anything else! ;)

I agree! It doesn't have to always be an lp.. It may have been my own fault but again I was blown away by "world of color" at CA and was expecting the same feeling.. I will see it again and go in with a more independent opinion next time..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom