25th Anniversary

VJ

I went off on Ignite the Dream, this was even worse. I've come to the conclusion that Steve has devolved into a hack who's only talent is collecting a paycheck. Hard to believe the same man created Legend of Mythica, Remember Dreams Come True, and Disney Dreams.
I don't think Steve was involved in Paris's 25th, but someone can correct me. That said, Disney Illuminations was a letdown for me too.

mickeyfan5534

I don't think Steve was involved in Paris's 25th, but someone can correct me. That said, Disney Illuminations was a letdown for me too.
I was mad after the live stream. Actually mad. I'm hoping this gets enough backlash to be pulled for a couple weeks to be reworked because it's got good bones on it.

VJ

I was mad after the live stream. Actually mad. I'm hoping this gets enough backlash to be pulled for a couple weeks to be reworked because it's got good bones on it.
I honestly don't know why they even changed the name. It's just Ignite the Dream with maybe two or three changes. That's all.

mickeyfan5534

I honestly don't know why they even changed the name. It's just Ignite the Dream with maybe two or three changes. That's all.
Two in actual show content (Can You Feel The Love Tonight & How Does a Moment Last Forever) and three if you count the changed projections.

Disney Analyst

I went off on Ignite the Dream, this was even worse. I've come to the conclusion that Steve has devolved into a hack who's only talent is collecting a paycheck. Hard to believe the same man created Legend of Mythica, Remember Dreams Come True, and Disney Dreams.

While Steve is in charge of spectaculars, what gets chosen is from higher up. He just ensure it is executed as best as he can. His hands are tied more often then you think.

mickeyfan5534

I've cooled on Disney Illuminations. It's still the worst offering of the 25th anniversary (we'll see if that changes with Pirates and Hyperspace Mountain though) but when the show's good, it's a decent show (Can You Feel the Love Tonight, Part of Your World, Let it Go, A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes), but when it's bad (Star Wars, How Does a Moment Last Forever), it is Bad with a capital B and rest of the show is completely forgettable. Again, I'm hoping that it gets pulled for a week or two to get reworked and fix the quality issues.

dlpwishes

Agreed on Illuminations. They should have just updated Dreams, like they did after the first year. The story-line, use of mist screens, soundtrack... all were perfect and could have been Paris' Fantasmic in a way - the spectacular it was known for. Instead we get this recycled rubbish... pity.

Kman101

While impressive looking and I didn't mind watching Illuminations (I haven't seen a video of Ignite the Dream yet, but apparently I ... have? LOL), having only seen videos of Disney Dreams, that was a MUCH better overall show. I was really sad I couldn't get to Paris to see it in person, that's how good I felt it was.

I didn't mind the jazzy little number for Stars on Parade. Fun. Quirky. The parade could use some work though. Poor Paris never can catch a break :/

And can they work on the names of their shows? LOL. Starlit Princess Waltz? The Happy Anniversary stage show too needs a better name. I liked them both for what they ... are. Paris could also use the talking heads in their castle shows and parades.

Overall? I'm glad they have new offerings but if I were a local like I am of WDW I'd be slightly embarrassed and sad.

cjkeating

Not to get territorial but I'm pretty sure Disneyland Parc's offering are better than anything MK did for the 40th... or 45th... and on a similar level to that of Disneyland's 50th, I'd rather we got something new than nothing at all.

Hopefully Illuminations will be plussed after the 25th is over like they did with Dreams and I see Stars on Parade as the new base for the parade that is likely to get refreshed for the 30th. They have already said - I believe at a press event - that they will be adding a new princess float to the parade next year.

Kman101

Not to get territorial but I'm pretty sure Disneyland Parc's offering are better than anything MK did for the 40th... or 45th... and on a similar level to that of Disneyland's 50th, I'd rather we got something new than nothing at all.

Hopefully Illuminations will be plussed after the 25th is over like they did with Dreams and I see Stars on Parade as the new base for the parade that is likely to get refreshed for the 30th. They have already said - I believe at a press event - that they will be adding a new princess float to the parade next year.

I'm not really knocking them that badly ;) It's not a case of "who did it better or at all", why make it about that? I see you took a bit of offense towards my post. Sorry.

I appreciate what they can do with what they're limited with. The castle stage shows are clearly for the children, not for adults. I applaud them for actually doing things on their anniversary, but it's the only time they get any attention so of course they get new offerings then.

The MK just refreshed a lot of their stage shows, etc. They're very different resorts, run very differently.

I don't see what's wrong in wishing this beautiful park got a little bit more effort put into it ...

croboy82

I'm not watching any videos cause I plan on going in the next 2 months but too bad the parade and especially Illuminations doesn't seem to resonate with people :(

another thing i've read is that on the new star tours EVERYTHING is in french now. way to go.

dlpwishes

While impressive looking and I didn't mind watching Illuminations (I haven't seen a video of Ignite the Dream yet, but apparently I ... have? LOL), having only seen videos of Disney Dreams, that was a MUCH better overall show. I was really sad I couldn't get to Paris to see it in person, that's how good I felt it was.

I didn't mind the jazzy little number for Stars on Parade. Fun. Quirky. The parade could use some work though. Poor Paris never can catch a break :/

And can they work on the names of their shows? LOL. Starlit Princess Waltz? The Happy Anniversary stage show too needs a better name. I liked them both for what they ... are. Paris could also use the talking heads in their castle shows and parades.

Overall? I'm glad they have new offerings but if I were a local like I am of WDW I'd be slightly embarrassed and sad.

Agree with a lot of this - it's not that it's bad, just I think they have executed maybe too many ideas at once. There are some great things going on elsewhere, like Forest of Enchantment and Mickey & the Magician... but some terrible things like the loss of an original nighttime spectacular and Cinemagique closing later this week.

I'm hoping that with the (eventual) 100% ownership from the WDC that things get better for Paris (Looking at you, WDSP)

Kman101

I have to say, and I'm probably alone, but I really love "Lost in the Magic" (I believe) for the parade. It's just such a fun different little number. I've listened to the parade quite a bit the past few days. And the performers seem to have a great time dancing along to it. High energy.

Kman101

Agree with a lot of this - it's not that it's bad, just I think they have executed maybe too many ideas at once. There are some great things going on elsewhere, like Forest of Enchantment and Mickey & the Magician... but some terrible things like the loss of an original nighttime spectacular and Cinemagique closing later this week.

I'm hoping that with the (eventual) 100% ownership from the WDC that things get better for Paris (Looking at you, WDSP)

Very sorry I haven't gotten to Paris yet to visit this great little park. It's my idealized castle park. I'm rooting for it!

Very sorry to see Disney Dreams go. As I said I've only watched videos of it but it really impressed me. While Illuminations was "wow" and the projections looked incredible from the video, and it's not a *bad* show, Dreams just had it beat, IMO.

Also sorry I won't ever get to see CineMagique in person but I'm sure it exists on Youtube (I've avoided videos).

Animaniac93-98

Having just returned from DLP, I have all kinds of opinions regarding the resort and specifcally the 25th Anniversary. The short version is they are mostly positives, even though I have some suggestions for the parade.

Having seen regular and Christmas Dreams before hand, I'd say in person Illuminations works very well. I might have preferred an updated version of Dreams (maybe highlighting the park itself like Remmeber Dreams Come True?), but what I saw looked great, and the crowds enjoyed it too.

brb1006

I'm surprised they didn't finally use the talking heads at the castle shows knowing it's only shown at the other park. Same goes for Tokyo.

Kman101

I'm surprised they didn't finally use the talking heads at the castle shows knowing it's only shown at the other park. Same goes for Tokyo.

Must be quite a bit pricier? And then there's probably training involved. I have no idea how that kind of thing works but I have no doubt $$ played into it. I'm sure in time they will. Hopefully.

Surprised Tokyo wasn't the first and that all of them don't have talking heads ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom