Club 32 - World's Fair, Discoveryland, and Tomorrowland

FigmentPigments

Oh...I was going to do a ride...but that's a cool idea too.
We don't have to do this. It was just a suggestion.:)
Maybe the SEA could have a sub-land or neighbour land in Adventureland? That'd be a really interesting concept! Or maybe even have the SEA mythos woven into everything in our Adventureland.

I'm all on board for an overall nautical theme for Discoveryland. Generally speaking, water makes most things better!
Then I would like to do the sea part of the Atlantis ride as well. I'm thinking I can do a hybrid vehicle that travels underwater and on land.

FigmentPigments

Just want to say as a big SEA fan that all of Discoveryland could be a SEA inspired Port.
:jawdrop: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
tenor.gif

kmbmw777

Gonna bump this up a bit.
So the way I understood what we had so for is Discoveryland is our transition from Fantasyland to Tomorrowland.
Tomorrowland is hub
World's Fair is Transition from Tomorrowland to Main Street

I also think it could be cool to have a Star Wars land included. - or maybe a general Space-land.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Gonna bump this up a bit.
So the way I understood what we had so for is Discoveryland is our transition from Fantasyland to Tomorrowland.
Tomorrowland is hub
World's Fair is Transition from Tomorrowland to Main Street

I also think it could be cool to have a Star Wars land included. - or maybe a general Space-land.
This is accurate from my perspective as well of what these lands will accomplish!

Corey

Hi all,

I was intrigued by @spacemt354's suggestion of a Tomorrowland/Discoveryland redesign, so I decided to work a Discoveryland into the Magic Kingdom at Disney World. As for the location, I decided to place it just outside the railroad tracks, on the other side from the Tomorrowland Speedway. I felt that there is the potential to do a decent update on the Speedway (i.e. with Tesla looking electric cars, so it may remain a part of Tomorrowland. That presented a problem for how you would access Discoveryland since it is blocked by the Speedway and Space Mountain. I therefore decided to add a new train station near where the old Toontown Faire, Mickey's Starland is or used to be. However, the station would open to the other side of the tracks and would be in a late 19th century train station (with steampunk flair). There would be Space Mountain: Mission 2, Le Visionarium, and an Orbitron. There would be additional attractions that I would squeeze in somehow from the period (i.e. Jules Verne and H.G. Wells). There might even be a War of the Worlds Attraction that depicts 19th century technology desperately fighting off a Mars invasion from that time. From that side of a sea (a lake will stand in for this) called Le Mer Mystère, there would be an underwater glass tunnel (with Victorian filigree to look as though it is reinforcing the glass) on the bottom of the lake that guests could stroll through as they make their way to Vulcania Island. There would be a full sized Nautilus submarine from the movie 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, like the one in Discoveryland Paris that is anchored there, which guests can board. Within the mountain that sits on Vulcania Island, like Mysterious Island at Tokyo DisneySea, there would be two rides/attractions. One would be the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea ride at Tokyo DisneySea, while the other would be the Journey to the Center of the Earth ride, also at Tokyo DisneySea. Well, this is my idea for a Discoveryland at the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World. I'm including a map of my suggestions:

Attachments

• Discoveryland Map.jpg
    Discoveryland Map.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Corey

I had a thought. If they decide to build a Star Wars Land at Disneyland Paris, perhaps in Walt Disney Studios Park, which sorely needs something new, they then could re-theme HyperSpace Mountain back into the original Discoveryland theme of steampunk. However, instead of the Jules Verne' From the Earth to the Moon theme, and its later re-theming to Space Mountain: Mission 2, they could instead re-theme it to H.G. Wells The War of the Worlds, whereby you are flying in rockets (the Space Mountain ride cars) as you dogfight with the Martian ships attacking Earth's cities and militaries. It's just a thought, but it would be something different and unlike anything in any other Disney park.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I had a thought. If they decide to build a Star Wars Land at Disneyland Paris, perhaps in Walt Disney Studios Park, which sorely needs something new, they then could re-theme HyperSpace Mountain back into the original Discoveryland theme of steampunk. However, instead of the Jules Verne' From the Earth to the Moon theme, and its later re-theming to Space Mountain: Mission 2, they could instead re-theme it to H.G. Wells The War of the Worlds, whereby you are flying in rockets (the Space Mountain train cars) as you dogfight with the Mars' ships attacking Earth's cities and militaries. It's just a thought, but it would be something different and unlike anything in any other Disney park.
@David2319 has some experience with DLP (see his avatar lol) I'm not too familiar with the park but maybe he can help with this idea? It sounds cool!

Daveeeeed

I had a thought. If they decide to build a Star Wars Land at Disneyland Paris, perhaps in Walt Disney Studios Park, which sorely needs something new, they then could re-theme HyperSpace Mountain back into the original Discoveryland theme of steampunk. However, instead of the Jules Verne' From the Earth to the Moon theme, and its later re-theming to Space Mountain: Mission 2, they could instead re-theme it to H.G. Wells The War of the Worlds, whereby you are flying in rockets (the Space Mountain train cars) as you dogfight with the Mars' ships attacking Earth's cities and militaries. It's just a thought, but it would be something different and unlike anything in any other Disney park.
Just to give my insight on placement:p... They could do a mini-land (or a smaller land for Star Wars) between Discoveryland & Fantasyland outside the train tracks. If it's at Walt Disney Studios, (which desperately needs additions) it would work perfectly in its current design. In fact it needs to happens! But Marvel might be a better choice first. I strongly disagree with Star Wars invading Space Mountain permanently at DLP -- it's style does not suit Star Wars at all like at Disneyland in California. The back of Discoveryland is almost like a mini-land as it is more retro futuristic (80'sesque).

I definitely think The War of the Worlds would work although to be completely honest, I only know of it by name and not really anything else. Would the launch (catapult cannon) make sense story wise? Like could it be renamed without altering the structure?

Going back to the talk of Walt Disney Studios... It's not only in dire need of something new (especially an aesthetically pleasing land), but the entire park, on a scale far larger than California Adventure & HWS, needs to completely be redone. This includes all the sidewalks, facades, and landscaping.

I'd say if Fantasmic! would ever go in the park it would have to go on the left side of WDS (in an arena like HWS) as to have minimal impact upon Disneyland Parc Paris, and I'm certain that they would love to put in a true night show in that park if they were to spend billions, so there's that to consider too, which would affect where Star Wars could go in the park.

Back to War of The Worlds, again it could potentially work if it would work in the current building (expeterior should not change in the slightest).

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom