Guide to DLR for WDW Veterans!

RMichael21

For the record, the DL website refers to the opening of one park one hour early for those that qualify for that perk as an "Extra Magic Hour". And they rotate between both parks.

Oh, ok haha, thanks for clearing that up. But @BrianV, just remember that Magic Morning only occurs at Disneyland (whenever DL has EMH) while EMH has both parks. :)
Screen Shot 2017-03-22 at 3.55.57 PM.png

BrianV

Oh, ok haha, thanks for clearing that up. But @BrianV, just remember that Magic Morning only occurs at Disneyland (whenever DL has EMH) while EMH has both parks. :)
View attachment 195400

Thanks, everyone. So for an offsite guest with a 3 day ticket, that perk of the early magic morning is Only at DL? So based on our days it sounds like just April 4th. That's totally fine with me, just didn't want to mess up!

RMichael21

Thanks, everyone. So for an offsite guest with a 3 day ticket, that perk of the early magic morning is Only at DL? So based on our days it sounds like just April 4th. That's totally fine with me, just didn't want to mess up!
Yep!

On our first trip, we made the mistake of not researching and showed up to DL Magic Morning on a non-Magic Morning day. :rolleyes:

BrianV

I'm so confused now.
So having never been this is my take away.

If you are staying on-site you can use extra magic hours, when offered, at either park.

If you are off site using a three day ticket with one free magic morning you can used the one magic morning only at DL (and NOT CA) and again only when offered.

Is this correct ?

PacNWTigger

We stayed at Grand California in February. We only got one morning of extra magic hour for our 3 day hopper, but we could choose either park. I believe even those who stay off site are able to choose which park, but still only have one extra magic hour per stay. Does that make sense?

RMichael21

If you are staying on-site you can use extra magic hours, when offered, at either park.

If you are off site using a three day ticket with one free magic morning you can used the one magic morning only at DL (and NOT CA) and again only when offered.

Is this correct ?
Yes, that's correct. I believe Magic Mornings are only offered at DL on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. However, Extra Magic Hours is available everyday at either park (they rotate between each other).

Curious Constance

Is this correct ?
Per website:
Magic Morning allows one early admission into select attractions, stores, entertainment and dining locations at Disneyland Resort Park before the park opens to the general public. For admission, each member of your travel party (ages 3 and older) must have a valid 3-day or longer Disneyland Resort theme park ticket purchased online. Tickets purchased at the Ticket Booth do not include the Magic Morningentitlement. To enhance the Magic Morningexperience, please arrive at least one hour and 15 minutes prior to regular park opening. Magic Morning early admission is based on availability and does not operate daily. Applicable days and times of operation and all other elements including, but not limited to, operation of attractions, entertainment, stores and restaurants, and appearances of Characters, may vary and are subject to change without notice. Subject to capacity, cancellation and other restrictions.

:)

tinkhag6

When you say freebie to the fastpasses does that mean theynjust hand them out till there is none left? Or do you need to use your ticket to get them. Is that the only fastpass I would get for the day?

007mickey

Per website:
Magic Morning allows one early admission into select attractions, stores, entertainment and dining locations at Disneyland Resort Park before the park opens to the general public. For admission, each member of your travel party (ages 3 and older) must have a valid 3-day or longer Disneyland Resort theme park ticket purchased online. Tickets purchased at the Ticket Booth do not include the Magic Morningentitlement. To enhance the Magic Morningexperience, please arrive at least one hour and 15 minutes prior to regular park opening. Magic Morning early admission is based on availability and does not operate daily. Applicable days and times of operation and all other elements including, but not limited to, operation of attractions, entertainment, stores and restaurants, and appearances of Characters, may vary and are subject to change without notice. Subject to capacity, cancellation and other restrictions.

:)

We stayed on site our last visit so EMH ruled but this year we are staying off site. I just thought I knew the MM routine...wrong. So is this correct?
1. Only one day of your 3 day ticket can be used for MM
2. Only for DL
3. Only for certain days at DL (I thought it was Tues, Thurs & Sat)
4. Only 3 day tickets purchased "online"

Curious Constance

We stayed on site our last visit so EMH ruled but this year we are staying off site. I just thought I knew the MM routine...wrong. So is this correct?
2. Only for DL

Yes. Any day Disneyland if offering the EMH you can use your ONE Magic Morning.

GiveMeTheMusic

Original Poster
When you say freebie to the fastpasses does that mean theynjust hand them out till there is none left? Or do you need to use your ticket to get them. Is that the only fastpass I would get for the day?

You have to scan your ticket for a freebie Fastpass, but it doesn't stop you from getting another one. It's a freebie in that holding a World of Color FP means you can still get a Radiator Springs Racers FP.

PacNWTigger

2. Only for DL
#1 is correct
#2 you are able to choose between DL and DCA
#3 is partially correct. DL and DCA only have particular days for MM. They tend to alternate.
#4 unsure. My 3 day hopper was part of a vacation package, so I didn't purchase the tickets directly.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on any of those things guys, but I think it's accurate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom