Jimmy Fallon Ride

JoeCamel

When I provide facts and professional/personal experience. Contrasted with something you said in another thread:

I've taken the time to research this, and water parks, and I've spent much of my professional/personal time in theme parks.

So... Which is it?

Because aside from you mentioning a good example of something similar to Fallon, you've not contributed to the discussion. Would you like to discuss anything in particular regarding Escape from New York, or simulators and why some might end up more or less violent based on their construction and other factors? Otherwise, you're simply spouting. :p
Since you asked...

You tend to repeat the same lines thread to thread and the tone is that you are the only one in the world that knows these things and everyone else is wrong. It gets tiresome

rushtest4echo

Noted. I understand that your opinion of me has been tainted based on discussions in other threads. You're now predisposed to expect me to say things that I haven't said here or to err on the side of me being a huge critic of a water park that I'm very excited to visit. This attraction, on the other hand, doesn't interest me in the slightest, but I don't believe I've criticized it other than referring it to another of Universal's shake-you-in-front-of-a-screen attraction. it's still worth discussing at a park I enjoy visiting- and I happen to be interested in the different simulator platforms at Universal including this one. Just as you feel the need to discuss things on a forum about WDW despite your aversion to visiting such a poor-value property according to your sig.

Would you like to continue discussing the Fallon attraction?

I don't believe I've repeated anything or given any notion that I'm the only person in the world that knows about Fallon and its ride system.

I'm attempting to ascertain why reports of nausea have turned into reports that the ride has been tamed. I'm wondering out loud if it's relating to the guest experience, or if it structure related (I'm not the only one wondering this). I personally haven't ridden it yet, which is why I haven't offered an opinion on the ride experience beyond what I've read and what friends that work on the attraction have described.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Since you asked...

You tend to repeat the same lines thread to thread and the tone is that you are the only one in the world that knows these things and everyone else is wrong. It gets tiresome

Then why didn't you go off on a post where he repeated himself and throw in a quote where he repeated himself.

Instead, you chose a post where new information that is researched is added and is not a "repeated line."

Besides, I've seen @rushtest4echo 's posts in lots of thread and I don't see the repetition or the mightier than thou attitude. If you want to go after a know-it-all, there are other, clearer targets on this board...

clemmo

So to talk about the motion sickness....

I was able to ride this a few weeks ago. I wasn't sure what to expect when I went on the ride so I will share a little bit.

So I have heard from friends and they were comparing it to Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem. With around 70 person seating. When Fallon talked about the ride on his show he compared it to Soarin'. When you enter the ride room it has the DM / Star Tours feeling to it. You are wearing a seat belt and 3D glasses. We sat in the front row and I noticed the railing was not connected to the ride area so I knew we were going to move in some fashion. Because it was my first time riding I wanted to pay attention to the film and enjoy the ride. I have a weak tolerance for rides so what I enjoy about the rides like Kong and Transformers is I can look away and know I'm safe. I never felt the seat go into the air at all! About mid way in the film I looked over and saw we had gone high up! I couldn't belive we were so high in the theater because I never noticed the movement. I enjoy Soarin' but I can feel the movements as well as Star Tours. This ride is super super smooth.
Sorry for the late response but thanks I'll probably try it out tomorrow. Also what do you think about the Potter rides from a motion sickness standpoint? I'm leaning towards no FJ and possibly trying Gringotts. Sorry for the off topic post

Jones14

Sorry for the late response but thanks I'll probably try it out tomorrow. Also what do you think about the Potter rides from a motion sickness standpoint? I'm leaning towards no FJ and possibly trying Gringotts. Sorry for the off topic post
You should have no problem on Gringotts! If you're worried about it, don't do Forbidden Journey until after you've tried Gringotts, since it's more intense.

IAmFloridaBorn

Got a chance to ride yesterday, I'll say it's fun and quirky but tame enough to enjoy.
Will say this that screen is the second best done by Universal yet. Kong is first.
Overall, lovely entertaining attraction.

Wondering about the re-ride-ability factor though.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Got a chance to ride yesterday, I'll say it's fun and quirky but tame enough to enjoy.
Will say this that screen is the second best done by Universal yet. Kong is first.
Overall, lovely entertaining attraction.

Wondering about the re-ride-ability factor though.

I wasn't very fond of the video quality, but the ride was tame enough that even us old people can ride it.

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes

Sorry for late response that's a question for other readers on here. I have yet to build the confidence to ride either one of them. I already know for sure its a no for me on FJ.

DisneyPrincess5

I'm surprised that this thread has been quiet since the rides opening. Anyone ride it since opening? I wonder what crowds have been like, in addition to experiences now that it's open.

JCtheparrothead

I rode it with my kids and they loved it. It was just OK if you ask me. You are definitely immersed in the ride as the screen seems super close to the ride vehicle. I loved the queue and the virtual pass system and things seemed to move smoothly (I did ride it in April 6 though). I am not rushing to get back on it but my kids want to.

JoeCamel

So if you arrive late in the evening, do you even have a chance to ride? Or without a virtual spot are you sol?
At this time I would book early, it is like FP+ without standby (TSMM), once they are gone you can't ride but they have built a traditional unthemed queue out back and added a standby time space on the wait card so that might change in the future

disneygeek90

At this time I would book early, it is like FP+ without standby (TSMM), once they are gone you can't ride but they have built a traditional unthemed queue out back and added a standby time space on the wait card so that might change in the future
And you have to be there in person to book, correct?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom