First Timer

Phonedave

I definitely remember booking the day of. Remember those cool video stations in Epcot? Cutting edge technology - now you can do it on your cell phone if you want!

You could do it on your cell phone back then too. But it involved dialing a number, and then actually talking to an other human being. What a concept.

Phonedave

But who would have carried a brick around EPCOT:hilarious:

Bag, not a brick. I actually had a Motorola Bag Phone. The thing used to put out 3 watts at the antenna.

Actually though, around the time that EPCOT had those screens where you could make dining reservations, you could get phones such as the StarTac - you paid $800 1997 dollars for a CDMA flip phone, but they were avaiable.

-dave

righttrack

3 Days is a lot of pressure for newbies, so do your planning now. Get your fastpasses going on rides as soon as they open up. The the My Disney Experience on your phones so you can do that and also reserve a table service meal. I'm going to suggest that you look into the following meal experiences:

O'hana - Polynesian family feast, with games for the little ones
1900 Park Fare - Buffet meal with princesses (Cinderella is present and while the castle is nice, it books 6 months in advance)
Crystal Palace - Buffet meal with Winnie the Pooh and Friends

Schedule these meals for early breakfast or for dinner, except Crystal Palace which is in the Magic Kingdom park and can work for any meal.

Make your fastpasses for rides. Do all of the dinner reservations now and the fastpasses. Some people just are happy with counter-service/quick service meals but when you're on vacation there are fun dining experiences here that require the advance reservations, many of these things book 3-6 months out so you may have to keep trying.

As for the parks, familiarize yourself with the maps.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom