The Official Gay Days Trip Planning Thread

BuddyThomas

Hi All -

There have been years and years of Gay Days threads not being allowed on here because they apparently always got so ugly. I understand that people have strong feelings on this issue, but on the other hand, things have progressed and I hope minds have been opened.

With that in mind, I have been in touch with @The Mom and I have been approved to post the first official Gay Days thread. Whoo-hooo!

So, here's the deal. This is meant to be a very respectful thread, meant specifically for trip planning -@The Mom will be watching it, and any posts debating the "appropriateness" of the event will be deleted. This is meant to be a thread for sharing information about the event with others who are interested in attending it, not a place to air opinions about the LBGT community.

I totally understand if you have issues with this event, because I have issues with a lot of stuff going on currently in this country as well, but those things can be discussed/argued on Facebook, Newsvine, and endless other places. This thread is for planning and info sharing only. Please respect this. It is kind of historic that WDW Magic is allowing this to proceed and I hope no one ruins it.

With that said, let's dive right in. Here are the dates this year, 2017:

Thursday June 1 - Animal Kingdom
Friday, June 2 - Hollywood Studios (some are going to Uni instead this day)
Saturday June 3 - Magic Kingdom
Sunday June 4 - EPCOT

I actually don't even have a trip booked yet, and if anyone has read any of my trips reports, you will know why. Blocked by Phil!!! But I might just do a trip anyway.

First issue that I think is up for discussion is that since Avatar opens in late May at AK, do you think that is going to make this particular weekend more crowded than ever? I assume so, but I welcome any thoughts.

And of course, let's all discuss the entire event. All are welcome here, so long as there is no trolling or disparaging comments. We're all people. We all love Disney or we would not be here. So let's please respect each other and prove to the mods that this thread is not going to trigger the end of the world. ;)

Let's go.

BuddyThomas

Original Poster
The way this year is going - it's always possible! Brian is heading back to Orlando by Friday so I should be up next week or so.
Possible?? Posible?? I want you to count the days you slept in your actual house as opposed to those you spent in Lake Buena Vista, Buddy Thomas said with intense jealousy. And then his head exploded. ;)

Upvote 0

BuddyThomas

Original Poster
So, as far as parties, they don't seem to be doing that much this year, but what they are doing seems fun.

Typhoon Lagoon - Riptide - June 2nd - 7PM - 2AM

A House of Blues event called Love Wins (I love that) on Saturday from 9PM - 2AM

Plus a bunch of after parties and pool parties that are, I guess, just for people coming down for parties and not parks.

Link to full schedule here:

http://www.onemagicalweekend.com/

Upvote 0

BuddyThomas

Original Poster
@BuddyThomas I'm glad you found this website, because you definitely bring a whole bunch of humor, heart, and I dare say (using both the old and new definitions of the word), gaiety to this community. :)
Awwwwwwwwwww, thank you so much. Others might be asking for my head, especially after they have that new political thread that I can't resist. But thanks so much for the nice words. And by the way, you rock too! :)

Upvote 0

Tony the Tigger

@BuddyThomas I'm glad you found this website, because you definitely bring a whole bunch of humor, heart, and dare I say (using both the old and new definitions of the word), gaiety to this community. :)

I just watched "Disneyland Around The Seasons" again last night (can't delete it from my DVR even though it's on YouTube) and in the course of describing new attractions at DL in 1966, Walt dropped the g-bomb at least 5 or 6 times. :p

Upvote 0

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I just watched "Disneyland Around The Seasons" again last night (can't delete it from my DVR even though it's on YouTube) and in the course of describing new attractions at DL in 1966, Walt dropped the g-bomb at least 5 or 6 times. :p

And just so you know (though you already do), I <3 you too. :inlove:

As an English/History student back in the day, and a wordsmith by trade, I am intrigued by the changes in the meaning of words throughout time. I think we're on the cusp of another shift, where the acronym LGBT establishes itself as a "definition" (really, why do any of us need to be defined?)

Evolution, baby. Let's see where it takes us. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tony the Tigger

IMG_0801.JPG

Represent!

Upvote 0

BuddyThomas

Original Poster
Okay - so somehow on my tax return today, I'm getting back like $2,500, which seems crazy, but now I have some money to play with for Disney. Or...I could just save it...(WHAT?!? - save?? what is this strange word??)

..........Nah. Let's spend it now..............Bag lady corner here I come in 15 years.

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
Okay - so somehow on my tax return today, I'm getting back like $2,500, which seems crazy, but now I have some money to play with for Disney. Or...I could just save it...(WHAT?!? - save?? what is this strange word??)

..........Nah. Let's spend it now..............Bag lady corner here I come in 15 years.
WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure that would cover most of a solo trip:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: sans beverages:(

Upvote 0

Tony the Tigger

Had I thought this through a little better, it may have worked.

We are flying up to NJ for a wedding Memorial Day weekend. Had I booked the flight from Orlando, that would have been near perfect timing on the return home.

AP blockout dates start 6/3.

Bottom line, if we leave the pup home for the weekend, come back for a day and leave again, I think she'll commit puppy patricide.

Unless...we bring her along...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom